3.0

Reviews

2.0
from

4 months ago

My hair is very fine, medium thickness, and cut in a collarbone length blunt lob. When I used blowout, I used it on top of Prime Style Extender. (And maybe the combination is the problem. If I get up the nerve to try Blowout again I’ll do it solo and update.) I followed the directions, spraying Blowout section by section, as I did my brush work. Even though I ran my brush through each section before spraying, after spraying Blowout I found it very difficult to get my brush through each section. Seriously, the sound of snagging and breaking hairs will haunt me for months. *Shudders* I immediately felt as though this product dried out my ends. They both looked and felt a little...fried. However, my blowout looked great. It really did. Awesome body, nice movement. The kind of body I never achieve. Eventually I had to go to sleep. I put my hair in a bun. When I woke up, my hair was a hot mess. Dry, crispy-feeling, and stuck in this weird perma-bun. Even when I managed to shake my hair down, the waves weren’t nice, they were... strangely shaped and all over the place, stiff and dry. Which is not normally the case when I sleep with my hair in a bun. It felt as though the Blowout’s hold has actually increased over night, as if it became drier. Just because it didn’t work for my hair doesn’t mean it won’t work for yours, but honestly, I can’t imagine this working on fine hair. It’s just too drying.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I am always buying products that promise anti frizz or volume or shine for my hair. This is not the kind of product I would ever have bought on my own,.....I got a free sample at Ulta and i kept it in my bathroom cabinet for months. Eventually one day when I ran out of my usual mousse I happened to notice this in the back of the shelf and I used it as a stop gap measure. From day one, it reduced the time it took to blowout my hair, it added shine and reduced frizz. Later that day I attended a family baptism and I received several compliments on my hair even from dour puss aunts. I don’t use any other products now, just shampoo, conditioner and my blowout spray. I don’t need to wash my hair as often either. I can go an extra day and my hair looks great. My hair is oily at the scalp with dry ends and has been highlighted. It is also aging...but with blowout it is aging gracefully. :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Dark

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

I'm surprised at the negative reviews. I use this after I have run Living Proof Prime Style Extender through my hair. Between the two products, there are almost no knots to comb out and I can easily go an extra day or two without washing my hair. Plus drying my hair takes way less time!!!

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

1.0

2 years ago

Didn't contain frizz at all - no shine - taking it back to Ulta.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I absolutely love this product! I have lots and lots of hair, but it's very fine and wavy in the back (but not on the sides). My hair is also blonde and highlighted. With this product, I don't have to round brush or straighten the wavy hair on the back of my head. I just spray the product throughout my hair when it's quite damp, and then blow dry it immediately. If I do this soon after my shower, I don't need to round brush or straighten. Also, the product gives me some nice volume that lasts all day, without any weird texture. I really like this stuff!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

4 years ago

The first time I used it I really liked it....it must have been the styling combo I did that day. My blow dry was bouncy and stayed shaped nicely. Well, ever since I just don't think this is what I need. My hair actually seems more UNmanageable with this....it tends to dry all wonky even with my round brush. When I just push a vent brush through things really get ugly. My hair feels rather sticky, no matter how little I use, and I don't get much volume. It supposedly quick-dries hair and has heat protection with shaping, but to be honest, I prefer L'Oreal's Blow Dry It Quick Dry primer spray to this.

About reviewer (329 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

This spray didn't add any smoothness or shine at all. I blew my hair 80% dry on high heat and then sectioned it off and used a medium round brush starting in the back. My hair is collarbone length so this size brush gives me some volume but also gives me some wave. After hitting the brush with medium heat for a few seconds I then hit it with the cool shot to set the curl. When I took the brush out I was really disappointed that my hair was not smoother and that the ends looked so frayed. I will say that there was some volume at the roots. I proceeded to do this to both sides and then did the same thing to the crown in three sections. But my hair looked the same way. There was some volume at the roots but it wasn't smooth at all and the ends looked frazzled and didn't lay flat. Once I finished I put on my makeup but by the time I finished with that, my hair had totally deflated, all of the volume had disappeared. I didn't even run a brush through it once I finished blow drying. So I'm not impressed with Blowout at all. I expected a much better product. I don't usually blow dry my hair for two reasons: it's time consuming and I hate getting all sweaty. I prefer to air dry my hair overnight and use a curling iron in the morning. This was an experiment because I got a new dryer for Christmas and I wanted to try it out. LP No Frizz styling spray works much better than Blowout. I will be returning Blowout to Ulta. No Frizz is a HG product for me, I've been using it for years. I've certainly had better results blow drying using Moroccan Oil or It'a 10. Blowout is a complete fail for me and I definitely do not recommend it.

About reviewer (316 reviews)

Age44-55