L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow Mono

Colour Riche Eyeshadow Mono

2.9

on 10/1/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I own two of these, Little Beige Dress (LOVE) and Cafe Au Lait (very nice)...the texture is kind of strange (creamier than what I'm used to) and it's a bit hard to blend out..I use a brush but I could see why they recommend your finger. I use them with the UD primer and they last all day. Great formula IMO.

on 9/22/2018 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Colours are beauriful and the matte is a soft matte however the shadow is not very pigmented. I payed about 9.00 Canadian for a single shadow should have bought Revlon instead. I gave it to my 15 year old niece. One word: crappy

on 4/24/2018 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The bad reviews on these are really surprising to me. These are the best matte eyeshadows I've used and I have a lot of eyeshadow. Matte-ison avenue (pictured) is a true burgundy color that does not pull muddy/brown with wear, which is really unusual for a matte burgundy in my experience. The grey color and "cafe au lait" are also fantastic. Cafe au lait is also my go-to contour color because it is so dense, creamy and blendable. They are creamy and quite dense, with absolutely zero fall out or powderiness. You can apply easily with your finger or with a blending brush for a sheer wash.

on 7/2/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

No pigmentation, blends horrible. Color pay off is almost NON EXISTENT. I got the color blue for Fourth of July. It looked vibrant in the packaging.

on 6/1/2017 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I have a LOT of eyeshadow; I mean, really a lot. That said, I've gotten the gray (Meet Me in Paris) and taupe shimmer (Pain au Chocolat). I originally got the gray because I was having trouble finding a neutral medium matte gray; I'm cool-toned and gray works better for me than brown as a neutral/crease color. I always use primer and haven't had any issues with this shadow, applies and blends just fine.

Pain au Chocolat has the slightest bit of lilac tone and is lighter than it appears; makes a very pretty lid shade. Can't speak to blendability, I just foiled it (wet) on the lid to enhance the shimmer.

Its probably the most disappointing eyeshadow ever considering the price, about 8.50 euros. When i apply it its just ok, but it starts creasing within minutes. Its the first time i have this experience with an eyeshadow. It has the worst staying power ever, even with a base. I bought the 102 macadam princess. waste of money.

on 9/28/2016 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have mixed feelings about these shadows. I passed them by for awhile, favoring the Infallibles instead. So, armed with coupons and seeing that Walgreens was having a bogo last week, I bought Café Au Lait, Little Beige Dress, Mademoiselle Pink and Quartz Fume.

Breaking these down here, this is what I think of them:

All of them are soft to the touch. I use my fingers to apply. They reminded me of Almay's Softies but these are a little more pigmented.

Café Au Lait. This is a light greyish taupe on me. It looks matte It applied smoothly but the color is too light for me, so I set this aside as an highlighter. 3 lippies.

Little Beige Dress. OMG. Ladies, if you are looking for something similar to Maybelline's discontinued CT in Nude Pink, this is it!! This I would buy again and I already did at Walmart as backup. This is a beautiful matte nude pink. This made my eyes look awake and hides the crinkles on the lids. Some days I use it to hide the dark circles under my eyes. 5 lippies!

Mademoiselle Pink. A very light whitish pink. Matte. Like CAL, this is too light and too white on me. Highlighter only. 2 1/2 lippies.

Quartz Fume. Chocolate brown with a gold sheen. This applies patchy. It also does not blend well. I find if I apply Maybelline's CT in Chocolate Leather first and then this on top, it makes a very pretty golden chocolate shade. 3 1/2 lippies.

After seeing some of the reviews here, it is really a hit or miss with these shadows but I will certainly stock up on Little Beige Dress!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

What has L'oreal done with their shadows in the last few of years? I used to love their shadows-- they were very blendable and the colors were great. They used to have duos that really worked well. I have this in Quartz Fume, a chocolate brown tone, and Green Promonade, a very pretty jade shimmer green. Now, the colors look great in the package, so i had high hopes. But upon application, they just seem to fade and do not blend well. The green shade did work better than the quartz, but only if I blended it over black liner. I thought maybe it was just me but I can see others have had the same issues. They have no staying power and just seem to be hard to work with. The package is a little hard to open. And the price, around $5, seems a little high for what you get. I got a bogo one these, plus a coupon, so it's another one of those items I got to try for almost nothing. Overall, a very poor replacement for their old shadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was tired of using high-end eye shadows with low pigmentation, high fallout and getting irritated and swollen eyes from all the rubbing required to build and achieve eye shadow visibility. I explored drugstore but am ultrasensitive and was wary of allergic reaction so I went with french cosmetics L'Oreal which also owned other luxe companies: Lancome, YSL, Giorgio Armani, etc.

These L'Oreal Color Riche Eyeshadow Mono caught my eye since the cute compact packaging and vast color range looked promising. I picked up cafe au lait (taupe), meet me in paris (blue grey), pain au chocolat (taupe shimmer) and paris beach(white). As mentioned by other MUA bloggers, these lovely es are layer-unfriendly and can be difficult to blend. I love the mattes: cafe au lait(taupe), meet me in paris(blue grey) and paris beach(white) but cannot get the pain au chocolate (taupe shimmer) to work for me. It was horribly patchy and flaky and I had to wipe off and redo my makeup. After several attempts, I used white (lid base), taupe (crease) and blue grey (outer corner) and it seems to work. These matte es are comparable to high-end ones as the application is smooth, no fallout, last 6+ hours, no allergic reaction and the low price is great. Love.

So disappointed! I had seen reviews from different European Beauty YouTubers praising this eye shadow. This product had been launched in Europe in 2014 and it took for ever to get to North America. I was on the look out and finally spotted them at my local drugstore. What a disappointment to say the least! The eye shadows are soft, the colour range is nice, that's about it. I bought Quartz Fumé, Green Promenade and Café au Lait. They're not as pigmented as the swatches I saw on the Internet. They don't blend well, they're blotchy. I tried applying with my finger, applying with a flat brush and then blending either with a MAC 217 or a Real Techniques shading brush. Not a single good result. Unless the formulation is different from the ones in Europe. I don't know...

I think I'm going to stick to using the L'Oreal Infallible eye shadows, these are amazing ES that are easy to blend with the fingers, or the Maybelline Color Tatoo (pot or crayon) or if I feel fancy the Caviar Stick by Laura Mercier. Not a happy camper. At least it's not a big investment.