NARS Cosmetics Dolce Vita

NARS Cosmetics Dolce Vita
NARS Lipstick in Dolce VitaBare on the left, Nars Dolce Vita on the right.NARS Dolce Vita lipstickDolce Vita

4.1

on 9/19/2018 4:45:00 PM

Love this shade.

IMO its the most flattering shade on any skin tone, fair to dark. It has this reddish coral to brownish plum that adds color to your lips just the way you need it to.

I like how sheer it is and also how glossy/lip balm like it is.

on 5/7/2018 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

A sheer, MLBB color, Dolce Vita provides enough coverage for my brownish tinted lips to match the inner pink color where lips meet mouth, which balms do not do for me. If I pout my lip out, you cannot see where this lipstick ends and inner lip begins. Touch ups are needed every couple hours because I have a tendency to rub my lips together pretty frequently. This is my go-to for a clean, soft, no-makeup look.

on 4/4/2018 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this from Sephora, excited to finally try out the famed Dolce Vita lipstick. However, it's basically invisible on my pigmented lips -- it looks exactly like I'm wearing chapstick. Not a gloss, because it doesn't have a glossy finish -- just a slightly shiny finish. The formula is lovely though, non-drying and seems to last a couple of hours, so I would definitely get another NARS lipstick, but in a different shade. 4 stars for formula and packaging, 1.5 stars for color.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I've come to appreciate sheer lipsticks throughout the years, but still, this particular one is way too expensive for what it is. I got a full-size in a Sephora Favorites kit, but I'd never willingly buy this for the full price. It's a lovely color - a super sheer mauvey pink that truly fits the definition of MLBB, but it does that thing where it bunches up in the inside of your lips and makes a white ring. Not appealing at all. I give it a pass because that tends to be the nature of sheer lipsticks, but besides that, the price is a no-go.

So expensive for a lipstick that does nothing except even out your lip color. Very sheer and no color pay off. If you want a lipstick that people cannot tell you are wearing lipstick, go for it but there are better alternatives out there.

on 1/29/2018 8:52:00 PM

This is an expensive product for what you get. Sheer, your lips but better shade. Creamy, hydrating. Like other reviewers have said, you can get this shade from any cheap tinted lip balm in a neutral color. Not worth the cost at all. Mine came in a sephora lip set otherwise I never would have purchased it full price. On my neutral-warm fair skin, the shade comes across as a pinky brown nude. It has a shiny finish. You have to apply several layers to get any sort of color from the product to show up. One layer is going to look VERY faint indeed and do what a lip-balm does. It's certainly not a bad product, it's just not worth the high-end price tag in the least.

on 10/5/2017 11:56:00 PM

This is a MLBB shade. Mind you it doesn’t last very long but it doesn’t dry out my lips either. You need to constantly retouch throughout the day. That being said it is on the expensive side—more expensive that MAC lipsticks but is it worth it? Yes.

on 1/25/2017 11:06:00 PM

I love the neutral color of this lipstick. It is suitable to wear everyday and make your lip color appear better. This lipstick is always in my purse and I don't actually like to wear lipstick in general. It is hydrating to the lips and doesn't give that heavy look on my lips. I have the gloss, the matte lip crayon and the lip pencil from this Dolce Vita color as well and for night time, I would either top this lipstick with the gloss or simply wear the more long lasting matte lip crayon. The only thing I dislike is the velvet rubber packaging of the lipstick. I live in a humid country and it gets sticky after a while. All of my Nars product packaging becomes sticky after a while.. which is gross. I wish Nars would come up with a new packaging that is more climate friendly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't get the hype. It's an extremely sheer dusty pink lipstick. Worst of all, it's 28 freakin' dollars! You can get the same effect with that tinted lip balm wedged in the bottom of your purse, I guarantee it. Lasting power would be just as long, too - 2 hours at best.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great staple for no-makeup makeup looks, but I don't think you should be investing in NARS for something you can find pretty much anywhere else with exactly the same quality.

on 1/8/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

While I was so excited to buy this lipstick, once I put it on I was let down. Where's the color? It's good for one of those "I am putting on makeup to make it look like I'm not wearing makeup" kinda days. Otherwise, save your 30 bucks!