OGX Quenching Coconut Curls Curling Hair Butter

3.0

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cyclotetrasiloxane, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sorbitan Oleate, Honey, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Beeswax, Polyquaternium­37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG­1 Trideceth­6, Ceteareth­20, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I finally finished up my container of this product. it lasted me just over 6 months and although I didn't use it daily, i would estimate I used it about 4 days per week on average. the paackaging is okay, but I did not like that this product is constantly exposed to the air when I was using it. I would prefer a squeeze tube for a thick product that is able to dry out if the lid is not on. I found it tedious to constantly unscrew and screw the cap back on with every use. I also have long nails and disliked that product would usually get trapped under them after use since you have to dig into this product due to the packaging. I have hair that is down to my bra strap in the back and I prefer to use a pea sized amount. if I use more than that my hair can look stringy. I only applied this to the bottom half of my hair and not the roots. I love the smell. it smells like true coconut and not that sweet, fake coconut fragrance. at first I used this in conjunction with the shampoo and conditioner from the same line, then later with Organix Sea Mineral Moisture shampoo and conditioner. It behaved approximately the same with both, but I will mention I vastly prefer the sea mineral line to this coconut curls line because my hair really needs the moisture and became a bit dried out when I was using only the coconut curls products. I used this on its own for about half the tub, then for the other half of the tub of product I used it mixed with It's a 10 serum. I like neither one of these leave in conditioners alone, but have really been enjoying them mixed together. I used one pea size of this hair butter and then one half a squirt of the it's a 10 serum. I decided to mix them because when used alone, this product did take away frizz and make hair smoother and more moisturized LOOKING, but my hair was not actually benefiting from it. I still got the same amount of split ends when I went for my hair trims and dryness at the ends of my hair on days when I didn't use it. with the combo i have had slightly less split ends and my ends are more moisturized when I skip any hair products and just shampoo and condition due to laziness. overall I will not be repurchasing and will continue experimenting with new products. I wouldn't recommend this because there is no lasting benefit to using this in my opinion and to me that is the whole point of using a leave in treatment.