LUSH Rosy Cheeks

Fantastic fresh face mask. Heavily rose scented with damascus rose oil, and with calamine powder for oily skin and kaolin clay. Dries softly withput pulling, like an Aztec Clay mask would, washes off cleanly and makes my skin very soft. Sometimes I use it just on my T zone, and I always follow up with Thayer's rose witch hazel and Lush's Vanishing cream. I am 47 but my skin looks like I'm 30.

This mask is suitable for dry skin. My skin is something in between and I would say that it dries my skin. I absolutely love the texture of the mask and the only thing what I don’t like it’s the smell. I think it works okay.

Love it!!! Works and feels good all the way.

This is definitely a mask for people with oily skin. My skin is combination, I don't have large pores but I do tend to break out a lot, which is when I went looking for a mask that would really calm my skin.

My testament to this product is that I used it about 2-3 times a week without any reactions (I have sensitive skin so this is important!). I almost never finish masks, I use them every so often and forget about them, but this one had such a transforming effect that I wanted to keep using it. It really smoothed my skin and made it noticeably softer, it also calmed the redness and healed my acne. I will absolutely re-purchase.

The scent is strong but not overpowering, and the texture is incredibly smooth. I liked that keeping the mask in the fridge made it cold when I applied it. This is also the easiest mask to remove, it washes off very cleanly and easily at the sink.

It can leave your skin tight and dry, so I would recommend following with toner and moisturiser before bed. I had good success combining with rose water for toner and trilogy balancing face lotion for moisturiser.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Better suited for those with oily skin as it can be very drying. Rinses clean however and has a lovely rose scent. It didn't relieve the redness in my cheeks completely but does make my pores noticeably smaller. The Cupcake mask is still my favorite.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm actually a bit sad to say I'm not very impressed with this mask. I adore Lush's Catastrophe Cosmetics mask - it has turned my acne prone skin around numerous times and will always be my go to mask when my skin is stressed and breaking out. I figured this would be something similar. Both masks contain calamine powder, kaolin and rose in some form (CC has rose absolute, RC has rose petal infusion, rose oil and rose clay(?)). Both masks are pretty soothing as well as mattifying, but Rosy Cheeks to me is more drying. It gives me a slightly tight and itchy feeling after washing it off, and I don't even have particularly dry skin. Most of the time moisturizing takes away most of the dehydrated feeling, but it's still a bit too much for my combo skin. My skin feels smooth afterwards, but it doesn't really look any different from before use. I don't notice it doing anything to combat breakouts, either.

I had quite high hopes for this mask, perhaps too high, but then again I always have Catastrophe Cosmetics to fall back on so I'm not too bummed about it. One thing I'll say is that if you don't like the residue that some of Lush's masks can leave on the skin, this one might be a good alternative, since there's minimal residue with this one. People with oilier skin types would probably like it more than I do, too.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ Mattifying, so probably best for people with oily skin
+ The small spots that appear in the mask when it has dried down makes me think it might be extracting some stuff from pores
+ The scent is quite nice - more of a classic rose scent than the Rose Jam scent, but still quite light and fresh
+ While it does dry down stiff, it doesn't crumble all over the place like some Lush masks!

- Doesn't give that fresh faced, "I just did a face mask" glow that I want from masks
- Doesn't do anything for acne either (not that it's advertised to do so, but seeing as it shared some main ingredients with Catastrophe Cosmetics, I still expected it to do at least something in that area)
- Makes my skin feel pretty parched

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Big fan of Lush's face masks. This one leaves a glow like no other and leaves skin feeling smooth and plump. Beautiful smell too, although this is the first Lush mask I've used that actually dries on your face like a clay. Despite this, it's surprisingly moisturising and doesn't really dry out my skin. I moved on to this after regularly using (in the past) The Sacred Truth, Cosmetic Warrior, Ayesha and Brazened Honey. This one is my current favourite.

I got this as my free face mask for returning five empty containers. The smell is oh so good- like the other rose products (Rose Jam, Rose Argan body conditioner etc). It felt lovely and soothing on my face and left it feeling nourished, plump, and firm (like me, lol). Would totally purchase. About $17 in New Zealand.

The scent is really nice without being overwhelming, which I think rose scents tend to do. I appreciate that it's not overwhelming. I use this 3 to 4 times in the week due to the fact you cannot keep this product for long, which I think is a shame and why the packaging is inconvenient. I get that it's a thick consistency, but when you cannot use this for more than a month, you are slathering on 13 euros worth of product in a fast pace. If you are keen on using this product and want to make this a staple, the costs add up.

However, I find that this mask does help with calming down my skin, which gets red easily. I tend to always have a good skin day after I use this (sometimes even multiples), which is what I want out of a mask and 9 out of 10 times, most masks fail to make a lasting impact.

I always use a serum and a cream after, because I find this is just ever so slightly drying, but nothing too bad. Anyone with dry or dehydrated skin, shouldn't be wary of using this. It cleanses, calms without stripping.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this fresh face mask over in London as per reccomendation of the girl working there and my then partner and I tried this out a few times, the smell is lovely but it's a very thick mask and it dries on even thicker. My skin did feel fresh after using it however there was no other differences in my skin.