Stila Got Inked Cushion Eye Liner - Garnet

Stila Got Inked Cushion Eye Liner - Garnet

2.0

Copper Ink: WATER (AQUA), ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, MICA (CI 77019), GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, BENTONITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, BIS-C16-20 ISOALKOXY TMHDI/PEG-90 COPOLYMER, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PROPANEDIOL, OLETH-10, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYSORBATE 60, XANTHAN GUM, TIN OXIDE, SODIUM METAPHOSPHATE, ILLICIUM VERUM (ANISE) FRUIT EXTRACT. ( /-) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDE RED (CI 77491), CARBON BLACK (CI 77266), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), ALUMINUM POWDER (CI 77000).

on 5/20/2017 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Found this at TJMaxx for $5.99 and thought I would give it a try.

It’s not very pigmented, the application is easy but the way it looks reminds me of one of those crayola watercolor paint sets and how you can see through the color because it is very sheer in my experience.

I have deep skin so I can acknowledge that it is a factor of why the color isn’t bold on me but I would expect for a product with the word “INKED” in the title to have more impact. If I build it up it can look ok as a subtle color to define my eyes, but I do have to wear a light tan shadow so that there is some contrast, even then its not very visible. You'd have to be very close to even see I have eyeliner on.

I did like the color but I feel as though it would work better in a gel / cream formula where the product would have more..."oomph" with a thicker consistency. I would be inclined to try the black version but the only one at the store near me was garnet. The packaging is very cute but I have other drugstore liners that I love and a list of others I want to try so I’m not too hung up on this not working out for me. I will use it up as much as I can.

I saw this at a Ross or Marshall's while on vacation and thought I'd try it out...and wish I hadn't because it didn't work on my oily lids at all. My primer of choice for the past few years had been Urban Decay's Primer Potion, but this was just difficult to use and had no staying power--bits flaked off within an hour or two and the rest oxidized, not pretty. At home I tried it with a few different eyeliner brushes (Paula Dorf, Bobbi Brown, drugstore brands) to no avail. The search continues.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It's ok, but not great. I find it takes quite a bit of product to get a line across one eye and the colour soon fades or rubs off. I tried a few different eye liner brushes and found the best one that works with it is the Benefit 'get bent liner brush' as you can load both sides to keep working on the line as it runs out on the brush. Stila do make a companion brush for this eyeliner which I have not tried so not sure if it makes a difference.

The colour payoff for Garnet is ok, I'm a sucker for a maroon or burgundy sparkly eye liner, but I've found that if I don't pair this with my black liquid liner it doesn't look like I'm wearing any liner.

As far as the packaging goes the little pot is easy to carry and doesn't spill. I do like the sponge idea but I think for an eyeliner the concept doesn't quite work.