Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

Tarte TARTElette In Bloom
TARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In Bloom

4.6

on 9/5/2016 10:38:00 AM

If you're looking for a makeup artist review about blendability, undertones, which brushes to use etc I'm afraid I can't comment anything along those lines. What I can say is, it took me 3 months to decide which higher-end eyeshadow palette to buy, and after comparing this one with 6 other close runners up I'm so happy with my decision. Only after buying it did I find out that the top row is cool colours, middle row is warm colours and bottom row is pink/purple based. I wore this for the first time to a wedding - during the day I only wore it light and at night I didn't have time to wash everything off and start again so I just added darker colours hoping for the best, and even forgot to spray setting spray... And it blended perfectly well together and didn't move all night!! I know this isn't a professional review by any means but I'm just trying to be honest in saying that after so long researching and testing and deciding, I'm really fond of this palette and I understand the hype.

I bought this palette based on all the great reviews it received. It looked like it had it all. I was so excited to try it and when it finally arrived, I was sorely disappointed. The high price tag made it even harder to swallow. In the photos, the colours looked amazing, rich and varied. In reality, the browns are much colder than they appear and the shimmers are far from impressive. But the worst thing about this palette is the quality. When you dip your brush in shadows, they turn to dust. After application, there are flecks all over my face. They simply don't stay put. This is not what I expect from a $45 makeup palette. I've had drug store palettes, a fraction of the price, that have performed 100 percent better than this. I don't know where all the positive reviews are coming from, seriously! I rarely write reviews but I felt it my duty to give people a heads up before purchasing this item. Don't waste your money. If you want to invest, go for bigger more established brands. In my eyes (pardon the pun) this product is a pile of junk.

on 5/12/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Absolutely beautiful palette. My favorite thing about it is that each row has a different undertone. There is a cool, warm, and rosy row. It's a great way to experiment with some different looks without wasting money on a palette you might not even like. If you gravitate toward warm shades, this is a great opportunity to try out some cool and rosy looks while still being able to make full use of the palette if you don't like a cool toned look. There is really something for everyone in this palette. The quality is fantastic and the packaging is just gorgeous.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

SWOON!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no idea why I held off when this first came out..it is STUNNING!!! All shades are very flattering (note: does lean warm-toned compared to the first Tartelette palette) can be worked with like a dream..great for those whose makeup skills may not be that of a professional or very experienced.

Three of the 12 shades are shimmer, which is a nice change to mix it up a little bit from the all-matte palettes. And even the 3 shimmer shades are flattering, as I feel they are not 'glitter bombs'..

These wear very nicely throughout the day and flatter my older 45 year old crepey eyelids that tend to show any little creasing. I don't even have to use a primer with these. Also, there are many one-shadow options here, as well as of course mixing and matching shades. If you tend to prefer cooler tones, this may not be for you, but even then, I would still suggest swatching them the next time you are in Ulta or Sephora, you just might be surprised at how stunning the shades are.

For me, I can definitely see me using (and have already used) pretty much all of the shades in here, so when you factor in the cost per shade, it is roughly $3.75, which is roughly what one single drugstore shadow costs. So taking that into consideration, these are a very good deal, and imo better quality of course than drugstore, and again, I will definitely be using ALL of these shades, not like some palettes where only a couple shades hit pan..

Nice big mirror, too, for those who like mirrors with their palettes.

Ok, I'll be one of the (few) outliers. I did not like this palette, and after struggling with it repeatedly I returned it. I had very high hopes for this to be my go-to everyday palette for travel, to enable me to lighten my load, yet still achieve a range of looks. I had to write this review out of frustration, especially given that it worked so well for others. See below for the pros and cons...

Pros:
Packaging is super slim and pretty, with a nice mirror inside. Solid.
Color selection is every thing it should be for a palette that covers most looks. Primarily Matte shades, which is a big plus IMO.

Cons:
Color payoff was hit or miss. The nude base shades were good for the most part, and applied well, but the transition shades I found hard to blend and barely showed up. The deep shades were exceptionally difficult for me to get to blend. After several weeks of trying I always found myself frustrated with how my looks turned out and I lost patience and went back to Viseart/ABH/MUG palettes.

I used primers, I've got high quality brushes. I don't have the patience to have to work at making a palette work for me when there are others that do the job without a lot of effort. Maybe I got spoiled with the quality of other palettes, but I just couldn't with this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I got this palette to act as my all-in-one travel palette and it's pretty good but not great. I had debated between this and the chocolate bar (which I do not own) for a long time.
Overall the shades are amazing. They are useful and it has everything. That bottom row is stunning. I could wear just that every day. I love that it has a warm black brown and a cool black brown for setting liner. It has a great browbone shade for me. It has brow shades that the color could work even if the texture does not (I'll get to that later). The shimmery shades LOOK amazing and add interest (again, more on that later). I try really hard to only purchase palettes in which I like and use EVERY shadow (which is why I've never owned a Lorac pro, Too Faced, or a Kat Von D palette). Shade wise, this palette does that. I did a one month one palette with it and loved it at the end of the month. I will keep it. But...
The overall shadow quality is average which disappoints me. By average I mean it's not MAC or Urban Decay, but it's also a heck of a lot better than Morphe and any drugstore eyeshadow I've ever tried (except L'Oreal infallible as shimmers). It disappoints me because it keeps this palette from being the best ever and the only one I'd ever need. The mattes are dusty and skip sometimes but they are manageable. They are also very soft in application so it's hard to do anything precise with them, i.e. brows. For example, I use MAC cork for my brows all the time and get a nice sharp line; I can't get these shadows to do that. My brows always look a bit caterpillar-esk. The shimmers are all disappointing for different reasons. Funny girl has a very very glittery texture with minimal color in its base. Rocket is one of the reasons I got this but the color on the lid is nothing like it swatches. It is a dusty muddy taupe if applied dry with that non descript drugstore "I'm not matte but I'm sure not shimmery" finish. And firecracker weirdly doesn't go on how it looks either. It looks very red and and warm but applies cool, but at least it's smooth and shimmery. For all three you need to apply them wet to get good color pay off that's true to pan but then they can look a bit crepey. And the shadows themselves don't like getting wet so I suggest getting it on the brush and spraying your brush and not double dipping.
I do prefer this to the original Tartelette palette. I think that one has more muddy shades. It's also very useful, but the interesting mattes (middle row to me) are among the worst performing in that palette whereas the interesting row in this one (bottom row) is quite nice. I had wanted to try a grey shadow and the grey in the first Tartelette is the worst in the entire palette.
If you are looking for matte basics, I might try the Kat Von D shade and light palette (but I've never tried it) and buy interesting shimmery singles to supplement. If you want a one and done palette, it's ok and I don't have a better suggestion (hence why I bought this one). Maybe the first Naked palette, it's definitely better quality but it's missing some shades I'd like and has several shades I never use in it. If I could swap out a couple shades, the original naked palette would be perfect. It nailed the gorgeous shimmery interesting shades and has a couple good mattes but I never use the rest and they could be much better, more useful mattes. If you are a shadow junkie with lots of MAC singles (raises hand) then you might just customize a one and done to travel with and be more satisfied with that. There are shades in the palette I don't see in any lines with singles (the two black browns, sweetheart for example) which is why I keep and use this. Have I confused you enough?

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Suprised no one has reviewed this yet...this is a lovely palette. I do not have the original TARTElette palette because I am not a 100% matte lover. I prefer there to be some luster to my shadows. This one really struck my fancy because it has the most blendable, soft mattes AND a coordinating semi-metallic luster for a glow. The formula is so buttery...and I was suprised but these smell faintly of chocolate just like a Two Faced chocolate bar palette. I have only one critique, the two darkest shades are almost 99% the same. I would have preferred a black and a dark brown instead of a black and black brown..oh well, it's not a deal breaker. Overall, this is my favorite of my recent Tarte palette purchases. (I also recently bought the Noir and Showstopper and those have blushes and highlighters but the shadows aren't as good as these)

on 7/16/2016 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was super excited to get this palette, not as excited when I finally tried it. I like it, but there are other palettes I'll reach for besides this one. I know a lot of people like it, but I hate the chocolate scent of this. Please stop making makeup smell like food :/ The shadows just aren't as blendable or creamy as I thought they would be. For the price, I imagined a better palette overall. Still giving it a 4 overall though for shade selection, staying power and pigmentation.

I regretted this purchase at first - they were chalky on my NC37 eyelids and did not wow me at all, but as I played around with it more, and discovered the different ways I could use the shades & their 'correct' combinations, I decided this may well be the best palette I have in my collection! When I travel and if I had to minimise the number of makeup items to bring, I bring this palette. I use Charmer mainly as a browbone highlight, the shimmer shades in my inner corners and the two darkest shades as brow powder (foiled they make great eyeliners, too!) and what didn't use to work on my lids because they were chalky now make great contouring powders! Jetsetter and Smartypants are great for subtly reshaping my nose.

I have many neutral palettes: Lunasol, ABH, Shu Uemura, MAC, Becca, as well as those from Chanel and Charlotte Tilbury to name a few, but while I love them I reach for Tartlette in Bloom the most these days.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The Tartelette in bloom is hands down my favorite palette. I have Naked1 and 2, Smashbox Full Exposure, and Too Faced palettes and the Tartelette is still the winner. I can make so many different looks with this and love the quality of the eyeshadow. The pigment and ease of application is great. The packaging is sturdy and functional as well as beautiful. I love the mattes and shimmers. Smells amazing. This is that one palette that I open and stare at for no reason. I also bought the Tartelette Tease as a supplement (it doesn't need a supplement, but the colors are just different enough to make it worth it) and it is on par with quality too.

The shadows blend easy. It was a great palette for a beginner. It has an array of transition and crease shades. It is the palette that requires the least thought and planning for me to put together a look.

Longevity update: today I ran for over an hour in the rain. My eyeshadow still looked the same as when I left the house. Can't say the same for my mascara. Just makes me love this palette more!