Maybelline New York Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencil

Maybelline New York Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencil

2.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This eyeliner is far too creamy even after I have been keeping it in my refrigerator for many months and it makes it difficult to apply a thinner more natural looking line,and it smears easily even when first applying it.I didn't have a hard time sharpening it though but I prefer if it was an automatic twist up that doesn't need any sharpening.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased a Wal-Mart time for eyes kit that included this gel eyeliner. I love my Essence waterproof gel eyeliner and had high hopes for this product. This eyeliner is very soft which makes applying easy and difficult. Easy because quick and barely touch eye and you have lined eyes. Difficult because very hard to get precise lineand it rubbed off onto my upper eyelid. This also burns my eyes.

Pros: very black

Cons: not waterproof, not transfer proof and rubs off upper lid. Burns my eyes.

For the price, buy Essence. I would not recommend Maybelliene pencil products for eyes and brows. Save your money.

on 12/3/2017 7:22:00 PM

Wow what a great find at the drugstore! This eyeliner glides on smoothly, has good pigment, can be sharpened to a fine point, and lasts for about 12 hours on my oily/hooded eyelids. One lippie off because it can be too soft and therefore a little difficult to get a nice smooth line. I'd purchase it again but only if the L'Oreal 24 Hour Infallible Pencil Eyeliner wasn't on sale because L'Oreal's pencil is better.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this in two colors, Sleek Onyx and Smooth Charcoal. I regret both.

I don't think gel liners belong in pencil format. It is difficult to control and keep the end sharp. Every time I start to use it the end gets rounded and makes it difficult to control the width of the line (which means I would have to keep on sharpening it).

2/5 because the color looks nice, especially Smooth Charcoal. I am going to try gel liner with a brush instead.

I purchased this on a Saturday used it 3 times ...liked it but there is not enough of it....

on 3/27/2017 2:19:00 AM

Smudgeproof? No
Waterproof? No
24-hour wear? No

Purchasef this thinking it was a liquid liner in pen form, my bad, not the product's but this is absolute trash. You cannot make a cremy pencil and claim it is smudgeproof. They never go together. Don't buy this. Save your money, especially if you have oily lids or mono/hooded lids.

on 10/26/2016 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this when it first came out and it was around $8... It is NOT worth that kind of money! It is hard to sharpen, as others have said. I use on my top line for a winged look, it is not pigmented over eye-shadow. It goes on smooth over the lid but pulls while making the wing tip. This might be good for bottom lashes or waterline but I haven't tried because I'm not much into lined eyes any more. I would say to pass on this. Use regular gel liner instead on this pencil form.

I'm perplexed by the bad reviews for this. I found it to go on smooth, precise and pigmented. It did not smudge, bleed, or move around throughout the day. The color is rich and beautiful. Not sure what more you need or want in an eyeliner. I just bought it so I can't speak to resharpening process.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I agree with most of the other reviewers so far: this eyeliner does not last (absolutley notq waterproof!) and is near impossible to sharpen. I bought mine in the shade Glazed Toffee, and while the colour is very appealing and the soft and cremey texture glides on easily, it also smudges all over the place (both immediately and after quite some time- whatever is left of it). I generally don't have oily skin around my eyes (I don't need to use eyecolour primer, for ex.), but I do have very watery and faitly sensitive eyes. Clearly, I was drawn to this liner by its claims of being waterproof, so I feel very let down by this product. Apart from the staying power, the sharpening of this liner is absurd. It is slightly larger than what fits in many standard size small sharpeners, so... Frustrating. If you do manage to sharpen it, it becomes like a weapon: very jagged and eneven sharp edges... Not what I want to take to my eye! Today, I managed to begin sharpening it and it just would not sharpen any further, although it is only about 1/2 used. Total fail when they are so many other options as readily available. I would never purchase this one again.

on 7/18/2016 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I thought I would love this. I wanted to love this. Instead, I agree with some other reviews....while I find it (I got the blackest black...Onyx I think) VERY pigmented and it applies quite easily, I also think it sharpens in a very wonky way. The tip never gets sharp and pointed and overall looked uneven. I tried with both my MUFE and NYX sharpeners. The other negative for me is this doesn't last as a waterproof liner (or overall) very well, at least on me. My NYX glide on waterproof liners can run circles around this. I would not repurchase.