Maybelline FaceStudio Master Fix Wear Boosting Setting Spray

Maybelline FaceStudio Master Fix Wear Boosting Setting Spray

3.2

This is a good drugstore setting spray. Maybe on the more expensive side for a drugstore item, but still much better price than something Urban Decay. I didn't find it to have a particularly strong scent (some reviewers commented on that, but didn't bother me). I like to use a setting spray to take away powdery look after doing my makeup and sort of meld it all together. This spray works well for that. I can't say if it made my make up last longer, but it didn't hurt. Best part is the even, light spray. No issues with the nozzle or spray mechanism.

on 8/27/2017 6:30:00 AM

I'm not sure about the mixed reviews of this, I like it a lot!
This is the fourth setting spray I've tried, the second drugstore one. I have dry skin and I'm yet to find a spray that I notice makes a different... until this. After using this for the first time I came home after a long day and did a double take in the mirror, my make up had hardly budged. I used nothing else different in my makeup routine, so it was this for sure. I've used it 5 times now and each time my makeup definitely has had more longevity than usual. It works better in my opinion than my Urban Decay All Nighter. My go to setting spray!

this is really the first setting spray i have used, but personally i don't like it and i wouldn't repurchase. it doesn't make my makeup last, in fact it makes it last shorter than no setting spray. i think something in the ingredients adds a coat to the face that just makes your makeup ware off more. the packaging is pretty good but the smell is awkward. it almost smells like baby wipes, fresh baby diapers or like someone sneezed in your face... i don't know... it just has an awkward scent to it..

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'll say this upfront: This is the one and only setting spray I have ever used so I'm no expert by any means. That said, either I'm not using this stuff properly (though I don't see how) or it simply doesn't work. I saw absolutely no difference in the length of wear I got out of my makeup after using this. I ultimately just stopped because it was just one more step in the morning. I personally wouldn't recommend it, but that's just me.

on 7/11/2017 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been trying a lot of setting sprays lately in a valiant effort to keep my makeup ON my face and off my friends. This one survived many cuts because a) It is hypoallergenic (Although YMMV), and b) it pretties up may makeup a little when it's looking dry. It's not the miracle worker that Fix+ is in that regard, but it's also not twenty some dollars a bottle either...

The reason I can't totally recommend it is that it actually seems to make my makeup rub off MORE. It seems to make it more "gooey" Like it's even harder to get it to set. Fix does this a little too but it also has that huge advantage of making my scruffy mug look like a smiling princess in a Disneyworld parade. Makeup is always such a trade-off!

on 4/12/2017 11:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Don't know if I would repurchase this, probably not. So this setting spray works fairly well, I only have urban decay to compare it to and I do prefer the lower price and larger size of this. I hate the scent which was the huge drawback for me, I can't stand spraying something right into my face that I despise the smell of. It's like a medicinal/bug spray type scent. I have not had any issue with the spray nozzle clogging or overspraying, it seems to set my (powder foundation) makeup well and it definitely helps it last the entire day. I think I paid about $14 at SDM for this which seems a little too high for a drugstore setting spray that I really dislike using because of the scent. I probably won't repurchase. Gave it a 4 because it does work but the scent is just so unpleasant. Will likely try L'oreal or Hard Candy next.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have started wearing make up again and i needed some thing that would make my make up stay. This is the best setting spray i have use but i must confess i add rose water toner to this bottle it keeps my make up lasting for 11 hours. It runs about 6 or 7 dollars but it is worth it.

This spray is a good deal for the rice tag it has. It does help the makeup stay on longer but if diffuses product in blobs of liquid on the face instead of it creating a soft mist. It doesnt apply evenly and it smells horrible. It smells like chemicals which is not appealing and it makes me wonder about the ingredients that it contains. I dont think it is very good for the skin.. That being said it does its job and you get what you pay for.
PROS:
- Inexpensive
- You get alot of product
- Helps with staying power of makeup and longevity
CONS:
- Smell
- Ingredients
- Application

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS STUFF!
I've tried sooooo many setting sprays, from urban decay to skindinavia; and I find this one does just as good of a job as any high end setting spray. This is just a lot cheaper
thank goodness!
Of course this stuff isn't going to make your oiliness magically disappear, I don't think i've ever come across any products that truly stop oiliness besides milk of magnesia (don't recommend, very bad for your skin)
but lets be realistic. It's very hard to keep oil under control, however, we can tame the oiliness enough to make our faces look like a 'healthy glow' rather than a massive grease ball with all of these magical sprays and powders
I'm a super oily gal but when I pair this spray with my estee lauder double wear, a setting powder and primer, this stuff just makes my face look more 'natural', less oily and really does help set everything in place.
It doesn't absolutely stop my oiliness completely, helps a bit, but who cares it's a great product and i've seen a vast improvement with how my makeup looks whenever I use it.
I'll be buying this again!!!

on 10/28/2016 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm surprised this doesn't have more reviews. Anyways, I wasn't in the mood to purchase the UD All-Nighter Setting Spray for $40, so I picked this up instead for $8 - 12. It's a decent setting spray. The smell kind of puts me off, but then again, it is a bunch of chemicals in a bottle. I haven't tried this out in the summer so I don't know how well this would hold up my makeup in heat. I'm pleased to see that it hasn't caused my skin to have any adverse reactions, which is a plus. My experience with this has just been in the fall, now transitioning into winter and I have no complaints. It rained yesterday quite heavily and I was happy to see that my makeup didn't budge during my commute after using this. I'm a fan of the packaging being all black. It may sound petty but it always annoyed me that my All Nighter Setting Spray would get dirty and have makeup residue on the exterior after being in my makeup bag due to it being white. So in conclusion, I'm satisfied with this.