Etude House BIG COVER Concealer BB

Etude House BIG COVER Concealer BB

4.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Niacinamide, Sodium Chloride, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aronia Arbutifolia Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Beeswax, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Triethyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Fragrance

on 10/3/2017 1:17:00 AM

I recently discovered that I had two sample sachets of this product that I received free with a purchase in 2016. Price and packaging are 5 stars because there was no N/A option.

I decided to use up one sachet on a day when I didn't have time to do my makeup properly, but I wanted full sun protection (which this does very well, as it is SPF50+).

The shade I had was beige, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well the pale, almost peachy/orange tone evened out the red patches on my slightly yellow-toned skin. (My face is darker than my neck, which is very pale.) I think this was a better colour match for me than the orange Skin79 bb cream, which is pale enough, but looks a bit yellow.

The coverage was great, medium to full, and went on very smoothly, even though I hadn't even moisturised beforehand. It was unaffected by swimming in a pool and putting my face underwater. I washed it off after only about 6 hours, but I probably could have left it on longer and it would have looked fine.

I am thinking of buying a full-size bottle of this if the price is right!

HOLY GRAIL. By far the best foundation I've ever used.

on 10/23/2016 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Shade range: great for those of us with yellow / olive undertones

I'm pale and I have a yellow / olive undertone, so 'Vanilla' is a perfect match for me. There are only 3 shades in the range and they all sweem very yellow, so if you're cool or neutral you may not find your match.
Oxidization: None experienced, which was a pleasant surprise because many base products oxidise on me.

Packaging: The 'big tip' applicator is a like a giant version of a doe foot applicator you see in concealers. I personally like it because it allows me to be super quick with my application in the morning, to be precise and apply the product only where I want to or to use it instead of a concealer. The downside is that the application is not the most hygenic, but I'm happy to report there are no breakeouts so far (and I'm very acne prone).

Consistency: Thick liquid that spreads and blends easily. It gives you enough blending time while setting fairly quickly. Very easy to work with.

Coverage: Good medium leaning towards full. A little goes a long way. Good enough for under eye concealing or to cover any dark spots. In places I use this as a foundation I just spread it out really well or buff it in.

Finish: Neither dewy nor matte. Looks very natural, demi-matte when powdered. It glides over my dry patches without accentuating them. I would still advise to moisturise really well, because it can look cakey on any seriously dehydrated skin (just like any makeup). I enjoy that it does not feel heavy despite the coverage and that it wears really comfortably like a BB should.

Oil control: So-so. Blotting throughout the day will be required for oily skins.

Longevity: Pretty good, even on my oily T-zone. It tends to last on me between 6 - 8 hours which, considering it's a BB, is not bad. Setting with powder will be required if you're oily and you want it to last. It disappears from the areas where I'm the oiliest first, but it can be fixed pretty eaisly.

Overall, a pretty good product especially for how much coverage you get for the price.

on 9/16/2016 12:10:00 AM

my very dry skin loves this more than anything I have ever tried AMAZING I TOP IT WITH STILA PORELESS PERFECTOR PUTTY

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pro: high coverage, oil proof, not cakey, not expensive, SPF 50
Cons: very very limited shades, can be drying, takes a while to set

I thanked the Lord or Etude or whoever invented this thing. Korean BB creams are sure raising up the bar. This is all i need in one bottle: concealer & BB cream + SPF 50. Boom.

I also praise my common sense to order this in shade sand (the darkest) since I got the sample in shade beige (the 2nd) and holy crap I'm a ghost. They only have 3 shades (vanilla, beige, sand) and I can barely imagine how do I look in vanilla. I'm NC20-25, and I used etude's cotton fit bb cream in W13, which is very slightly lighter than my real skin colour. And while the cotton fit bb cream oxidise to my real skin colour, this one just stays lighter all day long. I can make it work with bronzer, but I'm not a big fan of full on makeup.

What I love the most is other than the high coverage, it doesn't cake up so you don't have to worry about layering the product to achieve the full coverage. And it's not pricey at all. Kudos to Etude House! Definitely will buy this again!

P.S: In my opinion, this product is meant for people with oily skin and acne problems/ scars. So, while I love this thing so much, I don't recommend this for people with dry skin, darker skin than NC30, and people with no blemishes or discolouration (I mean, why would you need full coverage base if you have nothing to cover)

Edit: I take 1 lippie off because this thing takes forever to set. And I find a way to make the lighter shade looks natural: by layering it with darker foundation. Funny because it doesn't work by mixing, but layering.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this BB cream but it is not my favorite, to be honest. When I apply this on my face, there's no problem first. But after 1 or 2 hours, BB cream slightly fades and gets a cakey look. I can solve this problem with applying not too much. And of course with moisturizing creams.

Except those, coverage is very good and I love the aplicator thingy. Just because of products coverage and smell, I can repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This BB cream is amazing!!!
It's a new product from the Korean brand "Etude House".
It has amazing coverage for a BB cream and that's the most important thing for me!
When I use it I feel like I use a foundation! And you can also use it as a concealer to cover problematic areas after the first layer or alone. It doesn't feel oily on my skin, and it has a nice satin finish I would say. The packaging is very pretty, classic, minimal, with an unusual but practical application "brush" that I've never seen in a similar product.
A huge plus for me is that it also has SPF50+ PA+++ which makes it ideal for the summer months but not so ideal for photographs, that's for sure. :P
I have the lightest shade, which is a little bit lighter than my skintone but I can work with it with some bronzer and blush. There are not too many shades, only 3 I believe, so that's a con, especially for those who have darker skin I believe.
It's also difficult for me to find it because we don't have Etude House in my country so if I would like to buy it again I would have to order it online.
The price is around $18, which I find is a little pricey and that's the only thing that makes me think if I would repurchase it after it will finish just because I'm a uni student and I try to buy more affordable makeup But all in all is a really nice product! It stays well for hours as well! Keep in mind that I always set my bb/foundation etc with powder cause I have oily skin. Anyway, I would surely suggest you to try it if you're able to spend the money cause it's one of the nicest BB creams out there!