PiperWai

No Image

4.1

My Underarms can get funky/ Stinky for a girl so I always wondered if natural deordarants would really work, could natural deordarants really control body odor and sweat?. Breast cancer is a big concern of mine, from reading articles there are claims that regular deordarants and body products like talcom powder can be linked to breast cancer and I have been on and off of natural deordarants for a while. I usually use natural deordarants during the work day but not for high intensity activities. I don't wear natural deordarants to the gym or at night club. Piper wai was a deodorant I had to try . Mind you I have tried the crystal deodarant and Toms deodarant. Piper wai was weird putting on. I really don't like digging my fingers into something to apply since its in a small jar. Applying was like using a charcoal mask under your arms except it doesn't get hard. I had to apply several times to make sure it covered my entire underarms. The product was flaky during application. It also has a minty earthy smell which does not compliment my other body products. So far it works fairly good. I'm going to mix this with the crystal deodarant first then apply the piper wai after for super natural deordarant protection.

on 7/30/2017 10:34:00 AM

I bought piperwai deodorant after seeing the product on shark tank. I was excited to see a natural product that they claim works. Let me first give you my background: I have tried EVERY SINGLE deodorant product on the market. I do not have a problem with perspiration, but rather the bacteria under arms that results in odor. I used to have to wash my armpits at least 3 times a day, and I used clinical strength deodorant. I kept a bar of dial soap in my purse in case I was out, and the deodorant wore off (yes it was this bad). I went to my PCP and dermatologist; they were not able to do anything for me. They said unfortunately some people just produce those bacterias regardless of how clean they are. If I had anxiety or was nervous (anything that raised my body temperature), I'd instantly have an odor. I felt defeated. Being a 120lb woman with such a bad odor was embarrassing (I had to be so conscious of my underarms to avoid the smell; it even limited what I'd do throughout the day. I dreaded summer completely because the fear of my body temperature increasing and causing me to smell). Well, I'm happy to say yesterday I put piperwai on in the morning after my shower. I ran around with 4 year olds at a birthday party, came home (didn't smell), but with my past history I was worried I would, so I put a bit more on (didn't wash my underarms though). I went to a younger cousins graduation party. Came home, went to bed, woke up, made Sunday morning breakfast and still no adverse scent under my arms. As of now, I'm so happy with this product. Hopefully this weight on my shoulders will be lifted completely over time. Only time will tell, but for now it's wonderful. So glad I purchased this product!

on 4/6/2017 12:09:00 PM

I'm thrilled with this product. I tried making my own deodorant, but each version either gave me a rash or stained my clothes over time. I was looking for a good product for sensitive skin and found this at our local gluten-free/natural grocery store. It wasn't the cheapest option, but it wasn't the most expensive either. It lasts quite a while, so that makes it more cost effective. The scent reminds me of Noczema from back in the day, but it doesn't linger. I apply a pea size amount to each underarm, although I try not to do so right after shaving because it will sting a bit. I've used an entire jar plus and haven't gotten a rash! It's a deodorant, NOT an antiperspirant, so while it doesn't keep my totally dry, I find that it does help and it definitely keeps me smelling fresh throughout the day. I'll definitely continue to purchase this. One note: this is packaged in a glass jar. As cute as it may be, if you're a klutz like me, use care when handling the jar. I dropped mine on the tile in our bathroom and the glass jar shattered.

on 11/1/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this after seeing it on Shark Tank. This is a decent product, but I couldn't get over the "natural" smell. I don't feel comfortable wearing this around others, they would probably think I smell bad. I will not repurchase.

on 10/19/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Like many others, I'm on a mission to find a good alternative (non-aluminum containing) deodorant. I am halfway through the container and so far I am -not- that amazed by this. It is a still a decent "natural" deo in my opinion given that all the other "natural"/alternative deodorants I've tried have been absolute and utter duds. I like that it doesn't dry my skin out or cause any odd texture issues on my underarms, it sometimes leaves a slightly gray cast on your pits if you don't take the time to rub it in throughly but I've never had problems with it staining/transferring on clothes (for those curious). I use as recommended, I apply out of the shower after I towel dry and sometimes re-apply (always with clean hands) throughout the day. I work in a cold office and I stay fresh & stink-free for about 4-5 hours, past that mark I start to notice the deo's smell intertwining with my odor. In my experience, PW definitely doesn't hold up outdoors or when I work out, I live in SE Texas where the humidity + heat feels like it's directly coming out of a dog's mouth, within an hour my pits start to smell depending on how hot it is out. Like many times when I wear "natural" deo, I have to carry scented underarm wipes (container is glass, so it's not that travel friendly) in my purse/backpack if I want to do anything that involves being active or outdoors. If you are wondering, of course you will experience sweat with this deo, I didn't expect or find that the touted charcoal or the starch in the ingredients to do any sweat-preventing magic. I'd say though, give PW a shot if you already don't sweat much and live in an area with a cool climate, I'm hoping that PW will one day release a longer lasting formula.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been searching for a great deodorant for YEARS!!.. I hate all the flower drug store options that tend to just mask odor instead of preventing it. No other product has worked this well for me. It has a "natural" smell and yes, you have to rub it into your armpit, but its so worth it. I feel fresh and clean all day and am no longer nervous when those hot days occur.

on 1/31/2016 6:27:00 PM

Living in the Philadelphia area, I stumbled upon this product over the summer when it was profiled in a local newspaper. I had been finding that regular antiperspirants just weren't working for me. I have no idea why. I've never had luck with non-antiperspirants, but this one actually works. It's made with charcoal and tapioca powder according to the label. I hesitantly tested it out over several weeks at the gym and on a hot summer day (keeping my a stash of Dry Idea in my bag just in case) and it held up. Now it's my HG deodorant. Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for the ladies at PiperWai, their deodorant took off and I've been waiting a few months for a re-stock at my local pharmacy. Right now it's mail order or at select retailers, but if you get a chance to try it, I highly recommend it. It's around $10 a jar and my only complaint is that you have to rub it in (no applicator). But I hear they are working on a applicator method.