Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

3.0

on 6/14/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I own three tarte eyeshadow palettes and I just don't understand the hype for them. This one and the matte clay palette especially. I have tried countless times to make them work and used them everyday, so I got used to the fact they never lasted more than a few hours on my lids. I forgot other eyeshadow doesn't fade after a few hours constantly. The worst part is that it blends into one color no matter what you do. No primer or light hand can help this. It doesn't transition or have a gradient it just turns into one muddy brown color. The shimmer shades are pretty but there are only three of them. The packagaing is very pretty and of course Tarte always has the best mirrors in their palettes ever. The top of mine shattered the clear coating and the floral part chipped off the first week. I got the too faced natural palette and wa s blown away how much better eyeshadow can be. I was so used to using this sub par one I had forgotten. They don't blend into one color and the last ALL DAY! Tarte eyeshadow are a waste of money.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice palette with a good selection of neutrals, a shimmer or two to make it interesting, and packaging that is nice to work out of and isn't excessive or bulky. I like that the eye shadow formula is consistent with every color and is similar to the tartelette all matte palette so I know what to expect from it. I get a good 11+ hours of wear and it doesn't fade or crease. I wish I tried this sooner as there are a few palettes i got from other brands that I wouldn't have gotten if I had this first.
I typically stay within a row most palettes when doing an eye look as I'm terrible at mixing colors, but I haven't been on this one because all of the colors in it work together well. I think the shade firecracker is the prettiest and encourages me to step outside of my comfort zone (being of course matte shades because they typically don't go wrong.) If I ever had to start my palette collection over again this (and the other tartelette) woukd most definitely be my choice!

Video Reviews & Tutorials