Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

4.6

I love this setting powder. I use it everyday because it gives me a smooth complexion. The downside is I believe they are discontinuing this product, so trying to get you hands on it is quite difficult and also pricey. Only down side is I notice it does lighten my foundation a bit with I didn't mind. Now the new version had a color tint, which has it's pro's and con's. Basically I like it more than the older version but I do find it difficult to find the right shade

on 10/10/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am apparently the lone dissenter regarding repurchase--i would not. I started using Ben Nye neutral set back in 2004 and finally the colorless powder thing has caught on. This does a good job of setting my makeup. It is lightweight--so much so that when i go to apply, a big cloud of noxious powder smoke puffs up. It would be nice to have an adjustable sifter on this. So i am going to tape over some of the holes in an effort to shrink the smoke cloud. I do not like the smell of this product. One of CG's powders smells like cat litter. Guerlain Meteorites has that violet scent which was a dealbreaker for me. This powder has a burnt-plastic odor that i find unpleasant. I will try to use this up but planning to go back to colorless pressed Rimmel powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Use it to bake daily. It's so fine and smooth. Makes me look poreless. It can be a tad difficult to blend out the baking with this when I go in super heavy but using a setting spray really helps absorb the additional left over product.

on 7/22/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really awesome translucent setting powder. I have combo oily skin and use this to set my undereye concealer; it does a nice job of preventing creasing under my eyes. The only con for me is the messy packaging. Every time I dip my brush into the powder and tap off the excess, a cloud of smoke goes everywhere. Other than that, this is a great setting powder! Highly recommend it!

I've been a Makeup Forever HD Powder junkie for years and I've been looking for a drugstore dupe for such a long time. This works as well (if not better) than MUF. It keeps my under eye concealer in place and when I set my whole face with it, I feel like it makes my skin look flawless.

I just really wish that these loose powders at the drugstore could figure out a way to have a sifter that closes... But I figured out that you can put a round compact sponge in the sifter tray to keep it from being so messy.