NYX Lip Lingerie

NYX Lip Lingerie

3.3

on 9/14/2017 9:03:00 AM

This is an ok liquid lipstick. Not the best, but definitely not the worst either. I have the shades 'Corset' and 'Cashmere Silk', which are pretty similar, 'Corset' being a cool toned taupey nude and 'Cashmere Silk' a bit more warm toned brownish nude. They apply smoothly and easly, the consistency being quite liquidy. They are slightly sticky when dry, but nothing too bad. I don't know if they are too drying on the lips, because I always wear lip balm underneath, but they kinda have a tendency to emphasize the lines on the lips. They last a good amount of time, when I eat it only comes a bit off on the middle of the lips. Overall it's a pretty good liquid lipstick, the shade range is nice, I think everyone can find a nude that would suit them.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is near perfect if you consider Price-Value. It's not actually perfect, but for that cost - it doesn't need to be.

Positives:
The formula. I adore it. Creamy, moussey, highly pigmented, very matte. It feels so good on the lips! I really can't say enough good things about it.
Lasting power. It does survive eating, drinking, and for quite a few hours too. It's not the longest wearing lipstick you can find, but you don't have to carry it around to reapply. I put it on in the morning for work, and take it off after it wears off about 7 to 10 hours later.
The colors. So unique and beautiful. They are quite similar, so it's not a huge range, but they're really muted and wearable.
The packaging. It's sleek and cute, very nice for this price.

Negatives:
The applicator. It's too long and oddly shaped and I honestly have hard time applying but you get used to it, I guess.
Butthole lip. Not a problem for the lighter shades, but for Honeymoon or Teddy, it's not great. The lipstick wears off on the inner part (the waterline).

Overall, I will be repurchasing endlessly, I can already tell.

So far I just have the shade Teddy and I love it! They feel so smooth and creamy and dry down matte. They do not transfer and are super pigmented. I will definitely try out the other lip colors, definitely recommend them

on 8/10/2017 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have the shades Teddy and French Maid so far.

Before applying these I always put on chapstick first so in my experience they are not too drying. I think this product is easy to layer within the first application and the pigment is good. Sometimes I apply a light nude gloss or pink gloss on top depending on which color I wear.

When reapplying during the day this product is somewhat uncomfortable. Once it does dry down its not easy to touch up because it drags on top of what is already there and it can feel sticky . Once I have lunch my best bet is to just wipe this off put on chapstick again and start over. To me it’s not a big deal but not everyone has the time to do that or might prefer something more long wearing. There are a couple more colors I would like to try in this range.

on 9/13/2017 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The NYX Lip Lingerie range is one of my favourite liquid lipstick formulas, but there a few things keeping me from rating it a 5. I have the shades Push Up, Bedtime Flirt, Embellishment, Corset and Satin Ribbon and I have definitely noticed some inconsistencies in the formula across the different shades. I find that while some are very pigmented on application, others are quite washed out and need a good amount of work and layering to get an even colour, which can tend to cause cakeyness. I found that there were also inconsistencies in the smell - some had a sweet candy smell while some had a very strong chemical scent - which naturally was quite off-putting.

Aside from this though, for such a low price this formula is amazing. It lasts all day long and is easy to retouch on the go if need be. The shade range is incredible and certainly has something for everyone. I've never seen such a variety of nude shades, especially in liquid lipsticks, in the drugstore. Though, one final drawback is that after a while these can be super drying, which is quite uncomfortable but can also leave a noticeable flaky texture on the lips. That being said, I still continue to wear and repurchase shades from this range, as they perform just as well as a lot of more expensive brands.

on 9/14/2017 4:39:00 AM

I love the color selection and the coverage is pretty good I'm just not a huge fan of the formula overall.

Only about half of the colors worked for me; I couldn't wear anything too pale of too dark, but I purchased all the colors that I liked at Ulta while they had their buy 1 get 1 50% off sale. Having testers available was a real help, because I wasn't sure about these. The formula is really great and has excellent staying power. Most of the colors are neutral enough to suit any skin tone and can be coordinated with any eye colors. One of my favorite bargain products.

on 8/3/2017 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love the color payoff and the longevity of this lip cream, but I don't like the patchiness that comes when I wear this. I also hate the fact that its sticky and looks crunchy if I add another layer. Though, I still give points for the classy packaging that they design

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not Happy with Nyx Lip Lingerie. I love Nyx & usually always Purchase from Ulta, Target, and recentlyPurchased several times from their website. Sadly I purchased the Perfect Nude"Push Up" Lip lingerie Liquid Lipstick from NYX website and Product came empty. There was Product on the brush & in able to wear, but if you look inside the tube there is very little to no Product Inside. Fortunately the other colors I Purchased were normal and had Product inside but this came empty. I don't h understand since item was sealed. I contact Nyx and since it was over 1.5 months they could not help me or resend Product. If they only seen my Nyx collection or how much Products I own from then. I think as a courtesy they should have sent me a product. I just have so much other makeup I didn't get around to this one on time to return.
Review overall. All the Lipsticks are inconsistent. Some matte, some sticky, some long wearing. All I can say is Push up is the perfect Nude, but won't Repurchase Nyx Products anymore due to Customer Service Policies, and not worth Purchasing Products with no contents inside.
Otherwise Fave colors are Bedtime Flirt, Ruffle Trim, and Push Up.

on 7/17/2017 11:17:00 AM

I have the color Dusk to Dawn and at first I thought it would be too light on me... it turned out to perfectly cover my natural lip color without washing out my face face away.

It is very matte and very drying. I believe with darker shades this could turn into the infamous "butthole-lip-effect" kind of situation. However, you have to carefully lay the product on the lip, no rushing and no re-applying over and over again when everything is still wet as the product will build up and will make everything very gloppy and patchy. Once it is dried down it will stay put throughout the day, maybe a small touch up after lunch and it can be re-applied on top with no problem. Very hard to take off!!! I use micellar water and have to rub quite aggressively. It doesn't smear like normal lipsticks but rather breaks down into small flakes.

The wand is not the greatest thing ever, it will form chunks on top of it, but again it is rather inexpensive. Overall it is a good product if you can find the right shades that suits your skin tone. It is super matte and it will pick up every lines and wrinkles on the lips.

I've been using mine regularly and so far I like it. I have friends that cannot tolerate the dryness.