Maybelline New York Master Precise Skinny Gel Pencil

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It goes onto my waterline easily, which is the only way I really use this type of liner. It's a nice black, and definitely better than the Maybelline Define-A-Line in terms of not smudging and staying on, but it does still become patchy, especially on the lower waterline and inner corners. I always need to touch it up a bit and wipe away some from my inner corners.

I did try it as a winged liner just to see how it would preform, and I wasn't impressed. It tugs too much to get a smooth line.

I don't think I'll be buying this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had been looking for a super-skinny eyeliner to use on my upper waterline for awhile, so when I found this product at the drugstore it was as if my prayers had been answered. What wasn't to like? I purchased it right away and couldn't wait to try out my new ultra-black, no-tug, micro tip gel liner!

Well, sadly the product is so soft that bits would break off and fall into my eye or fall down onto my cheeks (which of course smeared when i gently tried to pry it away). I swear I wasn't pressing hard. I would gingerly use tiny strokes in fear of it falling into my eyes. On top of that, the product easily transferred onto my lower lash line within 1 hour and balled up into my tear duct. I REALLY wanted this product to work out but in the end, life's too short to have eyeliner that doesn't stay put and so I tossed it within the first 2 weeks.

I continued my search for a product that I could tight line with that was budge-proof and found L'Oreal Infallible Gel Eyeliner. I highly recommend the L'Oreal one instead.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I strictly use this for tightlining my upper lashes. It gets in between my lashes and makes them look fuller/darker. I wear contacts and this does not transfer onto my lens. Definitely would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This eyeliner is genius. It’s perfect for hooded eyes since it’s super skinny and you can get right in the lashline. It glides on creamy, doesn’t smudge, and is a really intense black. Hourglass makes a skinny eyeliner like this but this does the trick for a fraction of the price. I love the hot pink packaging. My only gripe is you can’t twist too much up at a time or else the tip breaks off. I typically never buy drugstore makeup, but this knocks all eyeliners I’ve ever tried out of the water. Because I have hooded eyes, every pencil eyeliner smudges on me but not this one. I am stocking up in case they ever discontinue this. It also works wonderfully on my waterline. I wear a smokey eye every day and what makes a smokey eye is the intensity at the lashline and this maybeline eyeliner is the best thing ever to build up that intensity.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I am OBSESSED with this eyeliner. Whoever came up with this concept should win a nobel, seriously. This pencil is great for anyone with small eyes like me... it really gives them definition and shape. I usually purchase mine in black. Its affordable and the packaging is sleek. it glides on smoothly and effortlessly, so there is really no need to blend. My only problem with it is that if you apply if and your eyes are watery or if you have product on your waterline, it will not go on so smooth; so I suggest purchasing the waterproof formula instead. Other than that, I hope maybelline NEVER discontinues this product! It is truly a classic.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wanted this for tight-lining my upper water line. It looks nice at first and goes on smooth, but this transfers to my lower waterline. Deal breaker for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Once upon a time Maybelline had a twist up pencil called Master Drama by EyeStudio which claimed to have at least 16 hour wear, etc. I owned them in every color - purple, navy, charcoal and of course black. They wore wonderfully both on the skin of the upper and lower lash line as well as the lower waterline, which is hard to find in a pencil. Anytime I find anything I like of course they discontinue it. Once I got to the point of wanting to buy replacements, they were no longer on the mass market. I wanted to find a suitable replacement for the waterline because I own both MUFE and UD pencils which I wear on the upper and lower lash lines. Low and behold I saw this little bugger. It reminded me of the skinny gel twist-up pencil that Hourglass Cosmetics makes (for a fraction of the price). It's $8.99 versus their $18 whopper of a tag. Let's just say that I am impressed with the wear. I put on the liner in the morning, and at night, it was STILL on my waterline. It did not lose intensity; it did not fade in the least. It wore impeccably. It did not travel below into my lower lash line. Will I repurchase this again? Yes. I already bought a spare in case Maybelline loses their mind AGAIN and discontinues something I love. It is easy to twist up. I'm not sure how long the actual product is, so because of that, I have given the price a 4-lipstick rating given that I've not used this up to the end and cannot speak of the value of product for the price. All in all, super impressed. I highly recommend it. Also, it did not make my eyes water at all.

Just trying it cs it looked easy to use. But it smudged everywhere, even when I wasn't sweating or crying. Wore it during the winter and it practically ruins my makeup in 5min. It smudged under my eye in minutes literally minutes. Will def never buy this prod again.

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I like this one a lot, and I would repurchase it. I pretty much only do tightlining, and I pretty much only use my discontinued Bare Minerals eyeliners or gel with a brush. And now I use this little pencil!

It is super skinny and glides nicely, and I can wiggle it in my upper lashes. It stays on all day without smudging, and it doesn't migrate down to my eyeball. I don't think it's waterproof, but I don't care. I love that it's bright pink and I can find it in my makeup bag.

The only negative I can imagine is that I'll go through it quickly. I seem to twist it up pretty frequently. But it's cheap enough, so that's OK. Also, I guess it's probably a good thing to use it up quickly since I use it so close to my eye. More sanitary that way.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've already gone thru a couple of these eyeliners. I use strictly for tightlining. It is a dupe for the Hourglass 1.5mm gel liner. It works exactly the same. This liner stays on all day for me. Because the tip is to tiny, I can wiggle it into my upper lashline and it really thickens the line. My HG tightline is the Marc Jacobs Highliner, but when I don't have $25 to spend -- I get this. It does the job. Maybe some touch ups to out in the evening, but it works just fine for me.