Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

TARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In Bloom

4.2

on 10/17/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

THIS IS SUCH A GORGEOUS PALETTE.

First of all, the packaging is a work of art; a gorgeous gilded palette with a lovely floral cover and a good sized mirror. The shadows themselves - 9 mattes and 3 shimmers- are beautifully pigmented, blendable and smell divine too. I love the range of neutral/warm shades ranging from light to dark with hints of peach, bronze, aubergine and chestnut that would suit practically every skin tone in some way or another. It's a great palette for those who like more muted and wearable eye looks- perfect for both work and parties. It costs around £41 which is a bit steep for an eyeshadow palette but at least you get 12 shadows.

All the colours are easy to work with, blend like a dream and stay put all day without feathering or fading away. Of course, if you have oily lids like I do, I'd recommend an eyeshadow primer (I use a MAC paintpot: Soft Ochre) and the eyeshadow does not budge.

This has got to be one of my all time favourite palettes, it's aesthetically and practically a truly great palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So one of my lovely friends brought this palette home for me from the US since you cant get it in Sweden and tarte's shipping is really expensive to EU sadly. This makes me kind of anxious on what do to if I ever finish it because lets just break it I love this palette!

I would say if you're new to makeup or have a smaller collection this would be a great "do it all" palette to start with! It has almost everything you would need in a palette as you get both neutral, warm and cool shadows. The colourselection is really good aswell, you got your dark smokey colours as well as lighter neutrals and more pinky/red tones as well.

It has 3 shimmer shadows (or as tarte calls them "luster shadows") and they are all really pretty (I think they would look really nice on a lot of skintones too), they aren't crazy pigmented (you can give them that extra "umph" with fix+ and/or a glitter glue if you like though) but nicely balanced and very forgiving if you mess up applying them therefor theyre again very begineer friendly.
The mattes are easy to blend and got just the right pigmentation, mind you though these are soft shadows so they do have a bit of a kick up when you go to put your brush in them but nothing I mind personally. They also smell like vanilla which was a pleasent suprise.
The only thing I'm missing in this palette is a classic warm toned brown, transition colour style. If it had that this would guranteed be my #1 travel buddy.

What more can I say, the packaging is stunning and feels sturdy/secure but its not in any way bulky which again is nice for travel. The price was about 430 sek which is about 47 dollars and i feel like its a fair price, theres more expensive stuff out there that isnt nearly as good quality as this!

on 2/17/2017 9:32:00 AM

This is a beautiful palette with beautiful shades. The texture is powdery and creamy at the same time. The colors are gorgeous, perfect for the office during the day and you can darken for wear at night. It's so versatile, that I find myself reaching for this palette. The shadows go on smooth and provide a beautiful finish. And everytime I open this palette, I smile. It just makes me happy!

on 2/8/2017 10:38:00 PM

This palette is beautiful in terms of packaging and color selection. Another bonus is that it smells like vanilla. However, I think people are in denial about this product. They think because it looks so good that it is good. Smarty Pants, Sweetheart, and Rebel swatch nearly identical. Smokeshow and Activist are very similar but good for filling in eyebrows if you have dark hair. Leader is difficult to blend. All the colors all mold into one muddy mess. You really can only get 1 to 3 looks max out of this palette since all the colors look similar on the lids. I really wanted to love it because it is so beautiful but it performs terrible. It retails for $45 which is b.s. since the Anastasia Beverly Hill Modern Renaissance retails for slightly less and blows the tartelette out of the water.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this palette so much and I use it every day. Good pigmentation, blendable, good color choices.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Stunning packaging and the perfect palette of nudes with a few shimmers to turn any look into a full glam look. Super pigmented and the price is little higher than others but well worth it. If you want to see how the colours translate on a warm olive skin tone then feel free to have a look at my video

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The Tartelette in bloom is hands down my favorite palette. I have Naked1 and 2, Smashbox Full Exposure, and Too Faced palettes and the Tartelette is still the winner. I can make so many different looks with this and love the quality of the eyeshadow. The pigment and ease of application is great. The packaging is sturdy and functional as well as beautiful. I love the mattes and shimmers. Smells amazing. This is that one palette that I open and stare at for no reason. I also bought the Tartelette Tease as a supplement (it doesn't need a supplement, but the colors are just different enough to make it worth it) and it is on par with quality too.

The shadows blend easy. It was a great palette for a beginner. It has an array of transition and crease shades. It is the palette that requires the least thought and planning for me to put together a look.

Longevity update: today I ran for over an hour in the rain. My eyeshadow still looked the same as when I left the house. Can't say the same for my mascara. Just makes me love this palette more!

I bought this palette based on all the great reviews it received. It looked like it had it all. I was so excited to try it and when it finally arrived, I was sorely disappointed. The high price tag made it even harder to swallow. In the photos, the colours looked amazing, rich and varied. In reality, the browns are much colder than they appear and the shimmers are far from impressive. But the worst thing about this palette is the quality. When you dip your brush in shadows, they turn to dust. After application, there are flecks all over my face. They simply don't stay put. This is not what I expect from a $45 makeup palette. I've had drug store palettes, a fraction of the price, that have performed 100 percent better than this. I don't know where all the positive reviews are coming from, seriously! I rarely write reviews but I felt it my duty to give people a heads up before purchasing this item. Don't waste your money. If you want to invest, go for bigger more established brands. In my eyes (pardon the pun) this product is a pile of junk.

on 8/28/2016 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have quiet a few palettes and the Tartelette palettes hold a place of their own. What won me over is the fact that these eye-shadows stay on my oily lids even without a primer. I can even use these as a base and they hold my other shadows all day.

They are not as pigmented as Kat Von D's (I doubt any palette is) but they are second place for me, especially for the mattes.

The shadows are different, they are dryer and slightly powdery but on the eyelids they are pigmented and the colours stay true. I love the colours in this palette and my eye-shadow is on point with these on all day.

Fell in love with Tarte's Tartelette eye-shadows then checked out a blush and fell in love with that too, so am loving Tarte right now.

on 8/9/2016 9:41:00 AM

AHHHHH I LOVE THIS PALETTE.

I only really started getting suckered in to "higher" end make-up in the past few years so I probably have a fair bit of catching up to do compared to a lot of MAU users. I own 3 of the UD palettes (naked 2, naked smokey, and spectrum). So yes, this is my third neutrals type palette. The others have not seen the light of day since I got it.

I find that the way the colours are grouped up are extremely complimentary and makes it a dream to use - I'm usually half asleep when I am applying my makeup before work anyway so anything that makes it easier wins bonus points.

The shadows blend extremely well and hold tight to my greasy eyelids - lasts all day without any primer and no fall out.

I suppose the only thing that the naked palettes would have over this one is the fact that they come with a brush (although I've read some people saying the brushes are bad anyway? I don't mind them). It is lightly chocolate scented which is quite pleasant and adds to the overall enjoyable experience of using this palette. Packaging is sturdy and travels well.