It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara

It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara
Superhero Mascara

3.3

Aqua (Water, Eau), Cera Carnauba / Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Cyclopentasiloxane, Oryza Sativa Cera /Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Alcohol Denat., Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal Gum, Candelilla Cera / Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, VP / VA Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Biotin, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Biotinoyl Tripeptide - 1, Iron Oxide (CI 77499).

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

One of my favourite mascaras to date! I got a deluxe sample of this (basically the travel size) when I spent a bomb at Sephora, and I'm loving this!

The things I always look for in a mascara are lengthening and defining - and this exceeds expectations with it! The definition is insane, there's great separation and very little clumping, my lashes just look very fluttery and long. I don't wriggle the wand back and forth since I find this clumps up my lashes but I 'blink' onto the wand and brush it upwards. This also isn't one of those lengthening mascaras that make your lashes look wispy because of how it defines your lashes. The look is like you've got thin and long lashes but because there's so many of these individual lashes, it still looks dense. It also doesn't feel heavy or wet, it's easy to apply and doesn't take much time to get great results. That being said, it's more on the natural look side of the spectrum - if you're looking for drama or volume, this is definitely not the mascara for you.

I also love that it's not waterproof but lasts me all day with no smudging or flaking. I have pretty oily eyelids so that's impressive! It also makes eye makeup removal such a breeze.

However, water can easily remove this mascara. I sometimes have allergies so my eyes get itchy and teary, and I have to be careful with how I dab away at the tears in order to not smudge my mascara at the same time because it doesn't take much water.

Another negative I will say is that the travel size is not worth your money. I've used it for a month and a half and it's already finishing. I always buy high end mascaras in a travel size because there's no point buying the full size when I religiously throw them out after 4-5 months (as you should). Never had an issue before and they always have enough product to get me through that time. I can already tell this one will definitely not last me that long. This mascara is tiny and if I had bought this, I would feel a little ripped off.

We'll see how I feel about repurchasing this when I'm done with mascara, but in the mean time, I will enjoy using this very much!

This mascara was ok, it didn't clump and separated my lashes nicely but it didn't give any volume or thickness...

on 8/15/2018 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Received this as a free bday gift from a beauty store and unfortunately, I'm not impressed. I just applied it to my right eye and Too Faced Better Than Sex on my left. Looked in the mirror and no comparison. This mascara does not elongate or separate or do anything really. The BTS mascara on my left eye separates, lengthens and thickens so I would not buy the IT mascara after seeing this clear difference. Gonna toss it.

on 7/22/2018 5:37:00 PM

Aside from the fact that this mascara is just so-so and adds little lenght or volume, it did spider out my lashes.
The problemm arose when I took it off. One of the fibers slipped uner my upper eyelid and got stuck there for hours causing so much pain that I could think of nothing else except for the stabbing sensation. I laid down and held a reading light to my eye while lifitng the lid to have my husband look for the fiber. That did not work so instead l slid a folded papertowel back and forth between my eyeball and the lid. Be careful and close your eyes very tight when you remove this unimpressive mascara!
Needles to say, I will not be using this anymore. I will reach for my great Urban Decay Lash Perversion mascara and call it a day.

I have medium length flat lashes and this mascara gave a lot of volume to my lashes. I wouldn't describe it as a lengthening mascara and it's definitely not seperating. I find that it starts to flake as it gets older. I notice minimum smudging when I use more hydrating products on my undereyes (like Kiehl's Avocado Eye Cream or my BareSkin concealer). It's not a bad mascara but I wouldn't repurchase it because I enjoy more the Mad Lash Mascara by the Balm.

on 5/26/2018 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been trying the mini version of this from the Sephora Lashstash to Go collection. It's a pretty decent mascara, which gives very good length more than thickening I would say. It does smudge slightly under my eyes at the end of the day, as do many mascaras as I have watery eyes, although I only apply mascara to my upper lashes. Not sure I would repurchase given how many good mascaras there are at the drugstore these days for a lot less money.

Got the mini as a birthday gift at Ulta. Applied really wet, but nicely. Didn't love the drying time, but loved the results enough to spend $$ on the full size. Big mistake. With bigger brush (which bent super easily) came much more product, seriously wet and clumping galore. The clumps just smeared with my spoolie. Had to wipe off all eye makeup and start over one too many times, tossed it. Also, does not stay more than 2-3 hours. I need all day power. Reapplying at noon is not in my schedule.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Have to say, wasn't expecting much....got it as a sample, and was willing to try especially because this company does not test on animals. Well, I was MORE than pleasantly surprised! I have small deep set eyes, so huge brushes usually work best on my skimpy eyelashes....but this killed it! Brought out beautiful lashes I didn't even realize I had! Will definitely be keeping this in my stash, so I can give up my old favourite, which I LOVED, but they test on animals, (Make Up Forever, Smokey Extravagant Mascara) so I am on this!!!! It works as well, and better in my humble opinion! And SO happy I am not supporting cruelty to animals, which is THE bonus with the IT Cosmetics, Superhero, Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara.

on 5/21/2018 9:10:00 PM

I will never use another mascara again! I have tried so many different mascaras and spent so much money , from the super cheap to the super expensive. I used to use Lancôme flextencils and this was discontinued. The search for a mascara that would darken my lashes, lengthen but importantly not crumble under my eyes led me to superhero. It does everything and my eyelashes look HUGE. I am rapt. Will never need to try a different mascara again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to like this, but just didn’t. The brush is quite a bit longer than most mascaras, which made it a bit tricky to apply. But I could have accepted that if the formula worked. However, it applied wet and really liked to clump. I also found that it transferred to my upper lid, making my eyes look messy. Disappointed.