Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint - Namaste

2.2

on 12/11/2017 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product from a family member, and I have the small sample size. I have light-medium olive skin and this lip paint is definitely a very pink shade (sort of like a ballet pink). When applied alone, I definitely would not wear it because it looks too light for my skin tone, and not in a flattering way. The shade is very specific and I don't think it would work with a variety of skin tones.

That being said, I have found a way to work with this product, and I really the result. I use a Prestige lipliner in mocha underneath it, and put the lip paint on my entire bottom lip and then work it into my lips. It dries quickly for me and is definitely a matte lip. The lip paint even plumps my lips up a bit, which I like, and it doesn't feel too drying. I wear matte lips all the time, so I'm used to my lips feeling a bit dry, but those who don't like that feeling may want to avoid this product because it definitely doesn't feel hydrating.

I'm planning to try other, deeper shades in full size versions so yes, I would buy this product again. I don't think it's the cheapest product for what it actually is, but I prefer it over other liquid lipsticks I've tried so far. I recommend getting a sample size, as some people seem to dislike this lip paint's texture and finish.

If I eat, this product definitely does not last through that. Drinking is fine, and it stays on for a few hours. It does feel like there is product on my lips, but it's not sticky. It may feel cakey to some, so even though I like it, I would strongly recommend getting a sample size before buying a full size.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the grossest looking stuff I have ever put on my lips. It looked like a thick layer of peachy, orangey concealer/latex paint on my mouth. Horrible! My two sons (in their early 20s) happened to see me try this on, and they both said they've never seen anything as disgusting-looking on a girl. So if you want to gross guys out (and probably everyone else who sees you) - this is your lip product. Lol

on 9/3/2016 10:25:00 PM

I really wanted to love this one. Unfortunately, the formula does not live up to the hype. I like the color - a nude peachy pink, but it goes on very streaky and patchy. I tried using very little and it still goes on patchy and settles into lip lines. I do not like the feel of liquid lipsticks in general, they are comfortable for about 10 minutes, and then become dry. This one is no exception, it becomes dry, uncomfortable, and it cracks. Another thing I have noticed with this one is the fact that it is very sticky while it dries. I put this lipstick on, and when I press my lips together, they become stuck. And not just slightly, but really, significantly stuck. And that is a deal breaker for me. It makes me want to run and scrape the lipstick off, along with my lips. For a good, pigmented, comfortable, and long-lasting look I always turn to Maybelline Matte line.

on 7/11/2016 5:10:00 PM

Maybe I don't understand this product? It is sort of difficult to apply due to a longer than normal doefoot. It has a smooth, mousse-y texture. This particular color is ugly. I'm an NW15 and it looks like concealer lips on me. It doesn't dry, and it transfers like crazy. It doesn't smell bad (minty), I'll give it that.

on 3/10/2016 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as part of a Sephora nude lipsticks package, so I only have a deluxe sample size. I like it, I have to say. The color is pretty, but a touch paler nude than I prefer -- on me it's kind of a 1960s mod lip look (almost) albeit a touch darker and more natural looking.

I have one of the Revlon matte lip paints that performs very similarly to this, at half the price, and the formula is less heavy (though the Tarte isn't very heavy at all) and that color works a bit better with my lips' natural shade, since the Revlon is a touch pinker and a touch darker.

But this does feel nice and velvety and applies smoothly. It doesn't set dry but stays sort of velvety without feeling sticky or uncomfortable. Wear time is decent. I'd probably be more impressed if I hadn't found a cheaper alternative that I'm very happy with. Someone in search of a nude matte lip look would probably like this -- and I don't notice Tarte's sometimes strong minty scent and flavor with this either, for what it's worth.