Tarte Cosmetics TARTElette In Bloom

Tarte Cosmetics TARTElette In Bloom

4.3

on 6/14/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I own three tarte eyeshadow palettes and I just don't understand the hype for them. This one and the matte clay palette especially. I have tried countless times to make them work and used them everyday, so I got used to the fact they never lasted more than a few hours on my lids. I forgot other eyeshadow doesn't fade after a few hours constantly. The worst part is that it blends into one color no matter what you do. No primer or light hand can help this. It doesn't transition or have a gradient it just turns into one muddy brown color. The shimmer shades are pretty but there are only three of them. The packagaing is very pretty and of course Tarte always has the best mirrors in their palettes ever. The top of mine shattered the clear coating and the floral part chipped off the first week. I got the too faced natural palette and wa s blown away how much better eyeshadow can be. I was so used to using this sub par one I had forgotten. They don't blend into one color and the last ALL DAY! Tarte eyeshadow are a waste of money.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite eyeshadow palette that I use daily. I use the shade Jetsetter on my crease and lower lid everyday and I find that it's a perfect transition shade. I use funny girl on my lid and it really makes my eyes pop and the darker shades blended in my outer V and I'm good to go. These eyeshadows last really long on me with my Urban Decay primer potion. I love the packaging of this palette and love that there's a big, nice quality mirror which I use daily too. I love the smell of the eyeshadows too, reminds me of the Too Faced Chocolate bar palette scent but softer.
I like how these are more neutral/cool shades rather than super warm shades as I find really warm shades don't flatter my cool-ish fair skin tone, so this palette is perfect for me and I will buy another one when I run out. Love this!

I love love love this palette!!! My reasons will be listed below-

Packaging- The eyeshadows are housed in a gorgeous plastic case with a large mirror. The palette feels heavy and luxurious in the hand.

Shade Range- While this is a neutral palette, there are a lot of shades and combos you could do. You could use the shades for an everyday look, or smoke out your eyes for a sultry night time look.

Price- While this palette is $46, I think it's definitely worth the money. All of the shades perform amazing with the exception of one or two.

Eyeshadow quality- All of the shades are buttery and smooth, but there are two that I do struggle with in terms of application, and blendability. Funny Girl is a gorgeous golden champagne shade that swatches amazing with the finger, but with a brush it struggles. I'm only able to use that shade with my finger. Rebel and Leader are also beautiful shades, but are difficult to blend out and make work. Sometimes they can look patchy if you don't apply a base on top of your eye primer (like a creamy white shadow.) All of the other shades work great! I've been using Smokeshow and Activist as my eyeliner and they work like a dream. Also, the shadows have a yummy vanilla/chocolate scent.

Overall thoughts: If you're in the market for a staple palette for everyday makeup looks then look no further! This is for you! If you like color in your palette (there isn't much bright colors if any) or if you have lots of palettes that are for neutral looks then you may be able to dupe this in your own collection.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a really lovely everyday neutral palette that would work for a variety of skin tones and undertones. The mattes are buttery and super-blendable, and the shimmers are so pretty. The outer packaging is nice, and I love that Tarte had the foresight to arrange the palette in a cohesive way. I don't think I would repurchase this, though, due to the fact that Tarte has had many missteps regarding embracing diversity in the beauty industry and posting very racist/offensive things on their social media accounts. I think they make lovely products, but in the year 2018 they aren't doing enough to make those products accessible or useful to people of color and I cannot support that. If they change their business model and make up for the bad things they've done in the past regarding representation and diversity I will reconsider, but until then I cannot support their brand.

on 1/7/2018 4:48:00 AM

I am light asian skin with pink undertones. I am nw20 in mac, nude in too faced btw super coverage concealer. light to light neutral in shape tape, creme brûlée in nars concealer, b20 chanel, maybelline 120.

the colors in here just didn't work for me and its super hard to blend. Its patchy and i swapped it. the dark colors are super hard to work with. the funny girl shade is glittery and not pigmented the shimmer in it has a unflattering yellow tone in it that didnt work with my skin. the transition shades in the middle rows i dont like because its too orange or makes me look muddy. i only like the bottom row of the palette excluding the funny girl shade. the brow bone shades aren't as smooth like my hg mac brule so they are just meh.

the first row of combination which is the taupe and cool tone shadows makes me look kinda dead and make my face looks dirty and dull,
The 2nd row is way too copper bronze makes me looks sickly and just not right, like a bad tan, it pulls too orange.

i prefer palettes like the naked 3 which is more rose gold type of shadows. i can't pull off the bronze/gold or silvery/taupe shades. its gotta be a bit pinky-er for my personal preference so i only can work with the bottom row of this which to me is not worth the 46$
its not a bad formulation and it also smells nice. its the colors that i couldn't work with for my face. so sad.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've owned a fair amount of eye shadow palettes from both drugstore and high end brands, but I've never been amazed by any (even the cult classic Naked palettes). Usually I'll only use 3-4 shades and leave a large portion unused, but this palette is freaking amazing! It's so perfectly suited towards those with neutral-cool skin tones, it can be used for everyday toned down looks as well as amped up night out looks, buildable coverage, buttery and not powdery looking at all, not a ton of fall out and best of all every shade can be used with each other! Bonus points for gorgeous packaging and a giant side to side mirror.

I honestly use this palette every single day, I have no desire to use anything else. If they discontinued this I would cry

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice palette with a good selection of neutrals, a shimmer or two to make it interesting, and packaging that is nice to work out of and isn't excessive or bulky. I like that the eye shadow formula is consistent with every color and is similar to the tartelette all matte palette so I know what to expect from it. I get a good 11+ hours of wear and it doesn't fade or crease. I wish I tried this sooner as there are a few palettes i got from other brands that I wouldn't have gotten if I had this first.
I typically stay within a row most palettes when doing an eye look as I'm terrible at mixing colors, but I haven't been on this one because all of the colors in it work together well. I think the shade firecracker is the prettiest and encourages me to step outside of my comfort zone (being of course matte shades because they typically don't go wrong.) If I ever had to start my palette collection over again this (and the other tartelette) woukd most definitely be my choice!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is an absolutely fantastic palette. I find all the mattes to work really well as transition shades and in the outer-v and each one has a distinct purpose for me. I find I can use this for everyday looks, for work, for going out, for special events - everything.

I love the shade firecracker, it's the perfect shimmer to create a smoky/monochromatic eye and then funny girl as a lid highlight. These stay on alll day and give so much warmth to the eye. The shade rocker is so underrated IMHO, it's a silvery-taupe satin/shimmer that wears really well as a subtle lid colour for work or daytime events.

If you're not sure about the formula or if you need all of these shades, check out the little tartelette tease palette. It's the same formula with similar shades and perfect for travel.

Can't even begin to describe how much I love this. I bought it from Tarte for 25% off but definitely think it's worth the full price. The colors are absolutely stunning and will look good on any skin tone. I was looking for a go-to neutral palette that I could wear everyday to work, and this is perfect. I've had it for a week and already have been playing around with different looks. It is so versatile with the 9 mattes and 3 shimmers. I can't wait to use it for more dramatic nighttime looks. I especially love the terracotta shades on the bottom row, as well as the three mattes in the second column. My absolute favorite is firecracker. It is a perfect coppery shimmer. All of these are super pigmented and easy to work with. I am totally in love. Would buy again without question.

on 6/1/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Gah- I am so disappointed in this palette. I bought it based on some YT praises and reviews here. Kept looking at the shades and finally pulled the trigger. A few of the shades work well for me- nice base and transition shades. But the deep shades are just so dark and muddy and very hard to blend using the lightest hand possible. Tried using as liners but I get so much fallout from these and the shimmery shades. What I really find lacking here are some nice matte midtones for the crease. Think this one will go to my niece.