LUSH Rosy Cheeks

3.9

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Big fan of Lush's face masks. This one leaves a glow like no other and leaves skin feeling smooth and plump. Beautiful smell too, although this is the first Lush mask I've used that actually dries on your face like a clay. Despite this, it's surprisingly moisturising and doesn't really dry out my skin. I moved on to this after regularly using (in the past) The Sacred Truth, Cosmetic Warrior, Ayesha and Brazened Honey. This one is my current favourite.

I got this as my free face mask for returning five empty containers. The smell is oh so good- like the other rose products (Rose Jam, Rose Argan body conditioner etc). It felt lovely and soothing on my face and left it feeling nourished, plump, and firm (like me, lol). Would totally purchase. About $17 in New Zealand.

The scent is really nice without being overwhelming, which I think rose scents tend to do. I appreciate that it's not overwhelming. I use this 3 to 4 times in the week due to the fact you cannot keep this product for long, which I think is a shame and why the packaging is inconvenient. I get that it's a thick consistency, but when you cannot use this for more than a month, you are slathering on 13 euros worth of product in a fast pace. If you are keen on using this product and want to make this a staple, the costs add up.

However, I find that this mask does help with calming down my skin, which gets red easily. I tend to always have a good skin day after I use this (sometimes even multiples), which is what I want out of a mask and 9 out of 10 times, most masks fail to make a lasting impact.

I always use a serum and a cream after, because I find this is just ever so slightly drying, but nothing too bad. Anyone with dry or dehydrated skin, shouldn't be wary of using this. It cleanses, calms without stripping.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this fresh face mask over in London as per reccomendation of the girl working there and my then partner and I tried this out a few times, the smell is lovely but it's a very thick mask and it dries on even thicker. My skin did feel fresh after using it however there was no other differences in my skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Rosy Cheeks is one of Lush's newer fresh face masks. It has a thick consistency and is a pink colour. The scent smells like roses, with a slightly herbal undertone. A little goes a long way with this mask, and I did not have to apply much in order to cover my face. You do need a thick layer on your face with this mask, a thin layer will not be effective. This mask did not dry out my face or cause any redness or irritation. However, I did not enjoy this product. It did not create any positive effects on my skin, no matter how often I used this mask, it did not make any noticeable difference. I also had to scrub quite hard to get the mask off as it left a residue on the skin. This is my least favourite lush fresh face mask and I would not recommend or repurchase.

I bought it because I liked the colour and I've had good experiences with other fresh masks. Unfortunately, I am not happy about it. It does nothing better to my skin, it feels dry and after using it I looked very pale and my blemishes were even more red. Also I don't like the smell, it is quite irritating. :/

I've realised recently I've developed mild rosacea - initially I thought the red bumps were acne, but acne treatments made them worse. Then I saw a pic of rosacea and bingo. This is one of the products that helps- it's super soothing, doesn't exfoliate (my skin hates manual exfoliation) and really calms the redness. I use a clean muslin cloth to remove with warm water, followed by lush imperialis moisturiser. For about 48hrs the rosacea is gone!

The Rosy Cheeks mask deeply cleans your skin without stripping out the moisture like a kaolin-based or mud mask. It's comparable to Love Lettuce, but better color (who doesn't love pink?) and smells like rose petals. It's also completely smooth, without any exfoliating granules included in the formulation. Many of lush's mask have some sort of exfoliating component in them, so exfoliate before masking if needed.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am relatively new to all lush skin care products . . . but I have been getting loads of them over summer 2016 and getting my hands on as many samples as I can. So naturally, one night when I was in the store just browsing I came across the fresh face masks. The SA I was talking to had it down between this one and BB Seaweed. I have really, really red cheeks and he recommended this one over BB Seaweed but said they'd both help with the colouring.

I asked for a sample of each so I could try them both and he said they don't give out fresh face mask samples (which turns out, they do . . . he just didn't!!) so I purchased this one on a whim. I am really glad I did though.

I purchased it along with a couple Dream Steam tabs, which I use first. I took it home and did the tab, steamed my face and then put this on for 10 - 15 minutes. The fact that it's coming out of the fridge feels AMAZING on your skin, and the smell!! OMG the smell of this stuff is amazing. It makes me so happy just thinking about smelling it, seriously. I have been doing this mask once a week with a steamer tab for a few weeks now. The day of doing it my skin is amazing and it kind of does fade after a few days. Like it gets rid of the redness but by Thursday/Friday you can slowly see it creeping back. I don't think this is a fault of the mask, just how my skin is.

The mask will kind of harden over the 10 - 15 minutes, which is normal for a mask. So when you wash it off I recommend getting a really hot (as hot as you can stand) washcloth and kind of letting it steam your face again, which helps to soften the mask so you aren't 'scrubbing' it off. This way it is removed from your face gently and the effects of the mask are better . . . but that's just my opinion and how I do it. I normally follow this up with a moisturizer - for me it's either Imperialis or Celestial, depends on how I'm feeling.

The packaging could be better for the price. I believe I paid $12.95CAD and I will likely get 3-ish masks out of each tub. It's recommended to lay this on thick - you shouldn't see any skin under the product . . . just slab it on. With that in mind I say I use about 1/3 of the tub during each mask I do so it will last me about 3 weeks at once/week. It is kind of pricey but for every 5 I do I get a free one . . . so it's not horrible in the end really for something that works for me.

Overall I definitely recommend using this. I just recently got a sample of the BB Seaweed mask so I'm going to probably try it out this weekend to see how it compares. So far this is one of my absolute favourite Lush products. I have very fair skin, but my cheeks are super red and I didn't have a reaction to this at all. This definitely clams down the redness of my cheeks without drying them out. It's just a great product overall.

I was in lush looking at the face masks, I couldnt decide between rosy cheeks and oatfix, the girl that worked there offered to test them on my hands to see which I liked best. One of my hands had a huge burn on it, Id had an accident with an iron a few days earlier, she put the rosy cheeks on my burnt hand, oat fix on the other then washed them off. I bought the oat fix because it left my skin so soft but shortly after leaving the shop my burn became very itchy and looked shiny, by the evening, when id gotten home it was looking loads better and very healed, by the next day my burn was all healed up, just a small scab and some redness. I went back to get a tub of it, gave some to my mother for her psoriasis last night and it seems like its helping it.