Bath and Body Works Silkening Salt Scrub

No Image

3.6

I picked this up in the Warm Vanilla Sugar fragrance. I am totally blown away by this product. I typically am not so keen on oil-based scrubs, but this one is a real peach. I find that the oils do not make my skin oily - just soft, smooth, and incredibly silky. The packaging is nice and the scent is outrageously soothing. I am probably going to make this my staple scrub. It is honestly that good.

on 11/13/2004 4:12:00 PM

I bought this product last year while I was in the US. I really liked it however it does tend to make your bathtub a little oily and slippery, so please be careful. I bought it in Warm Vanilla Sugar. I can honestly say that this is one of my favourite scents from there ....

In terms of the price, I think it is a little pricey considering the exchnage rate (well at the time of purchase), even the Body Shop is not as expensive. Good Product but a little pricey if you are from Canada (but since the exchange rate is pretty good now), you will definitely get good value for your money.

on 11/3/2004 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow...this is very oily. I think that next time I will try what he reviewer below said about removing part of the oil in the tub before using it. As someone mentioned below, using this product in your shower will turn the area into a grease slick. It definitely sting if you have any cuts or if you have shaved recently so keep that in mind. But, I must admit that once you get past those points, it does a great job of exfoliating your body and making your skin very silky. I do not need a moisturizer after I rinse and towel off. This product is sooo packed with moisturzing agents and oil that, unless you have really dry skin, you will not need a separate body lotion. I do feel that the packaging leave little to be desired unless you like to stick your hand or a small scoop(not included) into the tub to dish out a *serving*. It would be better and less messy in a tube form. With all that said, it can be a good product w/ less oil and different packaging. Until then, I will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff. Though I prefer to exfoliate after i shave so I have to put up with some stinging. It gives very beautiful, soft, radient skin. I'd definitly buy more though, seem to think I can make a homemade version for a lot less.

on 3/18/2004 7:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The first thing I do when I open one of these is I drain off about 3/4 of the oil sitting on top. After that, I am a happy camper! This stuff is great, but just a little on the oily side. I find that it is still plenty moisturizing after I drain it. As others have said, DO NOT get this on cuts or freshly shaven skin and be careful after using it, it makes everything slippery. That being said, it exfoliates well and they have a large variety of scents, so thumbs up from me!

Pleasantly surprised I liked this stuff. I am faithful to Origin's Ginger Salt Scrub but I picked up one of these for $10. It was mixed with Shea butter and smelled liked tangerines...did a great job, although, I do miss the smell and slightly more oiler feel or Origins, but this is a nice change!

on 11/19/2003 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the other reviewers that applying this can be a bit messy (I wish they made this in a squeeze tube formula that would be a lot easier to use) but I'm still in love. This is a wonderful exfoliator that really gives you that clean and fresh feeling without drying out or stripping your skin. I don't find this to be overly oily or greasy, and after I use this my skin always feels soft. I've gone through several jars and will continue to purchase more.

on 5/11/2003 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great for my feet and butt. It makes them so smooth and it's like the ultimate exfoliator. The only problem is you can't use it if you have a cute or scratch cause it will burn, but it tells you that on the package.

I'm in love with this stuff, in various scents depending on my mood. It's especially good in refreshing or citrus scents - try Coconut Lime Verbena, Mango Mandarin, or Green Tea & Cucumber. It's extremely exfoliating without being harsh, and the oils in it keep your skin from drying out from the salt. However, the oil in it turns your shower into an oil slick, so be warned. As long as you are very careful with it, the silky feel you'll be left with afterwards is worth it. You barely need lotion/cream afterwards. Oh, and use it BEFORE shaving - you don't want to learn this the hard way. If you're unsure about making an 18.50 investment in it (although there is almost always some kind of sale going on), buy a $5.00 trial size, or ask a B&BW sales associate to give you a demo on your hands at the in-store sink.

on 2/15/2003 7:51:00 PM

Feels like rubbing shards of glass on my skin. Enough said.