Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

Tarte TARTElette In Bloom
TARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In Bloom

4.5

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've owned a fair amount of eye shadow palettes from both drugstore and high end brands, but I've never been amazed by any (even the cult classic Naked palettes). Usually I'll only use 3-4 shades and leave a large portion unused, but this palette is freaking amazing! It's so perfectly suited towards those with neutral-cool skin tones, it can be used for everyday toned down looks as well as amped up night out looks, buildable coverage, buttery and not powdery looking at all, not a ton of fall out and best of all every shade can be used with each other! Bonus points for gorgeous packaging and a giant side to side mirror.

I honestly use this palette every single day, I have no desire to use anything else. If they discontinued this I would cry

So excited to be reviewing my first high end eyeshadow pallette! I have been very happy with my Wet n Wild and ELF pallettes but I just really felt like splurging and pamper myself. Finally I gave in and purchased this pallette - and boy am I glad I did!

First off let me say that if you want a fun and editorial pallette then this is clearly not for you. This pallette is perfect for creating everyday looks in a heartbeat. The packaging is GORGEOUS. The shadows are so creamy and buttery and blends like a dream. They also have a faint vanilla smell which I was pleasantly surprised.

I have been using it for 4 days in a row and haven't been able to put it down. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and would repurchase if I ever run out.

on 7/27/2017 2:46:00 AM

I was first introduced to Tarte through the reviews on YouTube. I purchased the Tartelette palette as soon as Sephora opened in Australia. The formula of the Bloom is even better than the first. I have oily lids and as you may know this means my eye-shadows cannot last the day without a good primer (I suggest Elf or MAC paint pot). Tarte's shadows worked and lasted without primer, I was amazed. I love using these shadows as a base to make other palette shadows last longer on my eyes. But even with this achievement, I can say I love the Tartlette in Bloom for it's colours more.

There isn't a colour I don't like. The powders are softer than the Tartlette and blend into skin so smoothly and effortlessly. If you are looking for everyday natural looks this is the palette. I also LOVE the shimmers in this. I'm not into high glimmer / shimmer looks, but love the iridescent glow these sheens add to any look. You can top them over other shadows and they fix and look stunning. Absolutely love. Also the light shimmer shade on the left corner is beautiful as a topper (I don't tend to use it as a shadow).

I would definitely recommend especially to my oily girls.

on 6/4/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This palette is so so beautiful. When I first used my fingers to swatch it on my hand, it was not pigmented as I expected but when I dipped my brushes into it and applied it on my eyelid, it appeared very niceee. The shimmery shades are not pigmented as the matte ones. I love using 'jetsetter' to contour my nose and 'leader' on my lower lash line. The mirror is of great quality and big enough to do full face makeup. However, the palette shows fingerprints like crazy and becomes dirty easily by the fallouts, but it can be cleansed easily by a tissue so I think this palette is worthy.

on 4/12/2017 10:47:00 PM

A really solid palette that has a lot of essential shades (great for beginners as their first palette) and for those who are more into "natural" shades (beige, bronze, gold, browns)
Some of the shades are super gorgeous and pretty (specifically the shimmery ones!)
Has a huge variety of shades to give you a lot of looks - ideal for travelling instead of bringing different palettes to get a mix of finishes :P
only problem is some of the lighter matte shades are chalky.

Swatches and full review:

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

#1- The butteriness of these shadows are to die for! I'd heard a lot of complaints because they were powdery and hard to work with. However I purchased this when I'd first REALLY started messing with eyeshadows and I thought they were very easy to work with. The top two middle colors I haven't used at all. I can still the tarte mark in them. They are just too cool toned for me, as I think warmer tones work best for me. The other colors are great. My favorite is the bottom row. I was hoping the dark brown-red color would've been more red, but still a very beautiful color. Love this palette. Debating getting the other tartlette palette. Ohh and the smell is my favorite.

on 2/17/2017 9:32:00 AM

This is a beautiful palette with beautiful shades. The texture is powdery and creamy at the same time. The colors are gorgeous, perfect for the office during the day and you can darken for wear at night. It's so versatile, that I find myself reaching for this palette. The shadows go on smooth and provide a beautiful finish. And everytime I open this palette, I smile. It just makes me happy!

on 1/17/2017 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Not only does this palette last all day on my oily lids, but it doesn't crease. It shows up beautifully and stays exactly how I applied it on my dark NC42 skin. Yes ladies of deeper skintones, this looks great on us! All of the shades show up differently (unlike the Lorac pro palettes) in a good way, and the variety and finishes are perfect. The only shades I find myself not using are the near black/brown shades, but the deep burgundy is one of my fave outer V shades and the lightest shimmer (Funny Girl) is comparable to MAC Honeylust in a more pigmented form or the beautiful shimmer Luscious in the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette. This is definitely my fave palette and were I to pan it or lose it, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. My gripe with this is that I wish the packaging were less fragile and more substantial, but other than that, it's quite beautiful to look at.

I regretted this purchase at first - they were chalky on my NC37 eyelids and did not wow me at all, but as I played around with it more, and discovered the different ways I could use the shades & their 'correct' combinations, I decided this may well be the best palette I have in my collection! When I travel and if I had to minimise the number of makeup items to bring, I bring this palette. I use Charmer mainly as a browbone highlight, the shimmer shades in my inner corners and the two darkest shades as brow powder (foiled they make great eyeliners, too!) and what didn't use to work on my lids because they were chalky now make great contouring powders! Jetsetter and Smartypants are great for subtly reshaping my nose.

I have many neutral palettes: Lunasol, ABH, Shu Uemura, MAC, Becca, as well as those from Chanel and Charlotte Tilbury to name a few, but while I love them I reach for Tartlette in Bloom the most these days.

on 1/2/2017 12:01:00 AM

Really trying to love this! I was sold immediately on the colors and the ratio of matte to shimmer. I've had it for a week and am really disappointed in the staying power. My UD eyeshadow palettes last all day. These Tarte colors are barely there after a few hours!!! I use quality primers and brushes, not sure where it's all gone wrong!!!