Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

4.4

on 1/28/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not much to say about this palette that hasn't already been said - I love it and I've actually found myself ignoring my UD Naked Palettes (all of them) in favor of this one. I love that you can use the dark colors as liners, and I love how they arranged them by color family from top to bottom. I definitely want to check out some of Tarte's other palettes now!

on 1/24/2018 10:48:00 PM

Not much to add that hasn't already been said about this fabulous palette... Perfect shades for everyday, buttery soft, great wear time, beautiful packaging you always get with Tarte products, no one in this price range beats Tarte on luxe packaging, and most higher priced brands don't either. This is a palette you can travel with, and a great basic everyone needs. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice palette with a good selection of neutrals, a shimmer or two to make it interesting, and packaging that is nice to work out of and isn't excessive or bulky. I like that the eye shadow formula is consistent with every color and is similar to the tartelette all matte palette so I know what to expect from it. I get a good 11+ hours of wear and it doesn't fade or crease. I wish I tried this sooner as there are a few palettes i got from other brands that I wouldn't have gotten if I had this first.
I typically stay within a row most palettes when doing an eye look as I'm terrible at mixing colors, but I haven't been on this one because all of the colors in it work together well. I think the shade firecracker is the prettiest and encourages me to step outside of my comfort zone (being of course matte shades because they typically don't go wrong.) If I ever had to start my palette collection over again this (and the other tartelette) woukd most definitely be my choice!

on 3/16/2017 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been on the fence about purchasing this as I've never used Tarte products before but after a lot of going back and forth, I decided to purchase it. Let me say, I'm not disappointed. I think it is very pigmented and the colors blend very well. I'm not sure about one of the other reviews saying that several of the colors look the same after swatching them, I think each color is very distinct. I was thrilled when I purchased it. The first time ever wearing it, happened to be the day that I went to my eye doctor, and she told me that she loved my eyeshadow and that it looked really pretty, she even asked me what it was. I told her thanks and that her comment made me feel much better about purchasing it. My daughter has used a few of their products and just loves them so I thought I would try it. I just ordered their Amazonian Clay pro-palette and can't wait to get my hands on it now!! I've used pretty much all eyeshadows from low end to very high end, this so far is one of my favorites!! I will say that I do use an eyeshadow primer with it because my eyelids are oily, but I use it with any eyeshadow I put on. It makes it stay on from 5:30 a.m. until I decide to take it off, even if it's midnight or after.

I regretted this purchase at first - they were chalky on my NC37 eyelids and did not wow me at all, but as I played around with it more, and discovered the different ways I could use the shades & their 'correct' combinations, I decided this may well be the best palette I have in my collection! When I travel and if I had to minimise the number of makeup items to bring, I bring this palette. I use Charmer mainly as a browbone highlight, the shimmer shades in my inner corners and the two darkest shades as brow powder (foiled they make great eyeliners, too!) and what didn't use to work on my lids because they were chalky now make great contouring powders! Jetsetter and Smartypants are great for subtly reshaping my nose.

I have many neutral palettes: Lunasol, ABH, Shu Uemura, MAC, Becca, as well as those from Chanel and Charlotte Tilbury to name a few, but while I love them I reach for Tartlette in Bloom the most these days.

on 1/2/2017 12:01:00 AM

Really trying to love this! I was sold immediately on the colors and the ratio of matte to shimmer. I've had it for a week and am really disappointed in the staying power. My UD eyeshadow palettes last all day. These Tarte colors are barely there after a few hours!!! I use quality primers and brushes, not sure where it's all gone wrong!!!

Ok, I'll be one of the (few) outliers. I did not like this palette, and after struggling with it repeatedly I returned it. I had very high hopes for this to be my go-to everyday palette for travel, to enable me to lighten my load, yet still achieve a range of looks. I had to write this review out of frustration, especially given that it worked so well for others. See below for the pros and cons...

Pros:
Packaging is super slim and pretty, with a nice mirror inside. Solid.
Color selection is every thing it should be for a palette that covers most looks. Primarily Matte shades, which is a big plus IMO.

Cons:
Color payoff was hit or miss. The nude base shades were good for the most part, and applied well, but the transition shades I found hard to blend and barely showed up. The deep shades were exceptionally difficult for me to get to blend. After several weeks of trying I always found myself frustrated with how my looks turned out and I lost patience and went back to Viseart/ABH/MUG palettes.

I used primers, I've got high quality brushes. I don't have the patience to have to work at making a palette work for me when there are others that do the job without a lot of effort. Maybe I got spoiled with the quality of other palettes, but I just couldn't with this one.

on 11/24/2016 2:16:00 AM

Love the packaging and the color payoff just beautiful highly recommend

on 7/23/2016 9:02:00 PM

Just tried it for a bride. Attractive packaging. Nice colors, variable in pigment payoff, quite a lot of fallout below the eye. If you like to do eyes before foundation and concealer, this might work for you.

on 6/17/2016 2:15:00 PM

I had been eyeing this palette for a looooooooooooong time. My daughter knew I was interested in it, and bought it for me for Mother's Day. It took me a little while to figure it out, but I am loving it. I will admit to watching many Youtube tutorials on it, then figuring out what worked best on me. A few of the colors I know I will NEVER use, but most work well, and the more I use it the more daring I tend to be. I have not been able to complete an entire look from it without using atleast one shade from another palette to help me complete the look. Surprisingly, it smells like cocoa and I love it. Yes, I think it's pricey, but if you look at all the shades you get, it's a pretty good deal. The quality of the shadows are wonderful, and blend well. All in all, I am glad I have it and use is almost every day -- even though I use it in combination with other pallettes.

Popular Palettes