Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

4.6

on 11/5/2017 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay, so I'm no pro at makeup and lowkey suck at blending, also, I don't own any expensive or amazing brushes either. I got this because of all the rave reviews and the first time I tried it I fell madly in love with it. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the very first time I used the shade called "Leader" it would not blend out for the life of me at all, it was just all this dark colour focused in on one spot. However, this only happened on one eye and it blended beautifully on the other eye. These colours are absolutely stunning when swatched and when applied to the eyes, the matte shades are phenomenal and blend like butter. These colours are quite powdery though, which I have no issue with but if you do then just keep that in mind. Another thing, every time I apply anything on my lid which had shimmer in it, my crease would sparkle as soon as I fully opened my eyes, but that never happened with this palette which I'm so thankful for. Overall, this is my new holy grail eyeshadow palette and I'd recommend it to everyone and anyone!

on 6/4/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This palette is so so beautiful. When I first used my fingers to swatch it on my hand, it was not pigmented as I expected but when I dipped my brushes into it and applied it on my eyelid, it appeared very niceee. The shimmery shades are not pigmented as the matte ones. I love using 'jetsetter' to contour my nose and 'leader' on my lower lash line. The mirror is of great quality and big enough to do full face makeup. However, the palette shows fingerprints like crazy and becomes dirty easily by the fallouts, but it can be cleansed easily by a tissue so I think this palette is worthy.

This was another random uy and let me tell you it was 100% worth it. This is a perfect starter palette for anyone starting makeup. It has mattes. lights, darks, and shimmers in it and they are highly pigmented.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So one of my lovely friends brought this palette home for me from the US since you cant get it in Sweden and tarte's shipping is really expensive to EU sadly. This makes me kind of anxious on what do to if I ever finish it because lets just break it I love this palette!

I would say if you're new to makeup or have a smaller collection this would be a great "do it all" palette to start with! It has almost everything you would need in a palette as you get both neutral, warm and cool shadows. The colourselection is really good aswell, you got your dark smokey colours as well as lighter neutrals and more pinky/red tones as well.

It has 3 shimmer shadows (or as tarte calls them "luster shadows") and they are all really pretty (I think they would look really nice on a lot of skintones too), they aren't crazy pigmented (you can give them that extra "umph" with fix+ and/or a glitter glue if you like though) but nicely balanced and very forgiving if you mess up applying them therefor theyre again very begineer friendly.
The mattes are easy to blend and got just the right pigmentation, mind you though these are soft shadows so they do have a bit of a kick up when you go to put your brush in them but nothing I mind personally. They also smell like vanilla which was a pleasent suprise.
The only thing I'm missing in this palette is a classic warm toned brown, transition colour style. If it had that this would guranteed be my #1 travel buddy.

What more can I say, the packaging is stunning and feels sturdy/secure but its not in any way bulky which again is nice for travel. The price was about 430 sek which is about 47 dollars and i feel like its a fair price, theres more expensive stuff out there that isnt nearly as good quality as this!

on 12/28/2016 3:24:00 AM

This is a very good pallet over all. there is a very wide range of colors and they are all super pigmented and the shimmer/ glitter colors in the pallet do show up very well.

I think it's a very good palette for just normal days, and you can get alot of makeup look out of it. The price is a little bit to much, when i think about the shimmers. It's not the best pigment ever, so i would not say that the price too good.

on 5/4/2016 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

YES, YES, and YES! This is my favorite palette ever by far! The colors are beautiful and highly pigmented. There are so many different looks to make with this palette. It's one of those palettes that I will never leave at home when I travel. If you don't have it and are reading this review... go get it!