Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

4.5

on 6/14/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I own three tarte eyeshadow palettes and I just don't understand the hype for them. This one and the matte clay palette especially. I have tried countless times to make them work and used them everyday, so I got used to the fact they never lasted more than a few hours on my lids. I forgot other eyeshadow doesn't fade after a few hours constantly. The worst part is that it blends into one color no matter what you do. No primer or light hand can help this. It doesn't transition or have a gradient it just turns into one muddy brown color. The shimmer shades are pretty but there are only three of them. The packagaing is very pretty and of course Tarte always has the best mirrors in their palettes ever. The top of mine shattered the clear coating and the floral part chipped off the first week. I got the too faced natural palette and wa s blown away how much better eyeshadow can be. I was so used to using this sub par one I had forgotten. They don't blend into one color and the last ALL DAY! Tarte eyeshadow are a waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was originally interested in this palette because of all the hype. The colors are right up my alley. Neutrals, warm tones...this seemed perfect. I swatched all the colors every time I went into Ulta and waivered over whether I should finally get it. So I did. And I just don't get it. I don't understand why everyone loves this so much! The dark colors are hard and chalky. Couldn't use them as liners because I ended up with insane fallout, even if I dampened the brush. The pale shimmer is flaky and awful. The cool tone one at the top was okay, but didn't look right on my skintone. Firecracker is the only shade in this palette I liked. Not worth it to keep just for that. The other pale mattes weren't pigmented enough to be used alone as lid shades, and I have other similar colors I like more for the crease. Meh, I think there are better palettes out there. Though the outside of the palette is beautiful, and the large mirror is nice.

I bought this palette based on all the great reviews it received. It looked like it had it all. I was so excited to try it and when it finally arrived, I was sorely disappointed. The high price tag made it even harder to swallow. In the photos, the colours looked amazing, rich and varied. In reality, the browns are much colder than they appear and the shimmers are far from impressive. But the worst thing about this palette is the quality. When you dip your brush in shadows, they turn to dust. After application, there are flecks all over my face. They simply don't stay put. This is not what I expect from a $45 makeup palette. I've had drug store palettes, a fraction of the price, that have performed 100 percent better than this. I don't know where all the positive reviews are coming from, seriously! I rarely write reviews but I felt it my duty to give people a heads up before purchasing this item. Don't waste your money. If you want to invest, go for bigger more established brands. In my eyes (pardon the pun) this product is a pile of junk.

on 1/29/2016 11:10:00 PM

The way the shades are set up in this palette are gorgeous, however, the colors are way too chalky for my liking. Not the best palette that Tarte has come out with.

on 1/7/2018 4:48:00 AM

I am light asian skin with pink undertones. I am nw20 in mac, light in shape tape, creme brûlée in nars concealer, b20 chanel, maybelline 120.

the colors in here just didn't work for me. the dark colors are hard to work with. the funny girl shade is glittery and not pigmented the shimmer in it has a unflattering yellow tone in it that didnt work with my skin. the transition shades in the middle rows i dont like because its too orange or makes me look muddy. i only like the bottom row of the palette excluding the funny girl shade. the brow bone shades aren't as smooth like my hg mac brule so they are just meh.

the first row of combination which is the taupe and cool tone shadows makes me look kinda dead and make my face looks dirty and dull,
The 2nd row is way too copper bronze makes me looks sickly and just not right, like a bad tan, it pulls too orange.

i prefer palettes like the naked 3 which is more rose gold type of shadows. i can't pull off the bronze/gold or silvery/taupe shades. its gotta be a bit pinky-er for my personal preference so i only can work with the bottom row of this which to me is not worth the 46$
its not a bad formulation and it also smells nice. its the colors that i couldn't work with for my face. so sad.

on 6/1/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Gah- I am so disappointed in this palette. I bought it based on some YT praises and reviews here. Kept looking at the shades and finally pulled the trigger. A few of the shades work well for me- nice base and transition shades. But the deep shades are just so dark and muddy and very hard to blend using the lightest hand possible. Tried using as liners but I get so much fallout from these and the shimmery shades. What I really find lacking here are some nice matte midtones for the crease. Think this one will go to my niece.

on 2/8/2017 10:38:00 PM

This palette is beautiful in terms of packaging and color selection. Another bonus is that it smells like vanilla. However, I think people are in denial about this product. They think because it looks so good that it is good. Smarty Pants, Sweetheart, and Rebel swatch nearly identical. Smokeshow and Activist are very similar but good for filling in eyebrows if you have dark hair. Leader is difficult to blend. All the colors all mold into one muddy mess. You really can only get 1 to 3 looks max out of this palette since all the colors look similar on the lids. I really wanted to love it because it is so beautiful but it performs terrible. It retails for $45 which is b.s. since the Anastasia Beverly Hill Modern Renaissance retails for slightly less and blows the tartelette out of the water.

on 1/2/2017 12:01:00 AM

Really trying to love this! I was sold immediately on the colors and the ratio of matte to shimmer. I've had it for a week and am really disappointed in the staying power. My UD eyeshadow palettes last all day. These Tarte colors are barely there after a few hours!!! I use quality primers and brushes, not sure where it's all gone wrong!!!

Ok, I'll be one of the (few) outliers. I did not like this palette, and after struggling with it repeatedly I returned it. I had very high hopes for this to be my go-to everyday palette for travel, to enable me to lighten my load, yet still achieve a range of looks. I had to write this review out of frustration, especially given that it worked so well for others. See below for the pros and cons...

Pros:
Packaging is super slim and pretty, with a nice mirror inside. Solid.
Color selection is every thing it should be for a palette that covers most looks. Primarily Matte shades, which is a big plus IMO.

Cons:
Color payoff was hit or miss. The nude base shades were good for the most part, and applied well, but the transition shades I found hard to blend and barely showed up. The deep shades were exceptionally difficult for me to get to blend. After several weeks of trying I always found myself frustrated with how my looks turned out and I lost patience and went back to Viseart/ABH/MUG palettes.

I used primers, I've got high quality brushes. I don't have the patience to have to work at making a palette work for me when there are others that do the job without a lot of effort. Maybe I got spoiled with the quality of other palettes, but I just couldn't with this one.

on 6/14/2018 8:01:00 PM

not that much of a fan. the colors weren’t that pigmented and had a lot of fallout. Defiantly wouldn’t buy again.