Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation

Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation
Les Beiges Healthy Glow FoundationLes Beiges Healthy Glow FoundationLes Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation

3.4

on 11/30/2017 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is better suited for a combo to oily skin type, and someone who can and does dedicate time every day to exfoliating. I did not care for the feel of it. It pulled every ounce of moisture from my normal skin, and the area around my mouth feels drawn the entire day when I wear it. It is not forgiving, meaning, if life happens and you didn’t exfoliate for a week, the formula will find every dry patch or flake. In fact, it’s so good at this, it’s a great way to figure out where to focus your exfoliation efforts. Despite quality skin care and foundation priming, it still pools into my pores, and because it dries quickly, it’s tough to fix this. It also accentuates fine lines. I can’t imagine what this would look like on someone with moderate aging. This is hands down the worst foundation at this price point I’ve come across in many years. There is nothing modern about this formula. It’s cumulative in that the drying effect worsens the skin as each day goes by. I fell in love at the counter. By day five of application, I was wishing I hadn’t thrown away my receipt. I’ve tried off and on to give it another chance, but sadly, it’s not for my skin.

I have combination skin with large pores and occasional dry patches. The lady at the counter recommended this because it supposed to give a ‘natural’ finish but I would disagree. Although it feels quite light and moisturising it would highlight dry patches I didn’t know I had and would collect in my pores making them look larger. A definite no!

I have been using this foundation for over a year now after trying everything from minerals to MAC and I love it!

Details:

This foundation is not very heavy. I would describe the coverage as light-medium depending on how much you use. 1 pump is enough for my entire face and then I follow up with some spot correction if needed by putting a little on my finder and tapping it in. I don't really use concealer anymore since this can also be used in that way. It has a creamy, almost mousse-like texture and spreads easily with a brush, fingers, or a beauty blender. After you buff if in it has a 'dry down' period where it sets after a minute or two. It does not seperate or oxidize on me.

I have pretty good skin to begin with so I don't need a lot from my foundation. I mainly look for it to help conceal pores, even my skintone, and add a little luminosity. This foundation does all of that. The 'healthy glow' description of it is true and I often find that around mid-day I need to blot or powder my forehead to keep the shine at bay. I'm 32 and just starting to get a few minor forehead lines and this doesn't emphasize or settle into those. I love that this has SPF in it too. While I have decent skin it is sensitive and prone to breakouts if I use products with too many chemicals in them, but this does not break me out or cause any skin issues.

My only gripe with this foundation is the packaging. While the glass is heavy and luxe feeling there is no way to get the top off. Even after the pump won't bring up any more product I can see that there is still foundation in it stuck to the sides. I hate wasting things so it irks me that there is no way to get the rest out.

I received a generous sample of this from the SA at Nordstroms, so if you're interested in the product I'd recommend trying it out first to see if you like it as much as I do!

on 7/29/2017 8:38:00 AM

I have this in two shades, 04 and 05. I use the darkest shade for cream bronzing. What I like about the foundation is that gives you a inner glow and looks songood for the summer. The cons though.. if you need a foundation that covers more, go for one of chanel's satin foundation.

I think the price of this foundation is a little eye watering however I really like it.
Pros
Can apply with fingers
Feels light on skin
Lasts all day
Smells beautiful
Skin like finish
Gives a beautiful glow

Cons
Price
Jump between shades
Sheer coverage

I use the shade No 12 Rosé and it's a little light for me however the undertone is a better fit than the 20 and it warms up nicely with bronzer. It makes my skin look healthy and glowing a little while after application. It doesn't draw attention to my pores or fine lines. However it doesn't entirely mask the redness around my nose and gives minimal coverage to spots. It is surprisingly buildable without looking cakey and it doesn't dry too quickly like other foundations.

All in all its the best foundation I've tried to date out of MAC, Kat Von D, Tarte etc and I'd recommend it but it probably won't be for everyone, like those that want full coverage or a matte finish.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Got a sample of this when it first came out and it's horrendous, I assumed chanel meant high quality and awesomeness boy was I wrong, right off the bat the smell is way too strong, maybe it's because I have a sensitive nose or because I dont like rose smells but personally it was nearly unbearable, after I put it on it didn't get better. It's so drying its almost like a mud pack, on top of that my face started to itch after 5 minutes or so, the only pro is it looked matte and not too shabby but is it worth having a dry, itchy face all day, Id say not! I will stick to BBs. Never ever buying this, my only regret is not being able to try chanel in the 90s when the quality must have been top notch, but I was a kid, guess I missed out!

I really thought I would like this foundation as I love Chanel products, my favourite being Lift Lumiere, it is a very flat finish and very drying, it also affected my eyes not sure if it was the perfume in it but my eyes ended up so red I have to visit an eye doctor, I was put on a steroid for 2 weeks to clear it up, so I won't be purchasing it again and will go back to the Lift Lumiere.

I will be returning this product to the SA tomorrow to make a complaint.

on 5/23/2017 8:43:00 AM

Just hit 40. Large pores and slight lines. Oh and a portwine stain. I like foundations that lightens my stain but not totally mask it. This does a good job. It does looks a bit sheeny and masky when just on but looks great a while later. Gives a healthy glow like it says. Best of all for me, it looks really great by late afternoon. Doesnt set in my pores. Im in a hot humid environment but work in an arctic aircon office. Will buy again. Expensive but a bottle lasts a long way, considering i just pump once and i put it on with a brush.

on 12/8/2016 10:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This foundation is thick, the only way I can apply it is with beauty blender. It's kind of waxy, it's fragrant (but I like the scent very much). When I first apply it, it sort of makes my fine lines on my forehead disappear. But that only lasts for approx. two hours, then, even with either gel (guerlain meteorites) or silicone (porefessional) primer, and setted with powder, it slides off like a snake skin, making me look ridiculous.

on 12/24/2016 7:55:00 PM

Being only 15 years old and owning a Chanel product is always going to be exciting, instantly making you become more naive - you've just spent almost £40 on a foundation, even if it's bad you're going to persuade yourself to love it! But this went completely out the window! Despite only being 15, I have tried and tried to find a foundation that I feel completely comfortable wearing, it's either not my shade or it's just not applying well to my skin. I instantly fell in love with this foundation.

First off - GET YOURSELF COLOUR MATCHED, there is nothing worse than spending money on a product to go home, try it out and find out it's the complete wrong shade. You wouldn't do it with a pair of jeans, so don't do it with a foundation! I had myself colour matched in House of Fraser with my three friends, and I am so glad that I did that because I wouldn't have been persuaded to buy it had I not.

The foundation is light, so light that I forget I even have it on, it smells incredible unlike most drugstore foundations, its easy to apply with any appliances - I usually go straight in with a foundation brush and then go in with my beauty blender just to get into any corners of my face where I find it hard to blend, it's long lasting - I've had mine since October and I'm not even a third of the way through it.

Regarding the price... It's Chanel, what are you expecting to pay and if you're willing to branch out and try a high-end product, start with this foundation, I am never going back to drugstore foundations... AGAIN!