Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does not control oil. Was oily within 1hr. It's also so fine that it flies everywhere. Hate it.

I love this setting powder. I use it everyday because it gives me a smooth complexion. The downside is I believe they are discontinuing this product, so trying to get you hands on it is quite difficult and also pricey. Only down side is I notice it does lighten my foundation a bit with I didn't mind. Now the new version had a color tint, which has it's pro's and con's. Basically I like it more than the older version but I do find it difficult to find the right shade

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

People are saying this is a dupe for the Make Up For ever HD Powder. Having owned both... It is most definitely not!! This is a great powder, but it is nowhere near as fine and silky and translucent as the MUFE powder. Look at the ingredients. The Maybelline master fix is talc, silica, and silicone. The HD powder is 100% silica. So the best dupe for that is the NYX HD loose powder which is also 100% silica and behaves exactly like the MUFE powder.

Now that I've cleared that up, I am totally okay with this powder. I don't think it blurs whatsoever, but it is a great setting powder (and even a finishing powder) for all areas of the face. It's very matte and controls oil well. You don't need much. Don't bake with it or you'll look like a ghost. If you do over-apply it, spray your face with Fix+ or your favorite dupe and it will melt into your face and look beautiful. What i do is put on my primer and foundation, then conceal the areas I want to conceal, then use this powder with my damp sponge to set my under eyes. Then I use a powder brush to set my whole face with this. Like I said you don't need much so use a light hand. I then do my contour and blush, then spray the Elf setting spray heavily to make it all melt together. This way my face doesn't look powdery, it looks very airbrushed and luminous.

The packaging is okay, a simple sifter, but this stuff will get everywhere if you're not careful. It was $10 in my local CVS which is an okay price now that I've used this for awhile, but when I initially paid that price I was kinda bummed considering there were a ton of other powders there for under 10 bucks. Maybelline is raising their prices in general lately though.

on 12/14/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Update 2017:
I can use this just fine as a FINISHING powder to take shine away slightly by sweeping a small amount of it on my t-zone and under eye or all over.

NO BAKING. You can't pack this silica powder on because translucent doesn't mean invisible. If you pack it on your makeup will look dull and ashy, and I imagine you will also get an ugly flashback in pictures.

Used sparingly it doesn't break me out and doesn't add a lot of texture to my makeup.

I don't think it blurs anything, which is why I give it an average rating.

on 7/22/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really awesome translucent setting powder. I have combo oily skin and use this to set my undereye concealer; it does a nice job of preventing creasing under my eyes. The only con for me is the messy packaging. Every time I dip my brush into the powder and tap off the excess, a cloud of smoke goes everywhere. Other than that, this is a great setting powder! Highly recommend it!