LUSH Rosy Cheeks

4.4

I've realised recently I've developed mild rosacea - initially I thought the red bumps were acne, but acne treatments made them worse. Then I saw a pic of rosacea and bingo. This is one of the products that helps- it's super soothing, doesn't exfoliate (my skin hates manual exfoliation) and really calms the redness. I use a clean muslin cloth to remove with warm water, followed by lush imperialis moisturiser. For about 48hrs the rosacea is gone!

The Rosy Cheeks mask deeply cleans your skin without stripping out the moisture like a kaolin-based or mud mask. It's comparable to Love Lettuce, but better color (who doesn't love pink?) and smells like rose petals. It's also completely smooth, without any exfoliating granules included in the formulation. Many of lush's mask have some sort of exfoliating component in them, so exfoliate before masking if needed.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am relatively new to all lush skin care products . . . but I have been getting loads of them over summer 2016 and getting my hands on as many samples as I can. So naturally, one night when I was in the store just browsing I came across the fresh face masks. The SA I was talking to had it down between this one and BB Seaweed. I have really, really red cheeks and he recommended this one over BB Seaweed but said they'd both help with the colouring.

I asked for a sample of each so I could try them both and he said they don't give out fresh face mask samples (which turns out, they do . . . he just didn't!!) so I purchased this one on a whim. I am really glad I did though.

I purchased it along with a couple Dream Steam tabs, which I use first. I took it home and did the tab, steamed my face and then put this on for 10 - 15 minutes. The fact that it's coming out of the fridge feels AMAZING on your skin, and the smell!! OMG the smell of this stuff is amazing. It makes me so happy just thinking about smelling it, seriously. I have been doing this mask once a week with a steamer tab for a few weeks now. The day of doing it my skin is amazing and it kind of does fade after a few days. Like it gets rid of the redness but by Thursday/Friday you can slowly see it creeping back. I don't think this is a fault of the mask, just how my skin is.

The mask will kind of harden over the 10 - 15 minutes, which is normal for a mask. So when you wash it off I recommend getting a really hot (as hot as you can stand) washcloth and kind of letting it steam your face again, which helps to soften the mask so you aren't 'scrubbing' it off. This way it is removed from your face gently and the effects of the mask are better . . . but that's just my opinion and how I do it. I normally follow this up with a moisturizer - for me it's either Imperialis or Celestial, depends on how I'm feeling.

The packaging could be better for the price. I believe I paid $12.95CAD and I will likely get 3-ish masks out of each tub. It's recommended to lay this on thick - you shouldn't see any skin under the product . . . just slab it on. With that in mind I say I use about 1/3 of the tub during each mask I do so it will last me about 3 weeks at once/week. It is kind of pricey but for every 5 I do I get a free one . . . so it's not horrible in the end really for something that works for me.

Overall I definitely recommend using this. I just recently got a sample of the BB Seaweed mask so I'm going to probably try it out this weekend to see how it compares. So far this is one of my absolute favourite Lush products. I have very fair skin, but my cheeks are super red and I didn't have a reaction to this at all. This definitely clams down the redness of my cheeks without drying them out. It's just a great product overall.

I was in lush looking at the face masks, I couldnt decide between rosy cheeks and oatfix, the girl that worked there offered to test them on my hands to see which I liked best. One of my hands had a huge burn on it, Id had an accident with an iron a few days earlier, she put the rosy cheeks on my burnt hand, oat fix on the other then washed them off. I bought the oat fix because it left my skin so soft but shortly after leaving the shop my burn became very itchy and looked shiny, by the evening, when id gotten home it was looking loads better and very healed, by the next day my burn was all healed up, just a small scab and some redness. I went back to get a tub of it, gave some to my mother for her psoriasis last night and it seems like its helping it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is an absolute treat of a mask.
The smell is wonderful. The rose aroma hits you when you open the tub.
As this is a fresh product I am using it at least three times a week.
It's wonderfully soothing to apply, straight from the fridge.
I apply it generously, and thickly.
It dries down quite slowly and I remove it with water soaked cotton wool pads.
My skin is left refreshed, smelling wonderful and for the time it is on my face I lie back and enjoy!

Rosy Cheeks is one of my Favorite LUSH masks. I have very dry skin. This mask wonderfully rosy in fragrance while calming on the skin. Due to the freshness of its ingredients, there is a short shelf life for this product but there is something pretty cool about taking my skin care products out of the refrigerator and taking them to the bath to use. I realised quickly how much better my skin felt after using such fresh ingredients. I give this product a 10 out of 10 as I love how my skin feels after I use this. It's fragrance is youthful yet mature while being sweet, feminine, floral, and sexy all at the same time. This mask really calms my skin and it has a scent that appeals to those that love the smell of roses, florals, and sweet fragrances. I love it and follow it with LUSH Ultrabland face wash and LUSH Full of Grace serum bar.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Selfie-worthy mask, I love it. It's smooth, pink, smells delicious, spreads like a dream and dries without flaking, so if you're not the type to rest during a treatment, don't worry about making a mess.

My skin type: oily dehydrated, sensitive, acne prone.

I didn't notice much hydration but it has great soothing and purging properties. Blemishes look less irritated and pores - clean and tight. I use it all over my face and décolletage, and mix it with sea salt and water for a pre-wash hair scrub. It also calms sunburns and insect bites very well.

It rinses off a little chalky, so a follow up with a toner is highly recommended. If you haven't tried Thayers Alcohol Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner, decanted in a spray bottle, it will make a nice neighbour your mask in the fridge. Rose essential oils stimulate hair growth, so you can spray that on your scalp as well.

I got this mask for free as part of LUSH container return motivation, and I would gladly purchase it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have dry and sensitive skin so this mask works really really well for me. I use it when I feel like my skin needs a little pampering but in no way is this a moisturizing mask. So good for sensitive types but you will need moisturizer afterwards for sure. I noticed my acne marks calmed down a lot after using this mask which is a HUGE plus for me because when my skin is dry and irritated it breaks out more often.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This review is for LUSH’s Rosy Cheeks face mask. It’s a vegan product that contains a blend of kaolin, calamine powder and rose oil. According to LUSH, this mask is supposed to delicately calm the skin, gently cleanse, nourish, mattify and tone. It’s also supposed to help with ‎Rosacea, soothe the face, and restore balance.

Before I dive into my review, I will briefly explain my skin tone. I have oily, sensitive, reactive prone and clog prone skin. My skin reacts badly to harsh products and tends to clog up when using moisture rich products. I also have some redness in my cheeks.

Upon opening this mask the most striking features were the colour and the smell. The mask is the same colour as calamine lotion (a very pretty, soft-pink colour), and it smells strongly of Turkish rose oil (somewhat reminiscent of Turkish rosewater delights).

The mask is thick and needs to be scooped out of the container. Although thick, it was not heavy and it spread easily over the skin and did not clump.

The mask was not messy at all. It dried in about 10-15 minutes (much like a clay mask would), and it did not feel uncomfortable. It didn’t feel tight and itchy on the skin like a clay mask would once it dries. It felt very pleasant on the skin from start to finish.

The mask washed off very easily. Even the bit that got into my hairline, brows, and edges of my nostrils rinsed off super easy.

My skin felt soft and matte after using the mask. My skin tone did look somewhat more even. There was no leftover film, and my skin stayed matt for most of the night.

I can’t attest to how well the mask cleaned my skin. It may have removed some dirt, but I didn’t notice that my skin looked any cleaner than it usually does.

The mattifying and balancing results didn’t really last. The very next day my skin was oily again and the redness in my cheeks had come back. Essentially, my skin looked the same as before. However, I will say that I experienced no reaction or breakouts from using this mask. It did not clog or irritate my skin in any way.

I got 4 uses out of the mask, although I could have probably stretched it to 5. Not sure whether there could be longer lasting benefits to the skin with prolonged use of this product (I used the mask 4 times over a 2 week period).

I think this is more of a pampering type mask to be used for relaxation and to invigorate your senses with the rose scent. I also think this mask is good for those who have sensitive, reactive skin prone skin, as it very, very gentle.

If you enjoy the smell of roses or rose oil, you are going to like this mask. The fragrance is strong. Conversely, if you are a person who experiences discomfort with respect to fragranced products or strong scents, this mask is probably not going to be for you.

Sometimes I suffer from headaches and occasionally even get migraines. That being said, I would NOT use this product if my head was aching because the smell is just that strong. If you are prone to headaches that are triggered or intensified by smells, then you should avoid using this mask.

Rosy Cheeks is more expensive than other LUSH fresh face masks (likely because of the rose ingredients). In Canada, the cost of this mask is $12.95, while other traditional LUSH fresh face masks go for about $7.95.

Also, it is a fresh face mask, so it needs to be refrigerated.

I won’t be repurchasing this mask. While it is very pleasant to use, I didn’t experience any real benefits to my skin by using it. It was very nice, but it didn’t really do anything.