4.1

price range

Reviews

from

9 months ago

i was using Shae Moisture Fruit infused Coconut water for the longest time(about 4 tubs) until i switched to this. I ran out of the Shae one and thought why not give this a go since i love anything Coconut and i already use the OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo as a HG so i bought this on a whim. SO HAPPY i tried it. I love how it can be a rinse off or a leave in. It doesnt weigh hair down and does not have an offensive smell. Its a barely there light Coconut water scent. I love it for days where i dont have a lot of time to shower and wait for hair conditioners or i need to rinse fast and get out. It doesnt make my hair sticky or greasy and i literally dont need to rinse that much before getting out the shower since this can be used as a leave in, For busy moms out there who cannot have the luxury to do shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and all, this is the best little gem ive found to make my showers quick but effective. I highly recommend this product if you have medium thickness, long black hair like me. I suffer from hair loss from time to time and also tangles. i have straight to wavy hair and i cant say this makes my hair more curly but it does condition it well(not as great as a deep conditoning mask) and feels/smells really nice. Id repurchase this to use as a leave in but i wouldnt use this by itself for conditioning. I find that using this after my conditioner is best. i wish this conditioned a bit more but i dont think its intended to replace a mask. I will go back to my Shae Moisture Fruit Infusion but this is really nice to have in my hair care routine

About reviewer (389 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Love, love, love this product! I have curly hair (3B) and use this as a leave-in conditioner after washing my hair. My hair is silky smooth after using this product, and stays soft and hydrated for several days. Great product for curly girls!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

1.0

a year ago

I have fine, naturally curly hair. When I couldn't find my Paul Mitchell's curls therapy and hadn't yet ordered my Bounce Curl hair cream, I picked this up. First use...I showered at night and washed my hair. I used the product then hair plopped as I slept. I do this all of the time with fabulous results...EXCEPT THIS TIME! I would not recommend this product to anyone with fine curly hair. My curls were separated, limp no lift, no bounce and frizzy. I will never use this product again and have already ordered my Bounce Curl!!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

this is an amazing leave in cream that will completely change your life. i'm not even exaggerating. i have curly hair and like all of us curlies know, we are frizzy as hell. without leave in, i've been compared to hagrid from harry potter. enter this product. my hair has never been so smooth, curly and healthy looking. this is definitely some powerful stuff so you only need a very small amount. it also smells *amazing* and i've received so many compliments on it, especially when it's wet haha. i imagine even non curlies could benefit from this as well, you'd just need to use waaaay less. from what i can tell it doesn't have any properties that would make you curly, it just helps the curls if they're already there. don't know why it's only marketed to curly girls, but whatever. i like to use this product in conjunction with a curl activator and a curl gel. i find that all three have made my hair the best it's ever been and i'm super pleased with the result. i totally suggest doing so if you find this product alone isn't giving you the definition and curl you were looking for.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

3.0

3 years ago

I finally finished up my container of this product. it lasted me just over 6 months and although I didn't use it daily, i would estimate I used it about 4 days per week on average. the paackaging is okay, but I did not like that this product is constantly exposed to the air when I was using it. I would prefer a squeeze tube for a thick product that is able to dry out if the lid is not on. I found it tedious to constantly unscrew and screw the cap back on with every use. I also have long nails and disliked that product would usually get trapped under them after use since you have to dig into this product due to the packaging. I have hair that is down to my bra strap in the back and I prefer to use a pea sized amount. if I use more than that my hair can look stringy. I only applied this to the bottom half of my hair and not the roots. I love the smell. it smells like true coconut and not that sweet, fake coconut fragrance. at first I used this in conjunction with the shampoo and conditioner from the same line, then later with Organix Sea Mineral Moisture shampoo and conditioner. It behaved approximately the same with both, but I will mention I vastly prefer the sea mineral line to this coconut curls line because my hair really needs the moisture and became a bit dried out when I was using only the coconut curls products. I used this on its own for about half the tub, then for the other half of the tub of product I used it mixed with It's a 10 serum. I like neither one of these leave in conditioners alone, but have really been enjoying them mixed together. I used one pea size of this hair butter and then one half a squirt of the it's a 10 serum. I decided to mix them because when used alone, this product did take away frizz and make hair smoother and more moisturized LOOKING, but my hair was not actually benefiting from it. I still got the same amount of split ends when I went for my hair trims and dryness at the ends of my hair on days when I didn't use it. with the combo i have had slightly less split ends and my ends are more moisturized when I skip any hair products and just shampoo and condition due to laziness. overall I will not be repurchasing and will continue experimenting with new products. I wouldn't recommend this because there is no lasting benefit to using this in my opinion and to me that is the whole point of using a leave in treatment.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

So I acquired this at a family reunion. I was running low on the oil I put in my hair, so I thought I would try it. I have not tried as a conditioner to rinse out, but I absolutely adore it as a leave in. The smell is amazing and I don't think my hair has been so soft and bouncy in the longest time. I don't have to use a lot to get what I wanted. I would without a single doubt buy this numerous times over. I can't wait to see how it fairs in the winter weather. But with the humid summer weather it keeps my hair from going into a frizzy uncontrollable mess, so it already scored wonderfully to me.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

for reference i have thin, wavy hair (2a) and lots of it. I've been dying my hair for almost 20 years, it was looking dull and limp. OGX released this line new for 2016. I was browsing Walgreen's hair selection in search of a new deep conditioner and/or leave in as my current ones were running out and did nothing to WHOA me to repurchase. Thats when this quenching coconut curls line caught my attention. I initially only purchased this curling hair butter to use as a deep conditioner, thinking as a leave in it would be much to heavy for my fine hair. And if your looking for a moisture boost its great to use. BUT YOU GUYS, as a leave in, O-M-G. My curls have so much LIFE and bounce to them, curls i didn't even know i had. You only need a tiny bit as this is a very rich moisturizing conditioner. It smells divine, the texture is so buttery. My hair looks 10 times healthier in just a few weeks. I loved this so much i went out and bought the matching frizz-defying moisture mousse and will soon be purchasing the shampoo and conditioner to try out.

About reviewer (139 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

4 years ago

From the OGX website.. Lather on this versatile hair butter to boost your curls’ hydration. Leave it in for a moisturizing treatment or rinse it out for use as a deep conditioner. I've used this as a deep conditioner & I love it! Its also great as a leave in. I have naturally spiral curly hair 3b mixed with 3a & 3c's and got this last year when it 1st came out. When using it as a leave in a little goes a long way IMO (my hair is bra strap length). The scent is coconutty & tropical. This keeps my dry curls moisturized without feeling weighed down.

About reviewer (835 reviews)

Age36-43