Physicians Formula Argan Wear Mascara

Physicians Formula Argan Wear Mascara

1.7

on 11/16/2018 3:17:00 PM

I was hoping to really love this mascara because of its conditioning benefits, but it’s not a product that worked for me.

First off is the wand that has a normal top, but circular bottom. It is an awkward shape and when I would put my mascara on toward the inner corners the ball part would basically make the lashes towards my outer lash clump. It’s something that can be worked around, but it’s more of a pointless inconvenience. I call the shape “genie bottle” because that is what it reminds me of!

Once applied my lashes were separated and lengthened. It wasn’t the most volumizing on my eyes, but it did an okay job and came out black. This is where it earned an extra star. However, by the end of the day I had some flaking and smudging (it has oil in it so on a hot day in Florida I wasn’t too surprised). I also think that if I had put this mascara on with heavier eye makeup, it may not have earned that extra star. In my opinion it works for natural looks, but not with heavy eyeliner, etc.

The fragrance is also opinion. Personally, I don’t mind it and it’s nice to know there is true argon oil in the product. However, it is strong where if smells bother you - you won’t like this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly I have very little experience with Physicians Formula in general but I am slightly surprised by the poor reviews of this product. I found the colour to be very black (which I LOVE) and the brush is absolutely fantastic once you get the hang of it. Some people complained about the scent but it never bothered my eyes and I found it to be quite pleasant. I would consider this to be an "every day" mascara as I had higher expectations as far as volume and staying power is concerned. I had trouble keeping the stuff on my lower lashes (it wouldn't flake so much as it just receded off of the ends) and though it had great definition it just didn't have that "exotic" oomph that it had promised and that I had hoped for. All in all it is a good basic mascara and one I will keep in my stash.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love Physician's Formula, and I throw money at them, mainly because they're willing to put (and stand behind) a gluten-free label on their products, up to and including having a dermatologist on their PR staff. However, this is one of the worst mascaras I've ever used because the fragrance makes your eyes hurt. Argan oil smells bad--we get that; it's not an excuse to put nasty perfume in mascara. This is an unuseable mascara.

What I can recommend from PF: their stick and liners, concealers, and any of their lippes (gloss and/or the cute little lipstick/blush balls), which are all gluten-free and all quite wearable.

Awful. Barely any colour was deposited onto my lashes. I was applying this stuff for a good 15 minutes before getting any sort of result. The scent is horrific. Actually a bit frightening. Who wants to be applying something that smells so strongly to their eye area? The worst part about this product though, was that after about 4 hours of wear, my eyes became itchy and began burning.

Overall, a fail of a product. Sorry Physician's Formula...I generally like your products, but this one was definitely a miss.

on 2/20/2016 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

In my opinion, the fancy gold packaging is tacky as f*ck but I picked it up anyway because Sephora is always sold out of my preferred mascara (Josie Maran Black Oil) and I thought this might be a similar, cruelty-free, readily available option.

PF Argan Wear Mascara is by far the driest mascara formula I have ever encountered. It is also the only scented mascara that I have ever used and I suspect the fragrance may be the ingredient that irritates my eyes so much. The mascara smudges and flakes off if you rub your eyes.

It is workable if you apply a bit of your regular face oil to your lashes first (this counteracts the super dry formula a little bit) but I certainly would not repurchase. I am considering returning to the manufacturer or to my local Pharmaprix if possible.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Seriously "meh." The gold, exotic looking packaging doesn't make up for the lackluster performance of the product. The thought of glossy, black lashes was just too much for me to bear so I picked this up from its new display in one of my local chain drugstores. The color is called "Ultra Black" and that much it is. I hate the wand/applicator, it's kind of barbell looking but a little smaller at the tip end. I found the formula to smudge pretty easily, and I had to really work with it (and a lash comb) to get the look I wanted after application. I'll pass on this the next time I'm in the market for mascara.