Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation

3.1

Aqua/Water/ Eau, Isohexadecane, Hexyl Laurate, Mica, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate.May Contain/Peut Contenir/ ( /-): Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

URGH.

I bought this on a whim when Laura Mercier was shutting up shop in Australia as I thought it would be nice quality and it may be my last chance to buy it.

Genuinely the most regrettable product I've ever purchased. Normally I'm very careful about what I buy as I like to make sure I used every last drop of products so I'm not wasting them. It is expensive, patchy, oily, orange, settles into every pore....truly the list goes on. I've used lots of foundations both department store price range and very cheap stuff from the chemist. Honestly, I've never bought one as bad as this. It's the kind of thing you use and then immediately feel like you need to wash your face and start over. I think another reviewer put it best when they said, "I had the feeling it was going to slither right off my face." At least I got a laugh out of that!

Trying desperately to think of creative ways to use this up...do any candleglow fans want mine??

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of the worst foundations i had ever tried. It oxidizes on your skin and leaves you looking orange/brown and greasy also. It does not control the oil. And they do not have great shade range for all skin types.

This has been my favorite foundation for years. I use it with the ysl touche eclat blur perfector primer and it glides on so smoothly and has a really glowy / luminous look (I apply it with a foundation brush) The coverage is rather light but I it can be built up. I usually just apply concealer on top of the foundation if I have any blemishes. The foundation looks so so natural which is why this product is my favorite. I feel like it really soaks into the skin rather than sitting on top and looking cakey, which I find with a lot of other foundations. I use the shade "Dune." I have tried other foundations but I always end up coming back to this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this on a whim and I was so disappointed. Although the consistency was good, it doesn't look like you have actually got anything on. I tried using a damp sponge and a brush. It doesn't give any coverage and for the price you would expect more from it. When I applied it using a sponge I felt that it looked tacky ( consistency) on the sponge and when applied to the face i couldn't actually tell a difference and the same happened with the brush. I tried using different primers but I think its the foundation thats the issue. I wouldn't repurchase this item again as I don't think it does what it claims to do.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I sampled this from Sephora as I'm in the market for a new foundation for my mature, slightly dry skin. It was a no-go for me as it offered so little coverage, less than a tinted moisturizer. I can't see spending the money on an expensive product like this that doesn't improve the look of your skin. I do like the brand's Candleglow finishing powder somewhat though, although not sure it's better than cheaper versions from MAC such as the Mineralize Skin Finish.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

At £35 this foundation is quite expensive for what it does. It has a sheer to light medium coverage. However it does give you this luminous glow when applied. I have this in the shade ivory, and its an okay match because it has a warm undertone. Because of how sheer it goes on, you can get away being a slightly darker. Though disappointingly this appears to be the lightest colour of their warm undertones (I'm currently between a chanel b20 and b30 I believe). I would not recommend building up this foundation, as it will look too plastic on your face, and make it really obvious you have foundation on. Using a mattifying primer underneath helps with oil control I find. I also use powder on top so after 8 hours its still looking ok, though some may think that defeats the purpose of the foundation, as the powder will eliminate the glow a bit. I don't mind losing a bit of the glow in return for a good wear time; at least my face doesn't look flat. Its neither drying or hydrating, doesn't cling to dry patches too much. As some may have mentioned already, each pump lets out quite little foundation; I use 4 pumps for my face. However the bottle size is the same, so technically you shouldn't be getting through this quicker since you are using around the same amount as you would for other foundations anyway. It doesn't cover much of my blemishes, so definitely still need a concealer. Makes your skin look nicer but quite natural at the same time, just be careful not to slap too much on. Give it half an hour to settle on your skin and it will look nice. Looks best at the first few hours.
I like these types of foundations as matte foundations really dry me out and look too fake on me. But as usual the cons of these luminous glow foundations are the wear time and coverage. Though in real life, however often are you going to have a foundation on for over 12 hours every day? At the moment, am not planning to repurchasing this foundation. I did do my research on this foundation, and the consensus appeared to be 50/50, but I still went ahead and tried it anyway, as no other foundation actually caught my attention, and I wanted a new foundation!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

In search for a sheer, luminous foundation, I set out to try this Candleglow in four shades, I have very oily skin and this makeup was literally obliterated by the oil. After a blot sheet, it was gone. For such a pricey product, it sure breaks down easily. They have good shades, but this isn't even a five-hour foundation or light coverage. Thumbs down.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this at Sephora in the color cashmere (Mac NC20 for reference). This has got to be the sh*tt*est foundation I have ever tried (low and high end). It covered squat and I had the feeling it was going to slither right off my face. Even with primer and setting spray it wouldn't stick around. And it's not like I needed it to cover much, just some minor discoloration and broken capillaries. I've had $10 drugstore foundation of much better quality.

I love Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, but I decided to buy this because I wanted something that was cheaper. I really like it for an everyday, light coverage foundation. It is very sheer. It evens out skin tone, but it doesn't provide as much coverage as the Armani foundation. Also, my skin is really pale so I have trouble finding the right shade. Laura Mercier has a lot of options on the light end of the spectrum, and Vanille works for me. MAC NC15 turns a weird yellow color on my skin, but this blends right in.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love it. A nice sheer foundation that is perfect for everyday. With LM primer it doesn't settle into lines and looks natural. I used LM Tinted Moisturizer before but like this better. A bit more coverage than the TM.