Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

4.7

on 11/5/2017 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay, so I'm no pro at makeup and lowkey suck at blending, also, I don't own any expensive or amazing brushes either. I got this because of all the rave reviews and the first time I tried it I fell madly in love with it. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the very first time I used the shade called "Leader" it would not blend out for the life of me at all, it was just all this dark colour focused in on one spot. However, this only happened on one eye and it blended beautifully on the other eye. These colours are absolutely stunning when swatched and when applied to the eyes, the matte shades are phenomenal and blend like butter. These colours are quite powdery though, which I have no issue with but if you do then just keep that in mind. Another thing, every time I apply anything on my lid which had shimmer in it, my crease would sparkle as soon as I fully opened my eyes, but that never happened with this palette which I'm so thankful for. Overall, this is my new holy grail eyeshadow palette and I'd recommend it to everyone and anyone!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So one of my lovely friends brought this palette home for me from the US since you cant get it in Sweden and tarte's shipping is really expensive to EU sadly. This makes me kind of anxious on what do to if I ever finish it because lets just break it I love this palette!

I would say if you're new to makeup or have a smaller collection this would be a great "do it all" palette to start with! It has almost everything you would need in a palette as you get both neutral, warm and cool shadows. The colourselection is really good aswell, you got your dark smokey colours as well as lighter neutrals and more pinky/red tones as well.

It has 3 shimmer shadows (or as tarte calls them "luster shadows") and they are all really pretty (I think they would look really nice on a lot of skintones too), they aren't crazy pigmented (you can give them that extra "umph" with fix+ and/or a glitter glue if you like though) but nicely balanced and very forgiving if you mess up applying them therefor theyre again very begineer friendly.
The mattes are easy to blend and got just the right pigmentation, mind you though these are soft shadows so they do have a bit of a kick up when you go to put your brush in them but nothing I mind personally. They also smell like vanilla which was a pleasent suprise.
The only thing I'm missing in this palette is a classic warm toned brown, transition colour style. If it had that this would guranteed be my #1 travel buddy.

What more can I say, the packaging is stunning and feels sturdy/secure but its not in any way bulky which again is nice for travel. The price was about 430 sek which is about 47 dollars and i feel like its a fair price, theres more expensive stuff out there that isnt nearly as good quality as this!

on 2/17/2017 9:32:00 AM

This is a beautiful palette with beautiful shades. The texture is powdery and creamy at the same time. The colors are gorgeous, perfect for the office during the day and you can darken for wear at night. It's so versatile, that I find myself reaching for this palette. The shadows go on smooth and provide a beautiful finish. And everytime I open this palette, I smile. It just makes me happy!

on 2/5/2017 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful neutral eyeshadow palette. I see this working for many skintones and eye colors.

The color selection is very neutral with a cool toned row, a warm toned row and a rosy toned row.
I like that there only are 3 shimmers out of the 12 shades, as I use most mattes for my looks.

The pigmentation is great and consistent throughout the palette, with the exception of 'funny girl' which is a smidgen gritty and therefore takes some work to get even pigmentation. By no means is it bad quality, just not quite as fantastic as the other shades.

The shadows is soft and powdery (have quite an amount of kick-up), but is not chalky. They blend very easy, and with almost no effort.

All in all I love this palette for neutral eye looks. I always brings this on trips as it has quite a versatility to it, plus the packaging is beautiful and sturdy.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this pallet! I can use this and only this for a daily look or glamorous one. I have green eyes and cool toned medium skin.

I hummed. I hawed. I finally bought this. I took my damn sweet time getting on this bandwagon about this shadow palette. I've never bought any Tarte shadow palettes before, but after hearing rave reviews and seeing the colour selection, I knew this was a palette I had to buy..eventually. I actually, casually picked it up recently without any thought, but I'm very pleased it's mine now! The shades are all very beautiful, the texture is unbelievably buttery and soft. These absolutely, 100% blend like a freaking dream! They last all day (with a primer mind you) and, I can't forget to mention the packaging! The mirror size on the inside is pretty great too - makes it easy to see what you're doing if you're in between using a close up mirror and not a close up mirror. The outside makes it something I'm proud to display. I know some people have mentioned that the shade Funny Girl will not swatch for them or that it is a colour that is hard to work with - I haven't experienced this with my palette. It's a very pretty shimmer shade, which works great on the centre lid or inner corner. I have yet to test this out for an evening out look, but so far, I'm very happy with what it's done for me for my daytime work look. It's very easy to create wearable looks with this palette, as all the shades are very earthy and warm, and I do feel these will compliment an array of skin tones. Most are matte, with a few shimmer shades thrown in. I feel that for quick eye looks, many are great for all over the lid if you're running short on time but would like a lil sumthin' on the eye - a number of them are great for this. I paid $54 for this in Canada, and for the amount that you get and the quality of the shadows, well worth it! The slim palette also seems like it would be a great make up product to have for travelling as the compact is a good size and not bulky, along with the selection of shades. 10/10 would buy again if I hit pan on every single shade or if I lost it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials