wet n wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer

wet n wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer

4.3

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Dimethiconol, Nelumbo Nucifera Stamen Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Love this stuff!!! Like more than my Too Faced shadow insurance. Basically it's just hit the sweet spot of primers. It's a squeeze tube instead of a doe foot, and I personally prefer the squeeze tube. It's a creamy pale skin tone that slightly evens out your eye lid but doesn't actually cover veins or anything. It doesn't separate in the tube (ehem Too Faced). It lasts all day on my oily eye lids. It's just perfect. This is my second tube of it and I still love it. I see no reason to purchase a high end eyeshadow primer. Maybe a MAC paint pot if I want opacity but that's it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Absolute best eyeshadow primer I've ever used. I have oily lids and hooded eyes and this has been the only primer that keeps my eyeshadow from creasing for hours on end. Such an amazing product for such a low price. Will be the only eyeshadow primer I'll buy.

on 4/3/2018 5:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I first heard of this in a youtube video by Tati, I love her! Anyway and the product is so cheap so If I dodnt like It thats fine. Im so sick of buying stuff who just dont work out... This reminds me a lot of Urban decay pimers with a higher price. It makes my shadows go on smooth, blend well, make em last, creese less etc. It just improves the eye look. I set it with any powder or shadow relly it works. Practical packaging, easy so sqeese out the right amount, you dont need that much. Its quite pretty for the prce as weel. And easy travel cause of the light weight. The product will last you for ages! Im just so impressed by this little gem, I want nothing else :) The only perhaps downfall would be that it dosent cover a lot, evens out tha skintone a tiny bit, you will cover up the area anyway, and for a natural look this is a good thing. I am pale, for darker skin tones I dont know how the sahde would look.

on 4/2/2018 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I didn't expect a lot from this product but purchased it to see if the positive claims were really all that. Some background - I have very deep-set eyes with super-oily lids. The only primer that's ever held up for a full day is Urban Decay's Eye Shadow Primer Potion. But I decided to try the Wet 'n' Wild product because even if it didn't work, I'd only be out $5. And if it did work I'd save a bundle on not having to buy UD's primer!

I wore it every day for a week, applying it with a heavy hand, a lighter hand, and everything in between. I tried it with a few different eye shadows, all of which are the same ones used with the UD primer. Unfortunately I only got a few hours of wear out of this Wet 'n' Wild primer. It just wasn't a match for my biology. Also, I noticed difficulty getting my eye shadow to apply evenly and to blend well. Now I also have some challenges with the UD primer, but not nearly to the extent as with the Wet 'n' Wild primer. So this is a no-go for me. But for folks whose lids are only borderline oily and don't want to spend big $$$, I'd recommend giving it a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG!!! I have extremely oily eyelids and this makes my eyeshadow last alllll day. It’s amazing, and I can’t believe it’s so cheap. I’ll never be buying Urban’s primer potion again!!

on 4/1/2018 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It burned and stung on application to my eyelids which were normal before I put it on. It didn't last too long, but for several minutes. But I prefer to not use products that burn my sensitive eye lids. So this is a no-go for me. It's a shame as the price is good.

on 3/26/2018 3:45:00 AM

This primer dries fast so it needs to be blended well quickly. I set this with eyeshadow or setting powder after applying.
I feel like it might be a bit drying and it might not work well with dry lids. With this primer less is more, you only need a tiny bit.
I have quite oily lids, this makes my eyeshadow last all day. Very affordable.

on 3/16/2018 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is going straight to my Holy Grail, always repurchase list. I'm not gonna lie, using this product is not the most pleasant experience. It's an extremely drying primer, once it leaves the tube it dries down really fast, and if there's any small blob of product that you didn't blend out left on your eyelid, it's gonna settle down right there like a white speck of cement, and there's no way to get it off. It does make even my lids feel kinda dry and tight if I apply too much. But I still love it simply because it works, and it's the only thing that can keep my eyeshadows on well for me, just by itself, no extra powdering needed. I have very oily, hooded monolids, and whenever I want to wear eyeshadows, it's a whole process of priming with concealer then putting a really drying powder on top. I don't even wear foundation that often so it just feels like such a hassle to have to do so much just for the tiny area of my two eyes. I only need a tiny bit of the PhotoFocus primer for both of my eyelids, it dries out in less then 10 secs, and I go straight to my favourite part, applying eyeshadows. The price is unbeatable, the 10ml tube is plenty generous. I absolutely love it. I recommend putting the product on with fingers, I feel like if I use a brush, I might leave brush strokes that's harder to blend away considering the fast drying formula. Moreover, I'm afraid the left over dry product will eventually cake up on the brush I use and I like to multitask with brushes.
If you have super oily lids, this is a must have. This product is not perfect, I still get a bit of fading (mostly because that's how my lids are and the hood doesn't help) after 6-8 hours but nothing major. The only thing that beat this primer at keeping some of the particularly creamy metallic shadows on my lids is the NYX Glitter Glue. But as a staple, day to day, functional, reliable eyeshadow primer, the Wet n Wild is it for me. I know I won't need to worry about repurchase any time soon but I still want to lol. I hope Wet n Wild never discontinue this product (or if they decide to market it under a different name they'll keep the formula the same). Fingers cross.

on 2/11/2018 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used this for the first time today and it was great! My eyeshadow didn’t budge or crease so this does exactly what it is supposed to do!

on 1/26/2018 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Price- $4.99

This will be a short review because I have only one good thing to say about this, and that is that it is affordable. I really hate this primer. I thought i would give it a try since the stores always seem to be out of Milani which is my favorite. It dried my eyelids out and the eye shadow looked horrible. it made my lids look so crepey, the shadow didn't apply smoothly then it creased. I used it 3 times and all 3 times it looked so bad I removed it and used nothing but concealer. It just sucked the life right out of my lids. One of the biggest fails ever and I suspect it's not the product..... I'm thinking this works for people with oilier lids but it did not work for me at all. If I do drugstore, I'll stick with Milani. It works perfectly every time and my eyelids never dry out. Shadow never creases and never any irritation.