CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation

CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation
Les Beiges Healthy Glow FoundationLes Beiges Healthy Glow FoundationLes Beiges Healthy Glow FoundationLes Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation

3.4

on 12/7/2018 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have found this product to be chalky and leaving a very full flat look on my skin. Very disappointed with this. The colors are great but formula leaves much to be desired. Also felt the coverage was skimpy. I would call it light coverage, and the product is very drying, sticks into imperfections.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Received this foundation as a sample from the Chanel counter, and this did not impress me at all. The only good parts were it felt nice going on (silky), it had a soft finish to the touch and I liked the smell. Besides that, it was light- medium coverage but didn’t smooth out my skin or make my skin look better by any means. Not worth the price tag.

on 9/17/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will not repurchase

This foundation says "healthy glow", but don't expect those dewy finish - I find this foundation more matt side than the dewy side, which happens to be the perfect match for my combination skin (a touch dry side). The texture of the foundation is amazing - one of my favourites of this foundation - more like mousse than cream. Very light, spreads on to the face evenly with my fingers, and although it doesn't cancel out completely, it gives enough coverage to any imperfections. It is surprisingly long wear too, but without any dryness or undesirable stretchy feeling over my face. I also like the bottle design too, it's pump so no mess & will keep the product clean & protected. 1 push is more than enough for me to cover the face and to do some top up on my nose & cheeks where pores are more visible. Another amazing part of this foundation is that it covers my pores too, giving foggy effect over to it but won't make the skin dry so it doesn't get shiny. Perfect foundation for me so far.

This is amazing at smoothing out your face. My face looks so much heathier. People have commented on my skin. I suffer with acne and have very large pores everywhere and no foundation has hidden them like this one. Its so light too. Like a moussey cream its not runny. I used to use perfection lumiere velvet which was also for its pore refining effect and I didnt think i could get any better til i tried this! That is a bit heavier for reference so has better coverage. I bought this one for the spf 25 initially but now i will use it all the time it looks too pretty.
The only problem is this foundation is being marketed as healthy glow so the wrong people are buying it. Its not a glowy illuminating kind of foundation at all! Its matte on my oily skin and i dont use powder until midday. This powdery demi-matte finish means it does highlight dryness so i use a serum beforehand to stop this and im done.
If you want a glowy foundation this isnt for you.
If you have big pores acne pitting you will love it.
Its a great summer foundation, light with high spf, not shiny.

You have to be careful what you wear underneath , less is better.

on 2/13/2018 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this after sales rep recommended it when I asked for a foundation which would be a combination of Dior Star and Dior Forever - medium to full coverage but luminous. This isn't bad but I'm not in love with it. Gives some luminosity, good coverage without looking like a mask or cakey, but still somehow something is missing.

on 11/30/2017 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is better suited for a combo to oily skin type, and someone who can and does dedicate time every day to exfoliating. I did not care for the feel of it. It pulled every ounce of moisture from my normal skin, and the area around my mouth feels drawn the entire day when I wear it. It is not forgiving, meaning, if life happens and you didn’t exfoliate for a week, the formula will find every dry patch or flake. In fact, it’s so good at this, it’s a great way to figure out where to focus your exfoliation efforts. Despite quality skin care and foundation priming, it still pools into my pores, and because it dries quickly, it’s tough to fix this. It also accentuates fine lines. I can’t imagine what this would look like on someone with moderate aging. This is hands down the worst foundation at this price point I’ve come across in many years. There is nothing modern about this formula. It’s cumulative in that the drying effect worsens the skin as each day goes by. I fell in love at the counter. By day five of application, I was wishing I hadn’t thrown away my receipt. I’ve tried off and on to give it another chance, but sadly, it’s not for my skin.

I have combination skin with large pores and occasional dry patches. The lady at the counter recommended this because it supposed to give a ‘natural’ finish but I would disagree. Although it feels quite light and moisturising it would highlight dry patches I didn’t know I had and would collect in my pores making them look larger. A definite no!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Got a sample of this when it first came out and it's horrendous, I assumed chanel meant high quality and awesomeness boy was I wrong, right off the bat the smell is way too strong, maybe it's because I have a sensitive nose or because I dont like rose smells but personally it was nearly unbearable, after I put it on it didn't get better. It's so drying its almost like a mud pack, on top of that my face started to itch after 5 minutes or so, the only pro is it looked matte and not too shabby but is it worth having a dry, itchy face all day, Id say not! I will stick to BBs. Never ever buying this, my only regret is not being able to try chanel in the 90s when the quality must have been top notch, but I was a kid, guess I missed out!

I think the price of this foundation is a little eye watering however I really like it.
Pros
Can apply with fingers
Feels light on skin
Lasts all day
Smells beautiful
Skin like finish
Gives a beautiful glow

Cons
Price
Jump between shades
Sheer coverage

I use the shade No 12 Rosé and it's a little light for me however the undertone is a better fit than the 20 and it warms up nicely with bronzer. It makes my skin look healthy and glowing a little while after application. It doesn't draw attention to my pores or fine lines. However it doesn't entirely mask the redness around my nose and gives minimal coverage to spots. It is surprisingly buildable without looking cakey and it doesn't dry too quickly like other foundations.

All in all its the best foundation I've tried to date out of MAC, Kat Von D, Tarte etc and I'd recommend it but it probably won't be for everyone, like those that want full coverage or a matte finish.