wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer: Reserve Your Cabana

No Image

I don't want to sound like a snob, but I am not a huge fan of Wet N Wild makeup. I wanted to try Reserve Your Cabana bronzer because of the reviews from a youtuber's opinion that I trust. Found this in the 5 Below store. I'm very fair & have never used a bronzer. Some have said this could be used as a highlighter. I dipped in with my large powder brush. I couldn't believe all the fallout!! Well, what should I expect for a $4.00 makeup? The good thing is I'm glad it wasn't too dark for my skintone. I may possibly use it as a setting powder. I'm not sure yet because I have to look @ the results in natural lighting.

on 11/17/2016 3:18:00 PM

This is currently my HG highlighter. I don't buy anything high-end so I'm not comparing it to more popular, expensive highlighters like Becca or CoverFX but in the drugstore this is definitely the best I've tried. I know it's in the bronzer line, and I've heard that very very pale individuals do use it as such, but it's really much too light for most of us to be considered a bronzer. It's the most affordable in the drugstore, with buildable color payoff. If you're looking for something blinding, this isn't it. It's a very natural finish, slight hint of shimmer, and great for an every day look - though you can definitely pack it on in layers for some intense highlight action. It comes in a HUGE pan. I've had mine for probably ~6 months now and I haven't hit pan yet, and I use it almost daily. I expect it to last me a full year, honestly. I love the smell, but you might not if you don't like fragrant products. It smells like straight up coconut. The packaging is definitely more flimsy but I haven't had any issues with it, and I've traveled with it with no breaking issues. The only thing that could be better is the texture, I guess. It's pretty powdery and I do get a little kickback when using a brush, but honestly for $4 I can look past it. Overall, I would definitely purchase it again and if WnW ever decides to make more highlighters in this same formula I would purchase them all. I haven't tried the Mega Glo (didn't get a chance to purchase them) but the geometric highlighters they came out with totally sucked. This one is AWESOME.

Its too light to be called a bronzer. I use it as a brow highlight since I'm a naturally medium skin tone. Powdery texture, especially when you dip your brush in it but it applies nicely no chunks and easily blendable. The Small specks of glitter gives it a nice subtle glow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like to use this a setting power for my under eye concealer and an all over setting powder. When I want to be more natural on the weekends I'll use it over a bit of BB cream. Brings a nice soft glow. Good for both quick or more complicated looks. Love!

on 1/27/2016 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I wouldn't say this is a 'bronzer'. I bought it to use as a highlighter and it works good for that. My only problems are:

1. If you want to use it on your eyes, be cautious that it has SPF in it. I tried using it as an eyeshadow once it made my eyes sting like they do when I put sunscreen over my eyes. (I have pretty sensitive eyes)

2. I heard a youtuber say that it has very finely milled powder and undetectable glitter. When you look into the pan and tilt it from side to side, you can see chunks of glitter. When you put this on your face and then go into sunlight, you're going to look like a disco ball. This is just my preference because I like smooth, satin-like highlighters that give you a nice glow without glitter.

3. THE PACKAGING IS HUGE! I mean they could of made it smaller. It's hard to fit into my make up bag for when I want to travel, it also has a rounded lid, making it easier to be smashed/cracked.