Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

Filtered by age: 19-24
Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

4.4

on 6/14/2018 8:01:00 PM

not that much of a fan. the colors weren’t that pigmented and had a lot of fallout. Defiantly wouldn’t buy again.

on 6/14/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I own three tarte eyeshadow palettes and I just don't understand the hype for them. This one and the matte clay palette especially. I have tried countless times to make them work and used them everyday, so I got used to the fact they never lasted more than a few hours on my lids. I forgot other eyeshadow doesn't fade after a few hours constantly. The worst part is that it blends into one color no matter what you do. No primer or light hand can help this. It doesn't transition or have a gradient it just turns into one muddy brown color. The shimmer shades are pretty but there are only three of them. The packagaing is very pretty and of course Tarte always has the best mirrors in their palettes ever. The top of mine shattered the clear coating and the floral part chipped off the first week. I got the too faced natural palette and wa s blown away how much better eyeshadow can be. I was so used to using this sub par one I had forgotten. They don't blend into one color and the last ALL DAY! Tarte eyeshadow are a waste of money.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite eyeshadow palette that I use daily. I use the shade Jetsetter on my crease and lower lid everyday and I find that it's a perfect transition shade. I use funny girl on my lid and it really makes my eyes pop and the darker shades blended in my outer V and I'm good to go. These eyeshadows last really long on me with my Urban Decay primer potion. I love the packaging of this palette and love that there's a big, nice quality mirror which I use daily too. I love the smell of the eyeshadows too, reminds me of the Too Faced Chocolate bar palette scent but softer.
I like how these are more neutral/cool shades rather than super warm shades as I find really warm shades don't flatter my cool-ish fair skin tone, so this palette is perfect for me and I will buy another one when I run out. Love this!

on 2/13/2018 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

tl;dr This was my first big-girl palette. I think it's a good neutral palette for beginners given the quality and color selection, but it has a few flaws. I'd probably not repurchase if I lost it or ran out, because there's so much other eyeshadow I want to try, though I would be sad about not having Rebel anymore.

Pros:
1. Most shades are very nice, soft, and easy to blend.
2. Good, basic selection of colors. A cream, a peachy “base shade” for light to medium-toned people, a couple dark shades for liner, a warm and a cool transition/crease shade, and three shimmers.
3. It’s mostly matte. This could be a pro or a con depending on your preferences, but I’m glad that a palette exists that’s the inverse of the Naked palettes’ “you get exactly three (3) mattes” thing.
4. The standout shade (for me): Rebel! It’s a beautiful red-toned medium-deep brown. Obviously red/warm tones are super in now, and Rebel’s a bit subtler than e.g. Modern Renaissance. Great for the outer V, great for deepening the crease in more dramatic looks, great for darkening the lower lashline and pulling together the look.
5. It smells like chocolate! Not gross, artificial chocolate either, but like proper cacao powder, with a bit of vanilla. Tarte doesn’t advertise this fact - goodness knows why - but it was a really nice surprise, and having something so nice-smelling makes me happy in the mornings when I use it.
Cons:
1. I feel like the three dark shades on the right are samey; the palette would be better with a chocolate brown and a purple instead of Smokeshow and Activist, which are quite similar to me.
2. Funny Girl, the gold shimmer, is disappointing, in a way that's difficult to describe. It’s like it’s not very opaque? Or it reads as just a lot of gold glitter particles - not as a single coherent color.
3. The paint on the packaging - the pink/purple design, not the gold - is slowly but surely cracking, flaking off and getting everywhere. Everything else about the packaging - snap closure, mirror, general sturdiness - is nice though.
4. Darker shades have some blendability isuses, but I mostly use them for liner so it's not an issue for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've owned a fair amount of eye shadow palettes from both drugstore and high end brands, but I've never been amazed by any (even the cult classic Naked palettes). Usually I'll only use 3-4 shades and leave a large portion unused, but this palette is freaking amazing! It's so perfectly suited towards those with neutral-cool skin tones, it can be used for everyday toned down looks as well as amped up night out looks, buildable coverage, buttery and not powdery looking at all, not a ton of fall out and best of all every shade can be used with each other! Bonus points for gorgeous packaging and a giant side to side mirror.

I honestly use this palette every single day, I have no desire to use anything else. If they discontinued this I would cry

on 10/31/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such an amazing palette! I love the combination of warm and cool tones; they work on a variety of skin tones. I can create dramatic and wearable/everyday looks. The shadows are pigmented and very blendable. Some shades do have a bit of fallout, but if you do your eye makeup before your foundation & concealer it shouldn’t be an issue.

on 10/17/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

THIS IS SUCH A GORGEOUS PALETTE.

First of all, the packaging is a work of art; a gorgeous gilded palette with a lovely floral cover and a good sized mirror. The shadows themselves - 9 mattes and 3 shimmers- are beautifully pigmented, blendable and smell divine too. I love the range of neutral/warm shades ranging from light to dark with hints of peach, bronze, aubergine and chestnut that would suit practically every skin tone in some way or another. It's a great palette for those who like more muted and wearable eye looks- perfect for both work and parties. It costs around £41 which is a bit steep for an eyeshadow palette but at least you get 12 shadows.

All the colours are easy to work with, blend like a dream and stay put all day without feathering or fading away. Of course, if you have oily lids like I do, I'd recommend an eyeshadow primer (I use a MAC paintpot: Soft Ochre) and the eyeshadow does not budge.

This has got to be one of my all time favourite palettes, it's aesthetically and practically a truly great palette.

on 9/1/2017 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is absolutely gorgeous. The pigmentation is beautiful, colours come out gorgeous and it has the perfect blend of neutral colours. Good balance of lid to crease colours, and you can create so many gorgeous looks with this palette. If you wanted a nice simple day look and change into a sexy evening look, this gives you all the options. I bought this palette for my mom and she loves it as well since she isnt a fan of a lot of shimmer shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an absolutely fantastic palette. I find all the mattes to work really well as transition shades and in the outer-v and each one has a distinct purpose for me. I find I can use this for everyday looks, for work, for going out, for special events - everything.

I love the shade firecracker, it's the perfect shimmer to create a smoky/monochromatic eye and then funny girl as a lid highlight. These stay on alll day and give so much warmth to the eye. The shade rocker is so underrated IMHO, it's a silvery-taupe satin/shimmer that wears really well as a subtle lid colour for work or daytime events.

If you're not sure about the formula or if you need all of these shades, check out the little tartelette tease palette. It's the same formula with similar shades and perfect for travel.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The perfect palette for a beginner or even a pro! 12 pigmented, buttery, to-die-for shadows. Some do have fallout, but all in all, this is an amazing palette to dive into. Shadows are easily blendable and simply stunning. A must have