NYX Lip Lingerie

NYX Lip Lingerie

3.3

on 7/17/2017 11:17:00 AM

I have the color Dusk to Dawn and at first I thought it would be too light on me... it turned out to perfectly cover my natural lip color without washing out my face face away.

It is very matte and very drying. I believe with darker shades this could turn into the infamous "butthole-lip-effect" kind of situation. However, you have to carefully lay the product on the lip, no rushing and no re-applying over and over again when everything is still wet as the product will build up and will make everything very gloppy and patchy. Once it is dried down it will stay put throughout the day, maybe a small touch up after lunch and it can be re-applied on top with no problem. Very hard to take off!!! I use micellar water and have to rub quite aggressively. It doesn't smear like normal lipsticks but rather breaks down into small flakes.

The wand is not the greatest thing ever, it will form chunks on top of it, but again it is rather inexpensive. Overall it is a good product if you can find the right shades that suits your skin tone. It is super matte and it will pick up every lines and wrinkles on the lips.

I've been using mine regularly and so far I like it. I have friends that cannot tolerate the dryness.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not Happy with Nyx Lip Lingerie. I love Nyx & usually always Purchase from Ulta, Target, and recentlyPurchased several times from their website. Sadly I purchased the Perfect Nude"Push Up" Lip lingerie Liquid Lipstick from NYX website and Product came empty. There was Product on the brush & in able to wear, but if you look inside the tube there is very little to no Product Inside. Fortunately the other colors I Purchased were normal and had Product inside but this came empty. I don't h understand since item was sealed. I contact Nyx and since it was over 1.5 months they could not help me or resend Product. If they only seen my Nyx collection or how much Products I own from then. I think as a courtesy they should have sent me a product. I just have so much other makeup I didn't get around to this one on time to return.
Review overall. All the Lipsticks are inconsistent. Some matte, some sticky, some long wearing. All I can say is Push up is the perfect Nude, but won't Repurchase Nyx Products anymore due to Customer Service Policies, and not worth Purchasing Products with no contents inside.
Otherwise Fave colors are Bedtime Flirt, Ruffle Trim, and Push Up.

on 7/8/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I own this in Exotic and with all the matte lippies in the market, this is still my go-to. It's a great color that can be worn day or night, one coat for day, and layer on when you go out after work.

on 7/7/2017 5:27:00 PM

I was super excited when NYX came out with this line, because I had been wanting to try a good liquid matte lipstick. I was a little disappointed with the result however. The colors are nice, however it is in the application where you may run into a problem. I found that if I didn't clean off my applicator that it could have "chunks" of product stuck to it. And unless you only put on a single light layer it has a tendency to crack in places. I will say that it does last a long time, but with that said it can be almost impossible to get off even with makeup remover. I am not sure if I would buy this product again.

on 7/2/2017 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I bought the shade Embellishment, because of the uniqueness of the colour. It is purplish grey on me and one coat was enough, although I always try to have at least two coats just in case. It goes on smooth and not very streaky, so I didn't have a problem with it.

The lasting power is great, it lasted me over six hours, even though I ate a whole meal and ice cream, the colour didn't fade much and the fading wasn't noticeable. Although, it has many pros, it is quite drying, especially compared to some other liquid lipsticks I have tried. The dryness doesn't bother me much, but it might be important to know.

on 6/30/2017 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing

on 6/30/2017 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Unlike other NYX lip products this is a pass. Had the shade "honeymoon": The formula is very greasy, it never really settled on the lips and it felt really heavy. Would not buy again. I like the packaging though, it's pretty, but that's no good, is it.

I own these in Embellishment and French Maid. Embellishment pulls grayish mauve on me, and it's really pretty. French Maid is the best MLBB for me that I've found in a liquid lipstick.

Here are my thoughts beyond the colors themselves:
+ The formula is not streaky, at least for the two colors I have.
+ These are pretty comfortable for the first three hours or so.
+ Reapplication is smooth after eating.
+ They wear away evenly throughout my day.

- After about three hours I need some lip balm or gloss, unless I just reapply.
- This is really hard to clean off of my lips.
- While these aren't streaky, they're sheer enough that I need two coats for full effect.

Overall, these aren't bad at all. I would repurchase French Maid since the color is spectacular on me.

I bought the color embellishment and while the color itself is nice (a deeper neutral/cool dark beigey slightly mauve color)...I HATE this formula. I had the lipstick on not even 5 mins and couldnt stand it any longer. These are sooooooooooo dry and uncomfortable! This will be going back to the store for sure!

on 6/27/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Mehh, definitely not my favourite. I got it in the shade Bedtime Flirt which looks just average on my olive skin. I was going to get Exotic too which would've been a better option but they were out of stock. The formula is HORRIBLE. This dries out my lips so badly even with proper exfoliation and moisturising. I'll remain a Colourpop girl