Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint - Namaste

2.7

on 1/22/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

first off, i bought this because it matched the color of my nails and that excited me because i'm ridiculous haha

ok, so... where do i start? this product is very meh. it isn't good and it isn't horrible, either. applying it is very easy with the applicator and the formula is thick and very pigmented so there are no issues with patchiness whatsoever - it's almost a sort of whipped, mousse-like texture. however, it never dries. ever. i mean, it dries down a little to the point where it's matte, but it stays slightly tacky. and don't even get me started on the transfer... this stuff transfers like a bitch, honestly! anything you eat, anyone you kiss, anything your lips touch will get covered in this. i prefer liquid lipsticks that are completely transfer proof so this is a huge bummer.

however, the good thing that comes with the fact that it never fully dries down is that it does retain a fair bit of moisture in your lips. it's nowhere near as drying as traditional liquid lipsticks, which might be an okay tradeoff if you have severely dry winter lips. but for me, i'm not too big of a fan.

I got this in my Sephora Give Me Lip Nude Lip Sampler in a mini size. I'm sure full retail is quite $$$ (to me over $20+ is pushing the envelope a bit but I would spend it if I really like something eg Chanel Glossimers), but I digress. I agree w review below this is a moussey texture that never quite completely dries but that's okay, I'm not into the traditional liquid lipsticks that dry so drily dreadful matte. The "slip" makes it make u feel like u have a NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream or NYX Suede gloss even Loreal Infallible Matte Gloss so as u can see it's pretty easily duped. I would rec'd NYX Stockholm maybe? I'm leaving "maybe" for repurchase. I have to find out how much it retails for coz price pointe factors weighs heavily in my makeup buying decisions. Don't get me wrong this is BETTER than NYX but check them out if u need to kill a $$$ lemming.

on 3/10/2016 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as part of a Sephora nude lipsticks package, so I only have a deluxe sample size. I like it, I have to say. The color is pretty, but a touch paler nude than I prefer -- on me it's kind of a 1960s mod lip look (almost) albeit a touch darker and more natural looking.

I have one of the Revlon matte lip paints that performs very similarly to this, at half the price, and the formula is less heavy (though the Tarte isn't very heavy at all) and that color works a bit better with my lips' natural shade, since the Revlon is a touch pinker and a touch darker.

But this does feel nice and velvety and applies smoothly. It doesn't set dry but stays sort of velvety without feeling sticky or uncomfortable. Wear time is decent. I'd probably be more impressed if I hadn't found a cheaper alternative that I'm very happy with. Someone in search of a nude matte lip look would probably like this -- and I don't notice Tarte's sometimes strong minty scent and flavor with this either, for what it's worth.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This thing really dried up my lips. Really disappointed considering it's expensive. I'll recommend Dose of Colors- Truffle instead.

on 7/6/2016 9:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this review is for this specific colour which does not work on me. It's a nude matte, very nude on me, like concealer on my lips. I don't like this look for myself. I got it as a 100 point sephora deluxe sample. The formula itself is really nice. It's not quite a liquid more like a mousse, weird creamy, fluffy texture that I actually like. Coverage is opaque and it's very comfortable to wear. Would not repurchase this shade, may try others.

on 7/11/2016 5:10:00 PM

Maybe I don't understand this product? It is sort of difficult to apply due to a longer than normal doefoot. It has a smooth, mousse-y texture. This particular color is ugly. I'm an NW15 and it looks like concealer lips on me. It doesn't dry, and it transfers like crazy. It doesn't smell bad (minty), I'll give it that.

on 8/1/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Honestly, there is nothing good about this lipstick and I have loads of liquid lipsticks.

This one goes on very thick and moussy and if you try to put a thin layer on, it isn't the most opaque. Maybe it is the color I have - Namaste - which is the lightest color in the range, I believe. I love the color, but the formula is awful. It also shows every lip line.

It also doesn't fully dry down, so it will transfer. I don't mind that, but if you are looking for something long wearing, this isn't it.

I don't enjoy the minty smell of this either, it makes me gag sometimes.

There are so many liquid lipstick formulas out there that there's really no reason to put up with this one. Sorry Tarte!

on 9/3/2016 10:25:00 PM

I really wanted to love this one. Unfortunately, the formula does not live up to the hype. I like the color - a nude peachy pink, but it goes on very streaky and patchy. I tried using very little and it still goes on patchy and settles into lip lines. I do not like the feel of liquid lipsticks in general, they are comfortable for about 10 minutes, and then become dry. This one is no exception, it becomes dry, uncomfortable, and it cracks. Another thing I have noticed with this one is the fact that it is very sticky while it dries. I put this lipstick on, and when I press my lips together, they become stuck. And not just slightly, but really, significantly stuck. And that is a deal breaker for me. It makes me want to run and scrape the lipstick off, along with my lips. For a good, pigmented, comfortable, and long-lasting look I always turn to Maybelline Matte line.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a deluxe size of this shade in a Sephora favorites set. Bleghh. The color is pretty - a light peachy nude - but the formula is atrocious. It's oily/moussey and never dries down. It just sits on top of your lips and easily slides around. And idk if it's a shade-specific thing but this one is impossible to get an even application of. Really unflattering up close. You should probably use a lip liner with this.

Also my tube keeps leaking oil (yes it somehow gets on the outside of the packaging!) so I had to isolate it from my other lip products lol.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I keep trying to love these Tarte Lip Paints, but the whole appeal of liquid lipsticks is that they dry down matte and wear for hours, and these just don't. It looks matte, but it feels slippery and mousse-y even after given ample time to dry down. It transfers as much as a lipgloss, so be prepared to reapply after every drink and meal, because this doesn't look so cute when it gets patchy.
This is a lovely color- a pale pinky peachy nude that doesn't turn orange on me. It's kind of the lipstick equivalent of NARS' Turkish Delight. It applies evenly and opaquely, and does look great when it's freshly brushed on. It's just unfortunate that it can't stay on my lips, because if the formula dried down it might be my all-time fave.