Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint - Namaste

Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint - Namaste

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I keep trying to love these Tarte Lip Paints, but the whole appeal of liquid lipsticks is that they dry down matte and wear for hours, and these just don't. It looks matte, but it feels slippery and mousse-y even after given ample time to dry down. It transfers as much as a lipgloss, so be prepared to reapply after every drink and meal, because this doesn't look so cute when it gets patchy.
This is a lovely color- a pale pinky peachy nude that doesn't turn orange on me. It's kind of the lipstick equivalent of NARS' Turkish Delight. It applies evenly and opaquely, and does look great when it's freshly brushed on. It's just unfortunate that it can't stay on my lips, because if the formula dried down it might be my all-time fave.

on 3/10/2016 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as part of a Sephora nude lipsticks package, so I only have a deluxe sample size. I like it, I have to say. The color is pretty, but a touch paler nude than I prefer -- on me it's kind of a 1960s mod lip look (almost) albeit a touch darker and more natural looking.

I have one of the Revlon matte lip paints that performs very similarly to this, at half the price, and the formula is less heavy (though the Tarte isn't very heavy at all) and that color works a bit better with my lips' natural shade, since the Revlon is a touch pinker and a touch darker.

But this does feel nice and velvety and applies smoothly. It doesn't set dry but stays sort of velvety without feeling sticky or uncomfortable. Wear time is decent. I'd probably be more impressed if I hadn't found a cheaper alternative that I'm very happy with. Someone in search of a nude matte lip look would probably like this -- and I don't notice Tarte's sometimes strong minty scent and flavor with this either, for what it's worth.