NYX Lip Lingerie

3.3

on 11/14/2017 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love nude liquid lipsticks, which is why I was excited to buy these but they dry weirdly and don't last very long. They're patchy and goopy. I own the shade "Bedtime Flirt" and after only a few applications the product in the tube is dried up.

NYX, you did it! Thank you for this excellent product and shade selection. Everybody will find a shade which suits them well, and if you're not into nude, get "Exotic" (a beautiful nudish exotic red). Please have a look at swatches, Google and YouTube have plenty of them. The packaging reminds me of the Kylie Jenner Liquid Lipsticks but without some features. The doe foot applicator is the only bad thing about this product. I like to apply it with another tool, this applicator puts too much product on your lips and the result will be sticky. You're best if you use your brush or fingers to blend or take away any excess. The formula feels like a slippery mousse but turns matte quite quickly (but not as fast as the Colourpop Liquid Lipsticks). It will stay on your lips for a couple of hours (without eating or drinking). Beware oily or greasy food. Always check your lips after eating. Drinking ain't a problem for this baby. The shades become darker as they dry. Either trust a good swatch or try it in stores. I truly love so many shades (even the dark ones) that I can't decide what to wear when I want to chose a color. I'd be pleased if NYX keep this product for many years as I will keep repurchasing it. The price is good, the formula is right (not too dry, not too moisturizing which is good for long lasting lipstick) and the shade is excellent for a nude liquid lipstick (24 shades!).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These are transfer resistant. The colors are gray nudes. The color doesn't last for more than a couple hours. The applicator is a weird shape. I have 2 colors, and I don't wear them much. Once again, I have spent too much time on social media.

on 10/3/2017 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

its like a love hate relationship with these lippies. i love the color. i love the texture. but i hate the wear time and the feeling on my lips. it flakes off on my lips and its super dry. but the colors r just stunning. no nude is better than the nudes in this line.

on 10/2/2017 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Literally the worst liquid lipstick. It dried horribly the moment i was applying it, and was instantly uncomfortable. The color on my lips did not match the one in the bottle at all. After a month tho whole thing dried up inside the bottle so it was impossible to put on.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

These lipsticks are just okay. I have only tried one color, but that one color has kind of prevented me from buying other colors. I use this lipstick every here and there but the reason I don't like it is it's very drying and after like an hour of wear it starts cracking and flaking. When you first put it on it feels nice, it's creamy, dries pretty fast, and it looks overall looks really nice! It's just the drying effect intensifies with time and that's what makes me want to stay away! The packaging is really cute though, I guess If there were no other lipsticks around maybe I'd buy this again but it's not really a first choice in my opinion.

on 10/1/2017 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not bad for the price if you really like liquid mattes. I purchased the color "Babydoll". Good for those days where I want my lips to not be the focus as this is a good nude tone for fair skin. Glides on smoothly, but dries very, very fast into a matte finish. Lasting power pretty decent, but definitely starts wearing off if you start eating or drinking a hot beverage. I will say that your lips need to be in good condition to wear this matte. I live in a cold climate and sometimes end up with chapped lips and this is the kind of stuff that will only accentuate any flakiness or dryness on your lips, so exfoliate or go for something creamy and less matte and save this for the spring/summer months.

on 9/28/2017 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Exotic and Bedtime Flirt.. Two very different shades. My lips are naturally quite red, so Exotic is what I wear when I want them to pop a bit. Bedtime Flirt is when I want to be a bit more bland and not have my lips noticed from Mars.

I hated this product at first because, with the Exotic shade, I felt like I looked like a clown. It goes on quite thick and dries pretty quickly. If you've made a mistake you don't have much time to clear it up. When this dries, it stays put for a while. I love that about this at work, where I don't have time to be reapplying every hour.

For me, I found a light blotting immediately after applying really helped. It toned down the clown look, reduced the cakey feeling I was hating and because the product is so thick and pigmented, it didn't lose the color pop I was seeking. The dry cracking feeling was gone too.

Like I said though, blot quickly. This dries fast and it is not coming off without some effort.

on 10/2/2017 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I bought this in the shade Teddy. I tried it on and hated it, so I threw it out. It looked like cool toned caca on my lips. It was so bad. And then, on top of that, it made my lips feel stiff. It dried so fast, so there was some layering, and just felt so uncomfortable. I don't have this problem with any other liquid lipsticks. Not with the BH Cosmetics, Wet n Wild, or the Maybelline liquid lipsticks. Heck, even the NYX Liquid Suedes and Soft Matte Lip Creams are better than this. There are so many liquid lipsticks in the same price range that are good quality and worth the money, therefore I would not recommend this at all.

on 10/2/2017 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have many of these colors from back in my “new to make up” period, although application is easy, I find it becomes quite dry on the lips, also, although it’s strange, I find the color in the tube compared to swatches or the way it wears, in very undependable, the colors are not quite the same on, which is how I came to own so many, which were thrown out after holding on to them for some time. I wouldn’t buy these again, if splurge on a more high end option.