Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

4.8

I just picked this up on a whim and I've used it everyday. It blends nicely and does what it says. Well worth the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

People are saying this is a dupe for the Make Up For ever HD Powder. Having owned both... It is most definitely not!! This is a great powder, but it is nowhere near as fine and silky and translucent as the MUFE powder. Look at the ingredients. The Maybelline master fix is talc, silica, and silicone. The HD powder is 100% silica. So the best dupe for that is the NYX HD loose powder which is also 100% silica and behaves exactly like the MUFE powder.

Now that I've cleared that up, I am totally okay with this powder. I don't think it blurs whatsoever, but it is a great setting powder (and even a finishing powder) for all areas of the face. It's very matte and controls oil well. You don't need much. Don't bake with it or you'll look like a ghost. If you do over-apply it, spray your face with Fix+ or your favorite dupe and it will melt into your face and look beautiful. What i do is put on my primer and foundation, then conceal the areas I want to conceal, then use this powder with my damp sponge to set my under eyes. Then I use a powder brush to set my whole face with this. Like I said you don't need much so use a light hand. I then do my contour and blush, then spray the Elf setting spray heavily to make it all melt together. This way my face doesn't look powdery, it looks very airbrushed and luminous.

The packaging is okay, a simple sifter, but this stuff will get everywhere if you're not careful. It was $10 in my local CVS which is an okay price now that I've used this for awhile, but when I initially paid that price I was kinda bummed considering there were a ton of other powders there for under 10 bucks. Maybelline is raising their prices in general lately though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin and have tried numerous setting powders. Two face primed was most recent which turned into gritty, nasty mess! I was in awe when I looked at my makeup and looked perfect for at least 6-7 hours which is s record. I have used urban decay setting spray in past and not impressed UNTIL I used with this product. I think Mac Pro longwear, set with maybeline master fix and a spray of urban decay all nighter is the makeup cocktail that I have search long and hard for. YAY!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Picked this up because it seemed like a clear dupe for the Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder. Gotta say, this powder is really nice. I have some oil control issues and this, paired with De-Slick, keeps me nicely matte. Like with the MUF powder, I use a REALLY light hand with this, and so far I haven't experienced any flashback. However, I wouldn't be surprised, like with the HD powder, if you use a heavier hand, that might become an issue. This sits on the skin very nicely, but personally, I think it needs a setting spray with it, or else it can be sort of heavy. Like with the MUF powder, do NOT attempt to bake with this, or you'll look like Casper the friendly ghost.

Be prepared to inhale this stuff, because it goes EVERYWHERE. It's such a fine powder that it just kind of smokes up as you dab your brush in it. I can't really think of anything to stop that, packaging wise. Might have been nice if it came with one of those plastic caps that stops it from spilling into the lid, just to keep it tidier. But that's a nit pick that can be solved with a little scotch tape, if so desired.

The price is decent, although I've gotta say I expected it to be a way deeper package than what it turned out to be. Still, if it's between buying this and the MUF HD, this is a lovely dupe and way cheaper, that's for sure. Overall, a great product.