KMS California Color Vitality Shampoo

No Image

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Propylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Ethyhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silicone Quaternium 18, Panthenol, Syringa Vulgaris (lilac) Extract, Isoquercitrin, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, PEG 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 18 Glyceryl Oleate/Cocoate, Polyquaternium 10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium 80, Trideceth 12, Trideceth 6, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitol, Sodium Acetate, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, PCA, Sodium Hydroxide, Tartaric Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 4/15/2018 9:19:00 PM

Okay so this review is for the KMS color vitality blonde shampoo:
Blah, I wanted to love this shampoo as my salon switched to mostly kms products BUT it did virtually nothing for my blonde hair. The colour was a super light lilac, so next to no pigment to reverse any brass tones. I found this actually really heavy, and TOO moisturizing for my hair type. My hair was flat and borderline greasy after every use. I had to switch this out with a volumizing shampoo every other day. It did smell really great though!
I would recommend this for someone who has extremely dry hair and scalp, otherwise not at all, there are way better products for the price.

I didn't like this product a lot

I found it to be really drying, made my hair easily tangled, stripped colour out not a nice product.

Especially for the price of the product it's crap I'm disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've tried many different shampoos and conditioners that claim to help preserve hair color but this is the only line that doesn't break me out, dry out my hair, or make my hair feel greasy the day after use.

I buy the big pro size bottles with the pump, which makes it very convenient and is very hygienic. My hair hasn't oxidized or faded as much as it usually does, so I do think that this shampoo works to help preserve color.

This is my new HG shampoo- it's a transparent purple color, not opaque, so it helps add volume rather than excess moisture- which is perfect for my oily hair. I hate all the shampoos with the oils and silicones- they break me out. This formula might be a bit drying for the winter but it's perfect for spring/summer. My hair is clean and soft- not crunchy like it gets with the residue of too many silicones.

Will definitely repurchase!

UPDATE 10/5/13: This shampoo and conditioner ended up drying out my hair so I stopped using it. I now use Rusk Being Sexy S&C.

on 7/31/2012 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This stuff gives my hair CRAZY shine without using any additional product. It cleanses well and I love the smell. I think it is really expensive, 35.00 for a liter, is a lot!! I only buy it when I find it on sale, and then I stock up!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Horrible product. My hair is now snapping off 3cms from the root. I have never had this problem with any other product.

Avoid!

on 5/13/2011 6:16:00 PM

I was disappointed to see how many bad reviews this product received as personally I'm a huge fan! Been using it for over a year now (blonde shampoo) colour vitality conditioner, the blonde treatment and leave in spray and I adore them all. Made big difference to how my colour lasts and fades, I wouldn't be without any if them. I have found the shampoo to be a great match to my fine, lank hair, it's certainly looks in much better condition since I started using these products. I can get 3 days between washes if I'm feeling particularly lazy, which was previously unheard of as my hair was so greasy after 1day beforehand. I'm def a fan and would rec to anyone with blonde hair that wants to keep their colour looking fresh.

on 5/20/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Horrible product. This shampoo stripped by hair of all moisture, make it impossible to brush through without a good conditioner, and turned my blonde hair an ugly brassy tone. Don't waste your time or money on this, there are much better shampoos out there

on 8/15/2009 6:45:00 AM

love this. smells yummy and is lovely. don't like that the conditioner comes in a *smaller* bottle than the shampoo, but as far as the product goes, I love this shampoo and the conditioner.

My hairdresser recommended this to me after I dyed my hair and had blonde highlights. First off, the smell is subtle and really nice and soothing. This shampoo doesn't strip my hair of all its moisture but does leave it feeling clean. I don't use any styling products apart from serum and the occasional leave in conditioner so my hair doesn't need much heavy cleaning. The shampoo is actually really nourishing because my boyfriend used it on his non treated thick hair and found it very soft afterwards. I didn't get any irritation from this which was a bonus since most shampoos give me dandruff. It's on the expensive side but I bought it in bulk (750mL) so it worked out ok. Colour maintenance wise, it was ok, nothing spectacular but I didn't really expect it to do an amazing job either. I would definitely repurchase along with the matching conditioner.

on 9/25/2007 11:32:00 PM

I have no problem with how the shampoo leaves my hair feeling, but then again I also have nothing to rave about. It's so-so. The scent is nice, however, and it seems like a great basic shampoo for colored hair. I don't know if it's worth the money, though. Cheaper brands work just as well.
My COMPLAINT is that I now suddenly have break-outs all along my hairline since using this shampoo and conditioner! Since that's the only thing I've changed in my routine, they have to be the culprit! I would never buy this again.

Popular Shampoos