Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

4.6

on 11/5/2017 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay, so I'm no pro at makeup and lowkey suck at blending, also, I don't own any expensive or amazing brushes either. I got this because of all the rave reviews and the first time I tried it I fell madly in love with it. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the very first time I used the shade called "Leader" it would not blend out for the life of me at all, it was just all this dark colour focused in on one spot. However, this only happened on one eye and it blended beautifully on the other eye. These colours are absolutely stunning when swatched and when applied to the eyes, the matte shades are phenomenal and blend like butter. These colours are quite powdery though, which I have no issue with but if you do then just keep that in mind. Another thing, every time I apply anything on my lid which had shimmer in it, my crease would sparkle as soon as I fully opened my eyes, but that never happened with this palette which I'm so thankful for. Overall, this is my new holy grail eyeshadow palette and I'd recommend it to everyone and anyone!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've owned a fair amount of eye shadow palettes from both drugstore and high end brands, but I've never been amazed by any (even the cult classic Naked palettes). Usually I'll only use 3-4 shades and leave a large portion unused, but this palette is freaking amazing! It's so perfectly suited towards those with neutral-cool skin tones, it can be used for everyday toned down looks as well as amped up night out looks, buildable coverage, buttery and not powdery looking at all, not a ton of fall out and best of all every shade can be used with each other! Bonus points for gorgeous packaging and a giant side to side mirror.

I honestly use this palette every single day, I have no desire to use anything else. If they discontinued this I would cry

on 10/10/2017 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first high-end palette. I loved it for the neutrals. The shades are wonderful and the texture is buttery and creamy. The only downside of this palette is that the 2 brown shades are so darn similar. I would have liked to have seen one more transition shade instead of the warm & cool versions of brown. Overall, it's a good beginner palette and would still recommenced it. You can get a variety of "neutral" looks with it.

on 10/31/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such an amazing palette! I love the combination of warm and cool tones; they work on a variety of skin tones. I can create dramatic and wearable/everyday looks. The shadows are pigmented and very blendable. Some shades do have a bit of fallout, but if you do your eye makeup before your foundation & concealer it shouldn’t be an issue.

on 10/17/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

THIS IS SUCH A GORGEOUS PALETTE.

First of all, the packaging is a work of art; a gorgeous gilded palette with a lovely floral cover and a good sized mirror. The shadows themselves - 9 mattes and 3 shimmers- are beautifully pigmented, blendable and smell divine too. I love the range of neutral/warm shades ranging from light to dark with hints of peach, bronze, aubergine and chestnut that would suit practically every skin tone in some way or another. It's a great palette for those who like more muted and wearable eye looks- perfect for both work and parties. It costs around £41 which is a bit steep for an eyeshadow palette but at least you get 12 shadows.

All the colours are easy to work with, blend like a dream and stay put all day without feathering or fading away. Of course, if you have oily lids like I do, I'd recommend an eyeshadow primer (I use a MAC paintpot: Soft Ochre) and the eyeshadow does not budge.

This has got to be one of my all time favourite palettes, it's aesthetically and practically a truly great palette.

on 9/24/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I lave this palette! Great neutrals (my “to go” colors always) and a few shimmer shades to just jazz it up a bit, this makes the palette an overall lovely contrast, perfect for all occasions. I have no issues with crashing or fading, and my skin is quite oily as well as because I’m 33, I am beginning to show fine lines around my eyes, these shows lay lovely without falling into my fine lines.

So excited to be reviewing my first high end eyeshadow pallette! I have been very happy with my Wet n Wild and ELF pallettes but I just really felt like splurging and pamper myself. Finally I gave in and purchased this pallette - and boy am I glad I did!

First off let me say that if you want a fun and editorial pallette then this is clearly not for you. This pallette is perfect for creating everyday looks in a heartbeat. The packaging is GORGEOUS. The shadows are so creamy and buttery and blends like a dream. They also have a faint vanilla smell which I was pleasantly surprised.

I have been using it for 4 days in a row and haven't been able to put it down. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and would repurchase if I ever run out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice palette with a good selection of neutrals, a shimmer or two to make it interesting, and packaging that is nice to work out of and isn't excessive or bulky. I like that the eye shadow formula is consistent with every color and is similar to the tartelette all matte palette so I know what to expect from it. I get a good 11+ hours of wear and it doesn't fade or crease. I wish I tried this sooner as there are a few palettes i got from other brands that I wouldn't have gotten if I had this first.
I typically stay within a row most palettes when doing an eye look as I'm terrible at mixing colors, but I haven't been on this one because all of the colors in it work together well. I think the shade firecracker is the prettiest and encourages me to step outside of my comfort zone (being of course matte shades because they typically don't go wrong.) If I ever had to start my palette collection over again this (and the other tartelette) woukd most definitely be my choice!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an absolutely fantastic palette. I find all the mattes to work really well as transition shades and in the outer-v and each one has a distinct purpose for me. I find I can use this for everyday looks, for work, for going out, for special events - everything.

I love the shade firecracker, it's the perfect shimmer to create a smoky/monochromatic eye and then funny girl as a lid highlight. These stay on alll day and give so much warmth to the eye. The shade rocker is so underrated IMHO, it's a silvery-taupe satin/shimmer that wears really well as a subtle lid colour for work or daytime events.

If you're not sure about the formula or if you need all of these shades, check out the little tartelette tease palette. It's the same formula with similar shades and perfect for travel.

on 9/1/2017 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is absolutely gorgeous. The pigmentation is beautiful, colours come out gorgeous and it has the perfect blend of neutral colours. Good balance of lid to crease colours, and you can create so many gorgeous looks with this palette. If you wanted a nice simple day look and change into a sexy evening look, this gives you all the options. I bought this palette for my mom and she loves it as well since she isnt a fan of a lot of shimmer shades.