It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara

It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara
Superhero Mascara

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't see what the fuss is about. I tried liking it, really did, but I couldn't get past the clumps. This stuff clumps pretty bad. It does lengthen, but it just made my lashes look awful and spidery. I ended up giving my tube to my mom, who also tried it and didn't like it. Now, I believe it sits in her vanity set, collecting dust. I will stick to Lancome Definicils and Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara. Both of those make my lashes look super long and free of clumps. Plus, the Covergirl one is less than $10! 😀

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is one of the best mascara brands I have ever used. I have long eyelashes already but very sensitive eyes and numerous allergies.This is water proof so easy to remove, does not dry out lashes, does not give you the "racoon" effect.I used Benefit They’re Real and was OK with it until it came time to remove my makeup. Terribly hard to remove and clumped on the lashes.I would constantly try other brands including Dior,Chantecaille's Longest Lash for $72 and cheaper verions like Maybelline Falsies but would never find anything better.For me beauty is Not about the cost but rather if something works for me. No matter if $1 or $100, your beauty has no price. One of my Law Clerks purchased me a full size tube along with herself one as a Xmas gift on her lunch break. I could Not apply it then since I had mascara on already. The next day I did and wow.Don’t let it dry between coats, just continue on with a second coat if needed. My eyelashes look like falsies in a good way. I have finished one tube and repurchasing this weekend.

on 2/26/2018 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received a free sample of this mascara, which is normally $24. Firstly, the tube is a good size for a sample and the applicator is easy to use. The product does have a strong chemical smell, which may bother some. The mascara looked nice on my lashes, but a single layer adds no volume. This mascara requires two layers and has quite a lot of volume then. Unfortunately, I have to curl my lashes and this mascara ruined the curl every time I tried to use it. While this mascara may work well for many, I absolutely cannot recommend it for anyone who has to curl their lashes. For this reason, and in combination with the price tag, I will not repurchase this mascara.

on 2/20/2018 1:19:00 PM

This is the best mascara I have ever used. My eyelashes are long but thin and unruly. They go in different directions and are difficult to control to get a nice look. Was using Benefit They’re Real and was OK with it until it came time to remove my makeup. Terribly hard to remove. I like other It Cosmetics that I’ve tried so decided to try Superhero Mascara. I love it! Don’t have to use an eyelash curler. I start at the base of my lashes and apply wiggling the brush up upwards, then apply again holding and pressing my lashes with the brush while sweeping upwards. Thick black formula, not clumpy, kind of like what hair mousse does for thin hair. Don’t let it dry between coats, just continue on with a second coat if needed. My eyelashes look full, long, almost like falsies. No flaking or smearing for me. No annoying fragrance. No itching or discomfort for my very dry eyes.You probably won’t care for this if you like a natural, barely-there look, but I love the drama! Used Diorshow many years ago. This mascara blows anything else out of the water. Will re-purchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like it. It gives my lashes a lift and oomph. It also doesn't irritate my eyes so that's a major plus.

on 2/12/2018 10:28:00 AM

I don't even have to use an eyelash curler with this stuff. It makes my lashes look thicker and longer, which is great for hooded eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This mascara does give a lot of volume and length to my short wimpy lashes. I don't find that it clumps, I store it upright. No issues with smudging. It does however flake terribly by the end of the day. I have specks of black everywhere on my cheeks and I don't even rub my eyes. If it weren't for that I would probably consider a repurchase.

No I do not recommend nor will I repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a free gift at Ulta. My lashes do need a bit of body added to them and this did the job. It made my lashes look very full. However, I would not repurchase it as there are other mascaras I enjoy more that are worth the price.

on 1/25/2018 1:49:00 PM

First, I did not pay for this mascara. I received an email from Ulta to print out a coupon for a free sample bottle. Without mascara, my eyelashes are long and I have a good amount on both top and bottom. I think this mascara may be for someone who needs thickness. It tends to be on the clumpy side and very thick. It's ok, but I am glad that I received it as a sample and did not spend my $$ on purchasing a full size.

on 1/4/2018 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This came in a sample form and then I bought the full size one. I had low expections as tend to be fussy on mascara and eye liner. It can irritate the eyes or smear. So I would throw it on for unimportant things as I was running out the door. It was fast to put on and stayed put. I had no problem with clumping. I have a mascara comb for clumping but don’t use it with this. (I usually use primer and a tubing mascara and comb out my lashes.). If I don’t want to go to all that trouble then I grab this one. I do have long lashes so it’s easy to get length for me. This adds volume and does not run. It also comes off easy at the end of the day. I thought it was a great product and easy. I got mine at Ulta on line.