Maybelline New York Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Maybelline New York Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This powder works wonders when it comes to setting your face. It doesn't provide an ashy flashback (at least for me, a person with a medium deep skin tone). A light dusting is all you need and your makeup will stay put (for the most part). It might transfer if you are a bit oily skinned. Overall a good setting/finishing powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
-It does mattify and prolong foundation wear
-does somewhat blur imperfections
-prevents creasing pretty well (I use it in the under eye area as well, and I apply it with a brush)
-gives a natural finish, not excessively matte
-for me it prevents foundation from oxidizing, and lightens it up ever so slightly, which I like because I have very pale skin and any bit of oxidation shows like crazy

Cons:
- a lot more product could fit in that packaging
- the packaging makes it impossible to transport, it flies away and gets everywhere unless I shove a tiny powder puff in between the lid and the jar, but product still gets wasted
- also flies and spreads everywhere when you try to shake a little powder into the lid, again there's a lot of product that gets wasted
- quite pricey

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Maybelline is one of my favorite drugstore brands and so I was excited to test out this product.

The Maybelline Master Fixt Setting+Perfecting Powder is good for an everyday use. I find myself reaching for it on a daily basis. It's affordable and does an incredible job at mattifying and making the skin appear poreless. My crater-like skin looks super smooth with the application of this product.

However, it is not a good setting when taking pictures or for special occasions. It does leave a white sheen across the skin and has terrible flashback in pictures.

I know I said it leaves a white sheen but the white sheen isn't too noticeable. I just won't be wearing this product for pictures ever. I'm definitely repurchasing it when I run out because of the affordability of it and its ability to do its job.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does not control oil. Was oily within 1hr. It's also so fine that it flies everywhere. Hate it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I really love this. I have super oily skin and this helps alot

I love this setting powder. I use it everyday because it gives me a smooth complexion. The downside is I believe they are discontinuing this product, so trying to get you hands on it is quite difficult and also pricey. Only down side is I notice it does lighten my foundation a bit with I didn't mind. Now the new version had a color tint, which has it's pro's and con's. Basically I like it more than the older version but I do find it difficult to find the right shade

on 10/10/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am apparently the lone dissenter regarding repurchase--i would not. I started using Ben Nye neutral set back in 2004 and finally the colorless powder thing has caught on. This does a good job of setting my makeup. It is lightweight--so much so that when i go to apply, a big cloud of noxious powder smoke puffs up. It would be nice to have an adjustable sifter on this. So i am going to tape over some of the holes in an effort to shrink the smoke cloud. I do not like the smell of this product. One of CG's powders smells like cat litter. Guerlain Meteorites has that violet scent which was a dealbreaker for me. This powder has a burnt-plastic odor that i find unpleasant. I will try to use this up but planning to go back to colorless pressed Rimmel powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Use it to bake daily. It's so fine and smooth. Makes me look poreless. It can be a tad difficult to blend out the baking with this when I go in super heavy but using a setting spray really helps absorb the additional left over product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This works really well. You don't have to use a lot and you get a lot of product. I also use it in combination with the setting spray for extra makeup staying power.

on 3/2/2017 10:12:00 AM

A great product. With only using BB+concealer+and this powder I can look polished and glowy. I'm working in an environment where we couldn't wear obvious/thick makeup or in other words no-makeup makeup. Anyway this powder is perfect. And I'm also loving the affordable price. Will def buy this product again.