wet n wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer

wet n wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
PhotoFocus Eyeshadow PrimerPhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer

4.3

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Dimethiconol, Nelumbo Nucifera Stamen Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 11/11/2018 12:45:00 PM

I finally found it!!!! A drugstore eye primer that works just like the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I've been using it for over a week and I'm thrilled with it. There's no need to spend a lot of money on the other primer. No more silly wands to deal with!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was very excited to try this product based on the reviews. When applying it, it felt very nice on the eyelids. I have quite oily eyelids and need a primer for eyeshadow not to crease throughout the day.

However, this product has a huge problem. It does not play nice at all with my under-eye concealer or foundation. I have quite dark circles around my eyes, so I also apply under-eye concealer in the corners of my eyes, which will then likely 'touch' some of the area where I have applied the eyeshadow primer. I also use a bit of concealer or foundation right below my eyebrows to even out the color in that area. Wherever the concealer or foundation touches the eyeshadow primer, the result will look awful! It's hard to describe. Products that looks great everywhere else on the face will cake like crazy and look like I have incredibly dry, chapped skin. So I just had to remove the eyeshadow primer, and start my eye-makeup over again with the eyeshadow primer from Milani which works well with other products. The Milani primer is the best eyeshadow primer I have found for me so far.

on 10/26/2018 6:33:00 AM

This stuff is amazing for my oily and hooded eyelids. For the first time I have shadow that stays until I take it off! I also use it on T zone occasionally- nothing stays there until the end of the day, but it keeps shine at bay for an extra hour or so.

on 10/9/2018 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So far this is the best primer I have used and I almost like it better than UD primer potion. The price is, like, unbelievable. But besides the price, this primer honestly contends with much more expensive, brand name eye primers. Very impressed.

on 9/29/2018 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is way to tacky and sticky for an eyeshadow primer. It holds eyeshadow well, better than the Elf one. However, this has a tendency to bunch up because it’s so tacky. I find that I also have to work harder putting eyeshadow on because it will stick down in more in certain areas and look patchy. If this gets near your concealer, the primer will stick to it and mix in with it making a cakey mess. I had to wipe it off with micellar water, fix my concealer, and reapply the primer. I’ll finish using this, but will not repurchase. It’s not worth the risk!! If your trying to make it work, I recommend swiping it on with a concealer brush then patting it out with your finger.

on 9/21/2018 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use the Wet n Wild Fergie Take on the Day primer. It was too dry and hard to blend. The shadow cakes on it but there were times I applied it right and the shadows last the whole day. I have oily monolids that eyeshadow is impossible to stay on. So I bought this one and I am very satisfied. Dries matte and applying eyeshadows is now an easy task. I’d say I can’t do eye makeup without this. I will try the Milani eye primer soon.

on 9/10/2018 8:52:00 AM

This was like coming home! After 3 horrible and expensive eye primers, that just didn’t perform (benefit air patrol, NARS smudgeproof and YSL eye couture), this is a gorgeous primer. Now I can use metallic eyeshadow again without worries. Missing the last lipstick because it doesn’t last 16 hours, but looks fine for 10 hours. Reminds me a lot of too faced’s shadow insurance, but it costs a third of the price.

on 9/9/2018 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have very greasy eyelids, and they're textured with multiple creases. My lids are triple hooded which causes a lot of problems for my eye makeup application. I almost gave up on wearing eyeshadow before I found this primer. I was skeptical when I heard the good reviews for this primer because it's so cheap but it lives up to the hype for me. I apply a small dot to each eyelid and I let it dry for a minute or two before applying my eyeshadow. Less is more! I've noticed that too much primer causes my shadow to crease (I think this is true for almost any eyeshadow primer). I can get at least 12 hours of wear before my eyeshadow starts to show signs of creasing, in sweaty summer weather. I'm hoping I can get longer wear time in the cooler fall and winter months. For anyone who has greasy lids like mine, I found that cleansing my lids and then blotting them before applying primer makes a big difference too.

Here is my experience with other primers in case anyone is testing out primers:
1. NYX Proof It: Very long-wearing, I got about 10 hours with this primer. Unfortunately, it caused an allergic reaction and caused my eyelids to peel and become scaly.
2. Nars Smudgeproof: I used this when it was first released and it was my holy grail. I think there was some kind of formula update and now it doesn't work well for me.
3. TFSI: Creases after 5-6 hours. I strangely really liked the smell of this one.
4. UDPP original: Creases after 7-8 hours and the formula is too drying.
5. Catrice Prime and Fine: Creases after 2 hours.
6. NYX HD: Creases after 5-6 hours.
7. Mac Paint Pot: Creases within 3-4 hours.
8. Milani primer: I had really high hopes for this one but it creased after about 6 hours.
Thankfully the wet n wild one worked wonders for me. Don't give up if you have greasy lids!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have oily lids and hooded eyes. This makes my eye shadow straight up waterproof. Ceasing is a thing of the past. My shadows don't wear off in the crease. this product is amazing. If i could give it more lippies, I would.

you need a very tiny amount, it's very easy to apply and you need to set it. I just use light eye shadow colors that I hate. It's cheap, it will last me forever.

on 7/20/2018 12:23:00 AM

I have oily eye lids. This was a free with pourchous. So I tryed it. I was amazed that I could finally try out all of those utube eye looks you see all the time. With out it looking like I painted my eyes with two colors when I used five. With this colors stayed in PLACE. May have creased later on in the day,but not enuff to make me hate it. It is great for me. An adverage kind of gal with a passion for color. Barrow some. Good luck finding your go to. This is mine so far.