Etude House My Beauty Tool Secret Brush 121

No Image

1.0

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this brush because I was interested in the new style of oval makeup brush, and I wanted to try some inexpensive versions before investing in a high-end brush.

Compared to both the MAC oval 6 brush, and the Missha Professional Oval Makeup brush, this brush from Etude house is the least dense. The fibers are not very dense at all. The fibers are longer, and even less densely packed at the ends, so the surface of this brush is not as stiff or as smooth. This brush also has a smaller head than either of the aforementioned brushes. It's too small to be a practical foundation brush, but too large to be a practical concealer brush.

I've tried using this brush to apply MAC Studio Fix powder, MAC Mineralize cream foundation, and Laura Mercier Candleglow foundation. The brush is not good for applying powder. It kind of grinds the product into my skin, emphasizing pores and fine lines. I prefer a kabuki brush.

For cream and liquid formulas, I prefer the Missha oval brush. The Etude House brush doesn't spread product very well, so I ended up with heavier coverage than I wanted, and it was hard to even the coverage out. The Etude House brush also left brush prints in the makeup, which I really hate. Worst of all, for some reason makeup applied with this brush does not last long, even with a setting spreay.

But the WORST thing about this brush, which caused me to edit this post down to 1 star, is that after using it only a handful of times, the brush head now falls off when I'm trying to use the brush to apply makeup. My options are to glue the brush head on or throw it away, and I think I'm just going to toss it.

The one thing I *do* prefer about the Etude House brush is the handle. The shape of the handle, and the rigid plastic, make it the easiest for me to hold and use with a light hand.

This brush has a removable head and it comes with a second head, which is a sponge. I've never used the sponge so I can't review it, except to say that it feels cheap and stiff.

Popular Makeup Brushes