Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

4.1

Maybelline is one of my favorite drugstore brands and so I was excited to test out this product.

The Maybelline Master Fixt Setting+Perfecting Powder is good for an everyday use. I find myself reaching for it on a daily basis. It's affordable and does an incredible job at mattifying and making the skin appear poreless. My crater-like skin looks super smooth with the application of this product.

However, it is not a good setting when taking pictures or for special occasions. It does leave a white sheen across the skin and has terrible flashback in pictures.

I know I said it leaves a white sheen but the white sheen isn't too noticeable. I just won't be wearing this product for pictures ever. I'm definitely repurchasing it when I run out because of the affordability of it and its ability to do its job.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does not control oil. Was oily within 1hr. It's also so fine that it flies everywhere. Hate it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I really love this. I have super oily skin and this helps alot

I love this setting powder. I use it everyday because it gives me a smooth complexion. The downside is I believe they are discontinuing this product, so trying to get you hands on it is quite difficult and also pricey. Only down side is I notice it does lighten my foundation a bit with I didn't mind. Now the new version had a color tint, which has it's pro's and con's. Basically I like it more than the older version but I do find it difficult to find the right shade

on 10/10/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am apparently the lone dissenter regarding repurchase--i would not. I started using Ben Nye neutral set back in 2004 and finally the colorless powder thing has caught on. This does a good job of setting my makeup. It is lightweight--so much so that when i go to apply, a big cloud of noxious powder smoke puffs up. It would be nice to have an adjustable sifter on this. So i am going to tape over some of the holes in an effort to shrink the smoke cloud. I do not like the smell of this product. One of CG's powders smells like cat litter. Guerlain Meteorites has that violet scent which was a dealbreaker for me. This powder has a burnt-plastic odor that i find unpleasant. I will try to use this up but planning to go back to colorless pressed Rimmel powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Use it to bake daily. It's so fine and smooth. Makes me look poreless. It can be a tad difficult to blend out the baking with this when I go in super heavy but using a setting spray really helps absorb the additional left over product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This works really well. You don't have to use a lot and you get a lot of product. I also use it in combination with the setting spray for extra makeup staying power.

on 3/2/2017 10:12:00 AM

A great product. With only using BB+concealer+and this powder I can look polished and glowy. I'm working in an environment where we couldn't wear obvious/thick makeup or in other words no-makeup makeup. Anyway this powder is perfect. And I'm also loving the affordable price. Will def buy this product again.

on 12/14/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Update 2017:
I can use this just fine as a FINISHING powder to take shine away slightly by sweeping a small amount of it on my t-zone and under eye or all over.

NO BAKING. You can't pack this silica powder on because translucent doesn't mean invisible. If you pack it on your makeup will look dull and ashy, and I imagine you will also get an ugly flashback in pictures.

Used sparingly it doesn't break me out and doesn't add a lot of texture to my makeup.

I don't think it blurs anything, which is why I give it an average rating.

on 8/19/2016 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this powder. As in all of my reviews, I like to state that I wear minimal makeup. That is one of the reasons I enjoy this powder so much. All I wear for face makeup is primer, concealer and this powder. I use it to set my concealer, and it works very well for that. My under eye concealer does not crease for 12+ hours. Since I only wear minimal makeup, this is a wonderful product for my needs. I am always on the hunt for products that can blur, fill in pores, and leave me with a beautiful finish without adding layers of texture to my already textured skin. This product does all the above. I love how lightweight it is and fact that it's translucent is even more of a positive for me. I have very oily skin and will sometimes touch up once during the day if my shine is out of control. I was extremely impressed with how much powder is packed into that little container. I bought a second one because I thought i was almost out, that was three weeks ago and I still haven't opened the new one lol. As other reviews have stated it can be messy, but what loose powder can't be, right?

pros:
-lightweight on skin
-sets concealer beautifully
-cannot be seen on skin
-allows me to mattify without the dry lol
-a lot of product is in the small container
-easy to find, sold in most stores that carry makeup

cons:
-messy, and can pour out fast