NYX Lip Lingerie

NYX Lip Lingerie

3.3

on 2/20/2018 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received the Lip Lingerie in the shade Exotic. The cost for a tube is normally $7, but I received it for free as part of a Black Friday shopping promotion. Although it is a very cheap product, I can honestly say that I am glad I did not spend my own money on it. This liquid lipstick is a cream that dries down, but does not seem to quite fill in all of the space on the lips. It is not fully transfer proof on hands or on a drinking glass and it does not hold up at all against food. It also is weak against water. The applicator is also an odd shape and at an odd angle. While not everyone likes the typical doe foot applicator on most liquid lipsticks, the Lip Lingerie applicator will be more difficult for people to use. Although the product is cheap and the color is pretty, I would not repurchase this or recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this in Exotic, which can look either like a brownish burgundy or a burgundy plum, depending on your lip color and skin tone. It's a beautiful color, is affordable and cruelty free, has a fantastic wand and is highly pigmented.

The problem is that it makes my lips stick together like glue. O_O I literally have to wait for them to peel apart when I open my mouth.

So uh...no.

I tried putting Nyx's Liquid Suede Tea & Cookies on top of it since it's a different formula, but that doesn't work very well. Bummer, but at least their other products are great.

Since they're bunny savers by being cruelty free, they get 3 stars. Otherwise it would be 1 star for this product.

on 2/13/2018 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought and returned Ruffle Trim and Bedtime Flirt. Both formulas are very drying - my mother noticed how dry my lips looked, and she never notices things about makeup - and as a result, they accentuate lip lines. Wear time is fine, it just looks bad.
As for color, neither of them really works on my light-medium (NC25 level) warm olive skin tone: Bedtime Flirt was described by the same makeup-blind parent as “sort of undertaker purple?”, and Ruffle Trim is brighter and more orangey than I’d like, while somehow also taking on a greyish-purple cast in some lights.

on 2/9/2018 12:31:00 PM

I have this lipstick in shade scandalous, a really cool grey that somehow shows up slightly brownish on my lips. Ive only worn it a couple times and I feel like there is both pros and cons to this. Pros: It's not nearly as dry as I was expecting it to be (from reading online reviews), really, Im a picky person when it comes to lips feeling dry and to me this doesnt feel like it dries out my lips at all, it almost feels like im not wearing anything cause its so thin. t' completely tranfser proof and dries down sooo much quicker than the liquid suede. Cons: Its very thing so the coverage isnt as high as the liquid suede, it also accentuates lines more, so make sure to have well moisturized lips. Also, the formula is a bit thick, if that makes sense cause it does apply very thin, but the formula just somehow makes it hard to get out of the packaging, and so the applicator never holds enough product. It is also extremely difficut to apply, at least to me, that could be due to the applicator though.

on 1/16/2018 4:25:00 PM

Formulas really long lasting not a huge fan of the applicator it’s a straight wand w/o a slant, which makes it hard to apply with. Overall good product, exotic is the only colour I can wear though

I am in love with matte lipsticks, but I also believe that you get what you pay for. I didn't buy this, a friend of mine gifted it to me. I have the colour Embellishment. Looks pretty in the jar, mauvy pink. It is of a thick and slippery consistency so it is very difficult and time consuming to apply. What's more, it never really dried completely and kept tugging on my lips. I found the applicator big and it took huge amounts out of the bottle, but maybe I'm just used to other kinds of applicators. When I finally built the lipstick on my lips and it started to dry, it transformed into a greyish mauve I didn't appreciate on me - I'm not really fond of grey lips. I'm definitely giving this away.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in 12 shades and I honestly almost wish I had it in none. To be fair, I'm pretty pale, but by no means am I so pale that I can't appreciate a good nude or some rich color on my lips. But in a full year of owning these, I've worn only one shade out of the house, Exotic, a gorgeous brick berry. Bedtime Flirt is an almost exact dupe for ColourPop's Knotty.

Matte lips are one thing, but these are so dry, kinda tight feeling, and if you dare to touch up, they get weirdly crumbly. They have a similar 'moussey' feel as Colourpop mattes but dry down less solid, if that makes sense. I can still feel slippage on the "thicker" shades an hour later.

But for me the biggest drawback is color. Every shade seems to be a very similar base, with very similar undertones and just a bit of different pigment mixed in. I was determined to find one usable shade but while there is a big range, they all pull noticeably brown/grey on me. When swatched next to each other they look too similar, and while nude can have 1000 iterations, I don't want 12 all with the same undertones. I know NYX released a handful of new shades I haven't checked yet, but if they are the same as this, it's a pass.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

After Kylie's liquid matte lipstick took the internet by storm, I started exploring different liquid mattes too. I came across this at a drugstore in Dubai and the price is extremely affordable. I have the shades- Bedtime Flirt, Cabaret Show, Embellishment, Seduction and Teddy. The color intensity is ace but if you have dry lips, then its probably better to stay way from them because they are extremely matte.However, if you apply lip balm first and then use the lipstick, it sets beautifully and lasts really long.

I think this liquid lipstick is ok ,but nothing amazing. The applicator is pretty flat and hard. The formula is longlasting and matt tho. I also love the shade range (i have the color: bedtime flirt) because I think everyone is able to find a color that looks good on them. The price is a little bit overpriced.

I had wanted some of this lipsticks forever so I finally broke down and spent the $7 on it, which to me is expensive for a drug store brand lipstick, but I had saw it on videos and the makeup artist always made it look beautiful.. But I couldn't. I got this in the color Embellishment , a beautiful pink/brown/purple color. I first lined my lips and then applied one coat of the lipstick and it didn't look too bad but obviously needed another coat, so I applied another coat and it looked awful, it was patchy and if I tried to fix the patchiness it made it even ore patchy there was no wining with it. But I left it on because I loved the color, I then ate a sandwich and the lipstick stayed on fairly decent, but I decided to take it off because my lips were begging me for some chapstick. This is one of the most drying lipsticks I have ever used.. Also it is insanely hard to get off, which is good if you like the product but I didn't. Maybe the lipstick would be better with a coat of gloss on top and several coats of chapstick underneath.

Popular Lipsticks