Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette In Bloom Clay Palette

Filtered by age: 30-35
Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette In Bloom Clay Palette

4.6

I love love love this palette!!! My reasons will be listed below-

Packaging- The eyeshadows are housed in a gorgeous plastic case with a large mirror. The palette feels heavy and luxurious in the hand.

Shade Range- While this is a neutral palette, there are a lot of shades and combos you could do. You could use the shades for an everyday look, or smoke out your eyes for a sultry night time look.

Price- While this palette is $46, I think it's definitely worth the money. All of the shades perform amazing with the exception of one or two.

Eyeshadow quality- All of the shades are buttery and smooth, but there are two that I do struggle with in terms of application, and blendability. Funny Girl is a gorgeous golden champagne shade that swatches amazing with the finger, but with a brush it struggles. I'm only able to use that shade with my finger. Rebel and Leader are also beautiful shades, but are difficult to blend out and make work. Sometimes they can look patchy if you don't apply a base on top of your eye primer (like a creamy white shadow.) All of the other shades work great! I've been using Smokeshow and Activist as my eyeliner and they work like a dream. Also, the shadows have a yummy vanilla/chocolate scent.

Overall thoughts: If you're in the market for a staple palette for everyday makeup looks then look no further! This is for you! If you like color in your palette (there isn't much bright colors if any) or if you have lots of palettes that are for neutral looks then you may be able to dupe this in your own collection.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a really lovely everyday neutral palette that would work for a variety of skin tones and undertones. The mattes are buttery and super-blendable, and the shimmers are so pretty. The outer packaging is nice, and I love that Tarte had the foresight to arrange the palette in a cohesive way. I don't think I would repurchase this, though, due to the fact that Tarte has had many missteps regarding embracing diversity in the beauty industry and posting very racist/offensive things on their social media accounts. I think they make lovely products, but in the year 2018 they aren't doing enough to make those products accessible or useful to people of color and I cannot support that. If they change their business model and make up for the bad things they've done in the past regarding representation and diversity I will reconsider, but until then I cannot support their brand.

on 9/24/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I lave this palette! Great neutrals (my “to go” colors always) and a few shimmer shades to just jazz it up a bit, this makes the palette an overall lovely contrast, perfect for all occasions. I have no issues with crashing or fading, and my skin is quite oily as well as because I’m 33, I am beginning to show fine lines around my eyes, these shows lay lovely without falling into my fine lines.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was originally interested in this palette because of all the hype. The colors are right up my alley. Neutrals, warm tones...this seemed perfect. I swatched all the colors every time I went into Ulta and waivered over whether I should finally get it. So I did. And I just don't get it. I don't understand why everyone loves this so much! The dark colors are hard and chalky. Couldn't use them as liners because I ended up with insane fallout, even if I dampened the brush. The pale shimmer is flaky and awful. The cool tone one at the top was okay, but didn't look right on my skintone. Firecracker is the only shade in this palette I liked. Not worth it to keep just for that. The other pale mattes weren't pigmented enough to be used alone as lid shades, and I have other similar colors I like more for the crease. Meh, I think there are better palettes out there. Though the outside of the palette is beautiful, and the large mirror is nice.

on 7/27/2017 2:46:00 AM

I was first introduced to Tarte through the reviews on YouTube. I purchased the Tartelette palette as soon as Sephora opened in Australia. The formula of the Bloom is even better than the first. I have oily lids and as you may know this means my eye-shadows cannot last the day without a good primer (I suggest Elf or MAC paint pot). Tarte's shadows worked and lasted without primer, I was amazed. I love using these shadows as a base to make other palette shadows last longer on my eyes. But even with this achievement, I can say I love the Tartlette in Bloom for it's colours more.

There isn't a colour I don't like. The powders are softer than the Tartlette and blend into skin so smoothly and effortlessly. If you are looking for everyday natural looks this is the palette. I also LOVE the shimmers in this. I'm not into high glimmer / shimmer looks, but love the iridescent glow these sheens add to any look. You can top them over other shadows and they fix and look stunning. Absolutely love. Also the light shimmer shade on the left corner is beautiful as a topper (I don't tend to use it as a shadow).

I would definitely recommend especially to my oily girls.

Can't live without this palette! The mattes blend effortlessly and the shimmers are so gorgeous. Such a versatile palette. From super smokey to soft and pretty. This palette suits every skin tone.

on 4/2/2017 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Must have palette for both everyday and going out looks. Blends great with lots of options. One of few large purchases that I don't regret

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this palette so much and I use it every day. Good pigmentation, blendable, good color choices.

on 12/30/2016 11:08:00 AM

I love this palette, specifically for traveling. The packaging is gorgeous and the color selection is so beautiful. The formula is not my favorite, but still works wonderfully. I highly recommend it 💞

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The Tartelette in bloom is hands down my favorite palette. I have Naked1 and 2, Smashbox Full Exposure, and Too Faced palettes and the Tartelette is still the winner. I can make so many different looks with this and love the quality of the eyeshadow. The pigment and ease of application is great. The packaging is sturdy and functional as well as beautiful. I love the mattes and shimmers. Smells amazing. This is that one palette that I open and stare at for no reason. I also bought the Tartelette Tease as a supplement (it doesn't need a supplement, but the colors are just different enough to make it worth it) and it is on par with quality too.

The shadows blend easy. It was a great palette for a beginner. It has an array of transition and crease shades. It is the palette that requires the least thought and planning for me to put together a look.

Longevity update: today I ran for over an hour in the rain. My eyeshadow still looked the same as when I left the house. Can't say the same for my mascara. Just makes me love this palette more!