Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint - Namaste

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint - Namaste

2.5

on 12/18/2017 1:33:00 AM

First of all, I read through ALL the reviews below mine before I put in this review. I think a lot of them are not familiar with Tarte’s lip paint products, as they kept going on and on about how this would transfer like crazy etc.. Tarte has 2 types of lip paints - quick dry matte lip paint AND creamy matte lip paint. ‘Namaste’ belongs to the latter type, which is the creamy matte lip paint. If you’d taken time to go to their website and read up, you’d know that the creamy lip paints aren’t supposed to dry down after application, nor it is smudge-proof. And if you prefer the super dry and transfer-free type, you should have gone with the Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint instead. I love the color ‘Namaste’ and I have bought many of tarte’s lip paint in various shades for both the quick dry and the creamy type. The texture of ‘Namaste’ is really creamy and if I wanted to make the color more lasting, I’d dab a tissue over my lips post-application just to remove the excess ‘creamy’ texture and that would leave me with a cleaner look.

on 12/11/2017 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product from a family member, and I have the small sample size. I have light-medium olive skin and this lip paint is definitely a very pink shade (sort of like a ballet pink). When applied alone, I definitely would not wear it because it looks too light for my skin tone, and not in a flattering way. The shade is very specific and I don't think it would work with a variety of skin tones.

That being said, I have found a way to work with this product, and I really the result. I use a Prestige lipliner in mocha underneath it, and put the lip paint on my entire bottom lip and then work it into my lips. It dries quickly for me and is definitely a matte lip. The lip paint even plumps my lips up a bit, which I like, and it doesn't feel too drying. I wear matte lips all the time, so I'm used to my lips feeling a bit dry, but those who don't like that feeling may want to avoid this product because it definitely doesn't feel hydrating.

I'm planning to try other, deeper shades in full size versions so yes, I would buy this product again. I don't think it's the cheapest product for what it actually is, but I prefer it over other liquid lipsticks I've tried so far. I recommend getting a sample size, as some people seem to dislike this lip paint's texture and finish.

If I eat, this product definitely does not last through that. Drinking is fine, and it stays on for a few hours. It does feel like there is product on my lips, but it's not sticky. It may feel cakey to some, so even though I like it, I would strongly recommend getting a sample size before buying a full size.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a deluxe size of this shade in a Sephora favorites set. Bleghh. The color is pretty - a light peachy nude - but the formula is atrocious. It's oily/moussey and never dries down. It just sits on top of your lips and easily slides around. And idk if it's a shade-specific thing but this one is impossible to get an even application of. Really unflattering up close. You should probably use a lip liner with this.

Also my tube keeps leaking oil (yes it somehow gets on the outside of the packaging!) so I had to isolate it from my other lip products lol.

on 8/1/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Honestly, there is nothing good about this lipstick and I have loads of liquid lipsticks.

This one goes on very thick and moussy and if you try to put a thin layer on, it isn't the most opaque. Maybe it is the color I have - Namaste - which is the lightest color in the range, I believe. I love the color, but the formula is awful. It also shows every lip line.

It also doesn't fully dry down, so it will transfer. I don't mind that, but if you are looking for something long wearing, this isn't it.

I don't enjoy the minty smell of this either, it makes me gag sometimes.

There are so many liquid lipstick formulas out there that there's really no reason to put up with this one. Sorry Tarte!