Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
Photo Finish Primer OilPhoto Finish Primer OilPhoto Finish Primer Oil

4.5

INGREDIENTS: PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL , PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL , SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL , HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE , SQUALANE , TOCOPHEROL , ANOGEISSUS LEIOCARPUS BARK EXTRACT , COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT , HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT\EXTRAIT D'ORGE , TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT , ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL , CALOPHYLLUM INOPHYLLUM (TAMANU) SEED OIL , CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER OIL , LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL , OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL , ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL , RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) SEED OIL , CHOLESTEROL , WATER\AQUA\EAU , POLYSORBATE 60 , LINOLEIC ACID , LINALOOL , TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this as a sample months ago in a Sephora play box. I use it around my mouth and it stops my foundation from settling into my smile lines. It is the only primer I've tried can stop this problem and I've used them all from smashbox, makeup forever step 1, hourglass, etc. It is pricey but the huge bottle will surely last you a year or two. The sample bottle has lasted me at least 6 months. It's lightweight and non greasy. I have dry skin and it gives no problems

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, every Primer I have tried was awful. This one is absolutely amazing. My face stays matte all Day, primer hides dry patches. The only negative thing can be a price,it is high

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this in an order and didn't really plan on using it. I tried it anyway just because the other primers that I actuallly purchased didn't do anything for me. I'm definitely buying this once the sample runs out! With this under foundation my flared up dry patches smooth out and none of my foundation clings. And I swear the patches also go away with use of this product. Highly recommend!

on 5/15/2017 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This really is a lovely primer oil Smashbox has came out with. I love the smell. I adore the dropper. You only need the smallest amount of product. Great for us dry gals out there. Multi- purpose. You can use this as cuticle oil, a dewy sheen on your cheekbones or collar bones, a primer, a night serum, moisturizer, etc.
BUT- I will not be repurchasing. Smashbox isn't cruelty free and that's unfortunate.

on 3/16/2017 7:25:00 AM

This is a beautiful product. Added to foundation it does make a difference, it spreads further and just goes on nicely. Helps to keep makeup on as well. I love the quality of the oil too, it doesn't feel cheap and tbh I think the price for product isn't that bad, only because a little goes a long way and I can tell this is a well developed product. I've tried a 250 dollar lamer oil and it was 1/4 of the quality of this product.

on 1/25/2017 11:55:00 AM

For the first few days this was great. My makeup went on smooth and even stayed matte for majority of the day, but by day 3 I started to break out. I ended up with huge cystic pimples on the parts of my face that are naturally oily. Took almost three weeks for them to go away after I stopped using this stuff. Was hesitant to start again, good thing I was only using a sample and didn't actually buy.

on 1/20/2017 2:20:00 AM

Ok I was totally skeptical of this stuff. My skin is deeply irritated from a crazy TCA peel-red, super irritated, basically a total mess. My Estée Lauder double wear would cover the redness, but it was itchy as hell and it'd look cakey.

I can't believe how great this looks and feels. I switched from the regular double wear to the maximum cover from EL, and it looks gorgeous. It's helped the itchiness, I don't get nearly as dry, and it seriously helps my acne scarring. Oh and of course it doesn't break me out.

I use a beauty blender and I feel I can use a lot less product too, so it'll make my max cover tube last longer.

I actually think it's helping improve the condition of my super irritated face too.

I love this stuff. Will buy forever.

on 10/20/2016 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm pretty new to primers, but I received a generous sample of this in a Sephora order and I must say, I do like it. My skin is normal with a T-zone that shines up throughout the day, and lately my routine with this primer is to moisturize as usual (Clinique DDMG, sparingly), then add a few drops to my palm and pat it in gently. I've been using MAC StudioFix as my foundation lately and it blends nicely over the primer oil...I haven't tried using a liquid over the primer oil, but I'll update this review when I do. I saw a few reviews that mentioned oily-skinned gals liking this product, and while I don't have oily skin, I would describe this primer as a "dry oil", so it's definitely not greasy. My sample has lasted me almost 2 weeks and I would definitely consider purchasing a full size. I'll update this review later, but so far so good!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Broke out in little unpoppable pimples by the end of the day. Horrible.

on 9/8/2016 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I Love it. I can't afford a full size but I think this can last awhile.I put it around my eyes at night and on parts of my face after I moisturize.....I use a bit with my foundation and brush.It does a good job with foundation.I like the Dewey ,natural feel.It's not too heavy,smells good and just feels luxurious.lol.I just now used it over my night lotion around my eyes and eyelids etc.I'm going to see if it changes anything for my makeup routine tomorrow.I live in a dry area so this will help.I don't have real troublesome skin.Wayne Goss.Makeup artist on YouTube is where I first heard after adding a drop of oil to foundation.I forget what oil he used.I think it's a great thing.I saw a video of a women putting oil on her lips before using her matte lipstick.