Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette In Bloom Clay Palette

Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette In Bloom Clay Palette

4.5

on 1/30/2016 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the original Tartelette palette.....when the Tartelette in Bloom was released I wasted no time getting it, as well. Not disappointed. In fact, I think I'm liking better than I expected to!

The quality of the shadows is excellent. Soft, easy to blend, little to no fall out, great pigmentation, and I'm easily getting 12 hour wear out of these shadows with no fading or creasing -- the colors stay true all day.

Great mix of mattes & shimmers. The shimmers go on just as nicely as the mattes and look great without being patchy. Good variation in shades from barely there to deeper crease or liner colors.

Packaging is beautiful -- I have a lot of palettes but I find myself reaching for this one most days.

Without question, I would absolutely buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I had originally intended to buy the first tarte lets bc I prefer mattes and this was mostly neutrals. After I saw this in person I bought in bloom instead and have no regrets. The colors are smooth, blend well, a nice mix of mattes/shimmer. I've been using everyday since I bought it and you can create a variety of looks-it's very versatile. It smells like chocolate too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have to admit, when I received this palette in the mail I was not sold. I've used it practically every day since I got it, and I am in love! Is it the palette to end all palettes? No. However, it's perfect for me. I use every single shadow, which never happens! The quality of the eyeshadow is excellent. Tarte eyeshadow tend to be more dry than others I've used, but only when swatching. They apply easily and pigmented, true to the color in the pan. There is one dud in the palette, Funny Girl. It's even more dry and not as pigmented as the rest of the palette, but it just takes me a couple layers to build it on the lid. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion and MAC Paint Pot as my base, and these last 12+ hours on me. Surprisingly, the bottom row of the palette with the pinky shades is my favorite, which comes as a shock to me! Rebel is my favorite color in the entire palette. I'm super happy with this purchase, and I'm glad I decided to take the plunge! Now I'm interested in the original Tartelette palette.

on 3/10/2016 1:02:00 AM

Pros:
1. Wonderful packaging. The design is just divine and the case is sturdy enough to take for travel without having to worry about the shadows flaking or breaking.
2. The texture is superb! It has that soft buttery texture that makes blending super easy.
3. The palette itself contains a balance of matte and shimmer shades that's perfect for any skin tone!
4. Most shades are neutral and warm, which is my everyday look.
5. The packs a lot of product and a little goes a long way. So this could last you a long while even with daily use.
6. The pigmentation is satisfactory. if you want a bolder more dense color, use the shadows with a wet eye brush.

Cons:
NADA!

I have nothing bad to say about this product except that, like any other high end product, this can cost you quite a bit. So one lippie off that! Although, this is totally worth the splurge!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this pallet! I can use this and only this for a daily look or glamorous one. I have green eyes and cool toned medium skin.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is awesome and smells WONDERFUL

Ok, I'll be one of the (few) outliers. I did not like this palette, and after struggling with it repeatedly I returned it. I had very high hopes for this to be my go-to everyday palette for travel, to enable me to lighten my load, yet still achieve a range of looks. I had to write this review out of frustration, especially given that it worked so well for others. See below for the pros and cons...

Pros:
Packaging is super slim and pretty, with a nice mirror inside. Solid.
Color selection is every thing it should be for a palette that covers most looks. Primarily Matte shades, which is a big plus IMO.

Cons:
Color payoff was hit or miss. The nude base shades were good for the most part, and applied well, but the transition shades I found hard to blend and barely showed up. The deep shades were exceptionally difficult for me to get to blend. After several weeks of trying I always found myself frustrated with how my looks turned out and I lost patience and went back to Viseart/ABH/MUG palettes.

I used primers, I've got high quality brushes. I don't have the patience to have to work at making a palette work for me when there are others that do the job without a lot of effort. Maybe I got spoiled with the quality of other palettes, but I just couldn't with this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

love this palette sometimes more than my naked palette which is one of my favorites. If you are debating on buying this I say go for it, you won't regret it. I went on vacation and only brought this palette and fell in love with it all over again.

on 12/30/2016 11:08:00 AM

I love this palette, specifically for traveling. The packaging is gorgeous and the color selection is so beautiful. The formula is not my favorite, but still works wonderfully. I highly recommend it 💞

I regretted this purchase at first - they were chalky on my NC37 eyelids and did not wow me at all, but as I played around with it more, and discovered the different ways I could use the shades & their 'correct' combinations, I decided this may well be the best palette I have in my collection! When I travel and if I had to minimise the number of makeup items to bring, I bring this palette. I use Charmer mainly as a browbone highlight, the shimmer shades in my inner corners and the two darkest shades as brow powder (foiled they make great eyeliners, too!) and what didn't use to work on my lids because they were chalky now make great contouring powders! Jetsetter and Smartypants are great for subtly reshaping my nose.

I have many neutral palettes: Lunasol, ABH, Shu Uemura, MAC, Becca, as well as those from Chanel and Charlotte Tilbury to name a few, but while I love them I reach for Tartlette in Bloom the most these days.