Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

TARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In Bloom

4.3

on 10/31/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such an amazing palette! I love the combination of warm and cool tones; they work on a variety of skin tones. I can create dramatic and wearable/everyday looks. The shadows are pigmented and very blendable. Some shades do have a bit of fallout, but if you do your eye makeup before your foundation & concealer it shouldn’t be an issue.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an absolutely fantastic palette. I find all the mattes to work really well as transition shades and in the outer-v and each one has a distinct purpose for me. I find I can use this for everyday looks, for work, for going out, for special events - everything.

I love the shade firecracker, it's the perfect shimmer to create a smoky/monochromatic eye and then funny girl as a lid highlight. These stay on alll day and give so much warmth to the eye. The shade rocker is so underrated IMHO, it's a silvery-taupe satin/shimmer that wears really well as a subtle lid colour for work or daytime events.

If you're not sure about the formula or if you need all of these shades, check out the little tartelette tease palette. It's the same formula with similar shades and perfect for travel.

Can't even begin to describe how much I love this. I bought it from Tarte for 25% off but definitely think it's worth the full price. The colors are absolutely stunning and will look good on any skin tone. I was looking for a go-to neutral palette that I could wear everyday to work, and this is perfect. I've had it for a week and already have been playing around with different looks. It is so versatile with the 9 mattes and 3 shimmers. I can't wait to use it for more dramatic nighttime looks. I especially love the terracotta shades on the bottom row, as well as the three mattes in the second column. My absolute favorite is firecracker. It is a perfect coppery shimmer. All of these are super pigmented and easy to work with. I am totally in love. Would buy again without question.

on 2/8/2017 10:38:00 PM

This palette is beautiful in terms of packaging and color selection. Another bonus is that it smells like vanilla. However, I think people are in denial about this product. They think because it looks so good that it is good. Smarty Pants, Sweetheart, and Rebel swatch nearly identical. Smokeshow and Activist are very similar but good for filling in eyebrows if you have dark hair. Leader is difficult to blend. All the colors all mold into one muddy mess. You really can only get 1 to 3 looks max out of this palette since all the colors look similar on the lids. I really wanted to love it because it is so beautiful but it performs terrible. It retails for $45 which is b.s. since the Anastasia Beverly Hill Modern Renaissance retails for slightly less and blows the tartelette out of the water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Stunning packaging and the perfect palette of nudes with a few shimmers to turn any look into a full glam look. Super pigmented and the price is little higher than others but well worth it. If you want to see how the colours translate on a warm olive skin tone then feel free to have a look at my video

on 12/28/2016 3:24:00 AM

This is a very good pallet over all. there is a very wide range of colors and they are all super pigmented and the shimmer/ glitter colors in the pallet do show up very well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I got this palette to act as my all-in-one travel palette and it's pretty good but not great. I had debated between this and the chocolate bar (which I do not own) for a long time.
Overall the shades are amazing. They are useful and it has everything. That bottom row is stunning. I could wear just that every day. I love that it has a warm black brown and a cool black brown for setting liner. It has a great browbone shade for me. It has brow shades that the color could work even if the texture does not (I'll get to that later). The shimmery shades LOOK amazing and add interest (again, more on that later). I try really hard to only purchase palettes in which I like and use EVERY shadow (which is why I've never owned a Lorac pro, Too Faced, or a Kat Von D palette). Shade wise, this palette does that. I did a one month one palette with it and loved it at the end of the month. I will keep it. But...
The overall shadow quality is average which disappoints me. By average I mean it's not MAC or Urban Decay, but it's also a heck of a lot better than Morphe and any drugstore eyeshadow I've ever tried (except L'Oreal infallible as shimmers). It disappoints me because it keeps this palette from being the best ever and the only one I'd ever need. The mattes are dusty and skip sometimes but they are manageable. They are also very soft in application so it's hard to do anything precise with them, i.e. brows. For example, I use MAC cork for my brows all the time and get a nice sharp line; I can't get these shadows to do that. My brows always look a bit caterpillar-esk. The shimmers are all disappointing for different reasons. Funny girl has a very very glittery texture with minimal color in its base. Rocket is one of the reasons I got this but the color on the lid is nothing like it swatches. It is a dusty muddy taupe if applied dry with that non descript drugstore "I'm not matte but I'm sure not shimmery" finish. And firecracker weirdly doesn't go on how it looks either. It looks very red and and warm but applies cool, but at least it's smooth and shimmery. For all three you need to apply them wet to get good color pay off that's true to pan but then they can look a bit crepey. And the shadows themselves don't like getting wet so I suggest getting it on the brush and spraying your brush and not double dipping.
I do prefer this to the original Tartelette palette. I think that one has more muddy shades. It's also very useful, but the interesting mattes (middle row to me) are among the worst performing in that palette whereas the interesting row in this one (bottom row) is quite nice. I had wanted to try a grey shadow and the grey in the first Tartelette is the worst in the entire palette.
If you are looking for matte basics, I might try the Kat Von D shade and light palette (but I've never tried it) and buy interesting shimmery singles to supplement. If you want a one and done palette, it's ok and I don't have a better suggestion (hence why I bought this one). Maybe the first Naked palette, it's definitely better quality but it's missing some shades I'd like and has several shades I never use in it. If I could swap out a couple shades, the original naked palette would be perfect. It nailed the gorgeous shimmery interesting shades and has a couple good mattes but I never use the rest and they could be much better, more useful mattes. If you are a shadow junkie with lots of MAC singles (raises hand) then you might just customize a one and done to travel with and be more satisfied with that. There are shades in the palette I don't see in any lines with singles (the two black browns, sweetheart for example) which is why I keep and use this. Have I confused you enough?

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is awesome and smells WONDERFUL

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have to admit, when I received this palette in the mail I was not sold. I've used it practically every day since I got it, and I am in love! Is it the palette to end all palettes? No. However, it's perfect for me. I use every single shadow, which never happens! The quality of the eyeshadow is excellent. Tarte eyeshadow tend to be more dry than others I've used, but only when swatching. They apply easily and pigmented, true to the color in the pan. There is one dud in the palette, Funny Girl. It's even more dry and not as pigmented as the rest of the palette, but it just takes me a couple layers to build it on the lid. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion and MAC Paint Pot as my base, and these last 12+ hours on me. Surprisingly, the bottom row of the palette with the pinky shades is my favorite, which comes as a shock to me! Rebel is my favorite color in the entire palette. I'm super happy with this purchase, and I'm glad I decided to take the plunge! Now I'm interested in the original Tartelette palette.