Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

TARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In Bloom

4.6

on 2/13/2018 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

tl;dr This was my first big-girl palette. I think it's a good neutral palette for beginners given the quality and color selection, but it has a few flaws. I'd probably not repurchase if I lost it or ran out, because there's so much other eyeshadow I want to try, though I would be sad about not having Rebel anymore.

Pros:
1. Most shades are very nice, soft, and easy to blend.
2. Good, basic selection of colors. A cream, a peachy “base shade” for light to medium-toned people, a couple dark shades for liner, a warm and a cool transition/crease shade, and three shimmers.
3. It’s mostly matte. This could be a pro or a con depending on your preferences, but I’m glad that a palette exists that’s the inverse of the Naked palettes’ “you get exactly three (3) mattes” thing.
4. The standout shade (for me): Rebel! It’s a beautiful red-toned medium-deep brown. Obviously red/warm tones are super in now, and Rebel’s a bit subtler than e.g. Modern Renaissance. Great for the outer V, great for deepening the crease in more dramatic looks, great for darkening the lower lashline and pulling together the look.
5. It smells like chocolate! Not gross, artificial chocolate either, but like proper cacao powder, with a bit of vanilla. Tarte doesn’t advertise this fact - goodness knows why - but it was a really nice surprise, and having something so nice-smelling makes me happy in the mornings when I use it.
Cons:
1. I feel like the three dark shades on the right are samey; the palette would be better with a chocolate brown and a purple instead of Smokeshow and Activist, which are quite similar to me.
2. Funny Girl, the gold shimmer, is disappointing, in a way that's difficult to describe. It’s like it’s not very opaque? Or it reads as just a lot of gold glitter particles - not as a single coherent color.
3. The paint on the packaging - the pink/purple design, not the gold - is slowly but surely cracking, flaking off and getting everywhere. Everything else about the packaging - magnet closure, mirror, general sturdiness - is nice though.
4. Darker shades have some blendability isuses, but I mostly use them for liner so it's not an issue for me.

on 1/28/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not much to say about this palette that hasn't already been said - I love it and I've actually found myself ignoring my UD Naked Palettes (all of them) in favor of this one. I love that you can use the dark colors as liners, and I love how they arranged them by color family from top to bottom. I definitely want to check out some of Tarte's other palettes now!

on 1/24/2018 10:48:00 PM

Not much to add that hasn't already been said about this fabulous palette... Perfect shades for everyday, buttery soft, great wear time, beautiful packaging you always get with Tarte products, no one in this price range beats Tarte on luxe packaging, and most higher priced brands don't either. This is a palette you can travel with, and a great basic everyone needs. Definitely recommend.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a really lovely everyday neutral palette that would work for a variety of skin tones and undertones. The mattes are buttery and super-blendable, and the shimmers are so pretty. The outer packaging is nice, and I love that Tarte had the foresight to arrange the palette in a cohesive way. I don't think I would repurchase this, though, due to the fact that Tarte has had many missteps regarding embracing diversity in the beauty industry and posting very racist/offensive things on their social media accounts. I think they make lovely products, but in the year 2018 they aren't doing enough to make those products accessible or useful to people of color and I cannot support that. If they change their business model and make up for the bad things they've done in the past regarding representation and diversity I will reconsider, but until then I cannot support their brand.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've owned a fair amount of eye shadow palettes from both drugstore and high end brands, but I've never been amazed by any (even the cult classic Naked palettes). Usually I'll only use 3-4 shades and leave a large portion unused, but this palette is freaking amazing! It's so perfectly suited towards those with neutral-cool skin tones, it can be used for everyday toned down looks as well as amped up night out looks, buildable coverage, buttery and not powdery looking at all, not a ton of fall out and best of all every shade can be used with each other! Bonus points for gorgeous packaging and a giant side to side mirror.

I honestly use this palette every single day, I have no desire to use anything else. If they discontinued this I would cry

on 10/31/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such an amazing palette! I love the combination of warm and cool tones; they work on a variety of skin tones. I can create dramatic and wearable/everyday looks. The shadows are pigmented and very blendable. Some shades do have a bit of fallout, but if you do your eye makeup before your foundation & concealer it shouldn’t be an issue.

on 10/17/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

THIS IS SUCH A GORGEOUS PALETTE.

First of all, the packaging is a work of art; a gorgeous gilded palette with a lovely floral cover and a good sized mirror. The shadows themselves - 9 mattes and 3 shimmers- are beautifully pigmented, blendable and smell divine too. I love the range of neutral/warm shades ranging from light to dark with hints of peach, bronze, aubergine and chestnut that would suit practically every skin tone in some way or another. It's a great palette for those who like more muted and wearable eye looks- perfect for both work and parties. It costs around £41 which is a bit steep for an eyeshadow palette but at least you get 12 shadows.

All the colours are easy to work with, blend like a dream and stay put all day without feathering or fading away. Of course, if you have oily lids like I do, I'd recommend an eyeshadow primer (I use a MAC paintpot: Soft Ochre) and the eyeshadow does not budge.

This has got to be one of my all time favourite palettes, it's aesthetically and practically a truly great palette.

on 9/24/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I lave this palette! Great neutrals (my “to go” colors always) and a few shimmer shades to just jazz it up a bit, this makes the palette an overall lovely contrast, perfect for all occasions. I have no issues with crashing or fading, and my skin is quite oily as well as because I’m 33, I am beginning to show fine lines around my eyes, these shows lay lovely without falling into my fine lines.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice palette with a good selection of neutrals, a shimmer or two to make it interesting, and packaging that is nice to work out of and isn't excessive or bulky. I like that the eye shadow formula is consistent with every color and is similar to the tartelette all matte palette so I know what to expect from it. I get a good 11+ hours of wear and it doesn't fade or crease. I wish I tried this sooner as there are a few palettes i got from other brands that I wouldn't have gotten if I had this first.
I typically stay within a row most palettes when doing an eye look as I'm terrible at mixing colors, but I haven't been on this one because all of the colors in it work together well. I think the shade firecracker is the prettiest and encourages me to step outside of my comfort zone (being of course matte shades because they typically don't go wrong.) If I ever had to start my palette collection over again this (and the other tartelette) woukd most definitely be my choice!

on 9/1/2017 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is absolutely gorgeous. The pigmentation is beautiful, colours come out gorgeous and it has the perfect blend of neutral colours. Good balance of lid to crease colours, and you can create so many gorgeous looks with this palette. If you wanted a nice simple day look and change into a sexy evening look, this gives you all the options. I bought this palette for my mom and she loves it as well since she isnt a fan of a lot of shimmer shades.