L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil-in-Cream

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil-in-Cream

4.2

Bought the option for 'Dry/Rough Hair' - Used more than recommended as my blnd hair is highlighted and very very frizzy. This worked like magic. I'm actually astonished at the condition it brought to my hair as I didn't condition properly. I love it! Will be using this in place of serums as it isnt greasy or oily and really works like a moisturizer for very damaged, dry, frizzy hair.

on 6/10/2017 9:37:00 AM

I have tried quite a few leave-in treatments and this one is one of my favourites. I like that the product itself is more on the liquid side. Many leave-in treatments are too thick and heavy for my hair so it is rare to for me to come across a leave-in treatment that is light but still really moisturising. I really love the scent as well amazing! It also keeps the hair soft and moisturized.
However i find that the product works better in semi-dry hair rather than damp hair straight out from the shower. You need a very little amount (especially if you have fine and thin hair like me), if you use too much the hair will get oily which is the only con i can think of. It's a really good product compared to the price and i will recommend it for anyone! It is suitable for all hair types.

on 10/22/2016 5:26:00 AM

I am loving this product! I've got curly hair that I like to leave natural & wavy. This cream leaves my hair looking healthy, not greasy and eliminates my frizz.

on 9/25/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a decent mid-range leave in cream if you need something to help tame your hair, particularly for the very reasonable price. I find it a little on the water-y side, and my hair remains frizzy after its use, I'd say it helps reduce the frizz by around 30%, I then need to add various oil and cold blow dry to get it to around 70% reduced frizz. There are better products out there, but this is very affordable, and I would expect it is very good for those with virgin (uncoloured) or already very healthy hair - the conditioning may be enough for those of you falling in that basket. If your hair is very dry, I'd suggest it may not be that helpful.

on 1/12/2016 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

From the official website:

''BENEFITS
Are you worried about trying a hair oil? Now you can experience the nourishing feeling of Extraordinary Oil but in the lightness of a cream.

With 6 luxurious flower oils*, use it in the same way you would use an Extraordinary hair oil and discover a new daily beauty ritual.

What's your Oil-in-Cream ritual?

1. THE FINISHING TOUCH
Apply a small amount onto wet or dry hair for hair that feels nourished with a luxuriously floral fragrance.

2. BEFORE BLOW-DRYING AS A HAIR PRIMER
Apply a lollipop-sized amount evenly through the lengths and ends of your hair before blow-drying to help protect it from frizz and feeling dry.

3. A PRE-SHAMPOO MASSAGE TREATMENT
Before shampooing, apply a generous amount throughout the hair, from root to tip. Massage the sumptuous cream into your scalp and leave for up to 5 minutes. Follow with Extraordinary Oil shampoo for luxurious nourishment.''

So, first off I don't use it as a pre-shampoo treatment since I have lots of hair and the tube would be gone in no time. I prefer actual oils like coconut or olive oil for that.

I have curly hair around 2c, bra strap length. What I do is wash and condition them, comb, apply some of this cream -around the size of half walnut- and wrap into a towel for 10' before frizziness kicks in. Then apply some hair gel, scrunch them a bit and apply the same amount of this cream as in the start to smooth everything out. I get well defined, frizz free curls this way. I use it on dry hair too if they become unruly or need some extra prep.

I also use it when wearing my hair straight but in this case I use it as a finishing product (I prefer a heat protectant when hair is still moist for that)

It's a yellow cream with thin consistency and spreads nicely withought weightnening the hair down or leaving them sticky/greasy as hair oils do sometimes. The tube is well made and 150ml cost around six euros. Don't expect it to be a heavy duty treatment though because you'll end up disappointed but it's also a multipurpose product and have really been enjoying using it.