Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
Photo Finish Primer OilPhoto Finish Primer OilPhoto Finish Primer Oil

4.4

INGREDIENTS: PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL , PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL , SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL , HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE , SQUALANE , TOCOPHEROL , ANOGEISSUS LEIOCARPUS BARK EXTRACT , COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT , HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT\EXTRAIT D'ORGE , TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT , ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL , CALOPHYLLUM INOPHYLLUM (TAMANU) SEED OIL , CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER OIL , LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL , OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL , ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL , RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) SEED OIL , CHOLESTEROL , WATER\AQUA\EAU , POLYSORBATE 60 , LINOLEIC ACID , LINALOOL , TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE

on 8/31/2018 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Pros -
Manages to make my, very very, dry skin not dry enough to wear foundation and not look like a cakey mess!

Good amount of product in the bottle

Makes my makeup look dewy

Cons -
The bottle is really impractical. It's hard to get product out and when you do, it drips everywhere. That's not great when you pay a lot for it!

Hate the smell

I have to use quite a lot to not make my makeup cakey

Overall, I do like this product. I've used quite a few primers, and this one seems to work best for me. It takes up a bit of time in my makeup routine, putting it on and waiting for it to set into my skin, but it's worth it. I tried another Smashbox primer, which unfortunately didn't work on my skin so I'm happy this suits me. I use it after I cleanse, and tone by rubbing it in and letting it seep into my skin. I find I have to use quite a lot, otherwise it doesn't work, but that could be because of my dry skin. I'll buy it again!

on 2/2/2018 12:37:00 AM

I don't understand this product at all. I got a sample size of this from somewhere. It's the fact that I have incredibly oily skin, but I don't like the idea of putting anything oily on my face. I tried this anyway, and while it was surprisingly lightweight, I don't feel like it did anything to help my makeup apply smoother, or have it last longer. Also $42????

on 1/13/2018 11:36:00 AM

Although I have dry skin, this broke me out so BADLY. I got pimples and many whiteheads and still have them. Honestly, I dont even have acne prone skin or sensitive skin...

If you tried Kiehls Midnight recovery oil and you broke out, you should not buy this because it will give you the exactly same problem. Now I will use it on my body like I did with the Kiehls

If you are looking for an oil for your face, I recommend the Body Shop "Oils of life" for your face.

Lalala loved it... got it in an ipsy bag as a sample finally ran out & paid 41$ for a big bottle. It does wonders if you have dry patches on your face.
Only thing I have bad to say about it is, if you don't let it set for like 5-10 mins before applying your liquid foundation, your foundation doesn't apply evenly. Only down fall, cause if you're in a rush to get ready you pop in the bathroom at work to find out your make up looks blah.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this as a sample months ago in a Sephora play box. I use it around my mouth and it stops my foundation from settling into my smile lines. It is the only primer I've tried can stop this problem and I've used them all from smashbox, makeup forever step 1, hourglass, etc. It is pricey but the huge bottle will surely last you a year or two. The sample bottle has lasted me at least 6 months. It's lightweight and non greasy. I have dry skin and it gives no problems

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, every Primer I have tried was awful. This one is absolutely amazing. My face stays matte all Day, primer hides dry patches. The only negative thing can be a price,it is high

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this in an order and didn't really plan on using it. I tried it anyway just because the other primers that I actuallly purchased didn't do anything for me. I'm definitely buying this once the sample runs out! With this under foundation my flared up dry patches smooth out and none of my foundation clings. And I swear the patches also go away with use of this product. Highly recommend!

on 5/15/2017 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This really is a lovely primer oil Smashbox has came out with. I love the smell. I adore the dropper. You only need the smallest amount of product. Great for us dry gals out there. Multi- purpose. You can use this as cuticle oil, a dewy sheen on your cheekbones or collar bones, a primer, a night serum, moisturizer, etc.
BUT- I will not be repurchasing. Smashbox isn't cruelty free and that's unfortunate.

on 3/16/2017 7:25:00 AM

This is a beautiful product. Added to foundation it does make a difference, it spreads further and just goes on nicely. Helps to keep makeup on as well. I love the quality of the oil too, it doesn't feel cheap and tbh I think the price for product isn't that bad, only because a little goes a long way and I can tell this is a well developed product. I've tried a 250 dollar lamer oil and it was 1/4 of the quality of this product.

on 1/25/2017 11:55:00 AM

For the first few days this was great. My makeup went on smooth and even stayed matte for majority of the day, but by day 3 I started to break out. I ended up with huge cystic pimples on the parts of my face that are naturally oily. Took almost three weeks for them to go away after I stopped using this stuff. Was hesitant to start again, good thing I was only using a sample and didn't actually buy.