Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint - Namaste

2.0

on 12/11/2017 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product from a family member, and I have the small sample size. I have light-medium olive skin and this lip paint is definitely a very pink shade (sort of like a ballet pink). When applied alone, I definitely would not wear it because it looks too light for my skin tone, and not in a flattering way. The shade is very specific and I don't think it would work with a variety of skin tones.

That being said, I have found a way to work with this product, and I really the result. I use a Prestige lipliner in mocha underneath it, and put the lip paint on my entire bottom lip and then work it into my lips. It dries quickly for me and is definitely a matte lip. The lip paint even plumps my lips up a bit, which I like, and it doesn't feel too drying. I wear matte lips all the time, so I'm used to my lips feeling a bit dry, but those who don't like that feeling may want to avoid this product because it definitely doesn't feel hydrating.

I'm planning to try other, deeper shades in full size versions so yes, I would buy this product again. I don't think it's the cheapest product for what it actually is, but I prefer it over other liquid lipsticks I've tried so far. I recommend getting a sample size, as some people seem to dislike this lip paint's texture and finish.

If I eat, this product definitely does not last through that. Drinking is fine, and it stays on for a few hours. It does feel like there is product on my lips, but it's not sticky. It may feel cakey to some, so even though I like it, I would strongly recommend getting a sample size before buying a full size.

on 8/1/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Honestly, there is nothing good about this lipstick and I have loads of liquid lipsticks.

This one goes on very thick and moussy and if you try to put a thin layer on, it isn't the most opaque. Maybe it is the color I have - Namaste - which is the lightest color in the range, I believe. I love the color, but the formula is awful. It also shows every lip line.

It also doesn't fully dry down, so it will transfer. I don't mind that, but if you are looking for something long wearing, this isn't it.

I don't enjoy the minty smell of this either, it makes me gag sometimes.

There are so many liquid lipstick formulas out there that there's really no reason to put up with this one. Sorry Tarte!